Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 199,048 times)

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

This film is steadily confirming its value as unintentionally hilarious comedy gold. :D

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Nov 05, 2007, 05:44:04 AM
This film is steadily confirming its value as unintentionally hilarious comedy gold. :D

It really is. I went from skepticism and some doubts about the film based on originall hearing the setting in a small town and seeing the cast to mild enthusiasm, to full blown enthusiasm after seeing the red band trailer and population trailer then back to reality when i heard about the new reproduction method and saw more of the predalien's design.
Now it seems I may enjoy making fun of the movie if its bad and there's enthusiasm for the film once again. lol.

The Chibi Kiriyama

The Chibi Kiriyama

...Alright. I've tried to be nice about it, but since I just can't say anything nice about this thing as a whole I figured this might as well go into the unofficial PredAlien thread.

What...the sweet, merciful hell...is this? I mean, it literally has not only the mutilated "new" mandibles, it also has mandibles on its tongue? This is the same PredAlien that was going to wash my bias away like Greg said, right?

This is the Giger-esque design we were supposed to be so happy about? This fleshy...? Well, let me not get vulgar.

But do you at least see what I'm talking about? No one's made a comment on the putrid sag of this thing, the messy placement of the nailed dreadlocks (which I still can't find a reason for being there), whatever the **** is happening at the back of the crown, or the tubes and shoulder design which just seem ramdomly...there...for some reason.

This design makes no sense. At all. This seems more like a studio compromise than a sophisticated creature design. I've tried to be nice about this throughout, but this maquette shows the PredAlien to be, frankly, ridiculous through and through.

Anomaly

Anomaly

Quote from: The Chibi Kiriyama on Nov 09, 2007, 03:09:06 AM
it also has mandibles on its tongue?

Nice!

Major Alan Schaefer

The Chibi Kiriyama

That's not right, huh?

Major Alan Schaefer

I SAW IT LOL i said that's not right like i can't bealive they did that

The Chibi Kiriyama

Well, at least one person thinks so...

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: The Chibi Kiriyama on Nov 09, 2007, 03:18:50 AM
Well, at least one person thinks so...
I gues that makes it on the big one like that?

SiL

SiL

If that's Colin's definition of 'biomechanical', I weep for his definition of 'back to the roots'.

Major Alan Schaefer

If you ask me the toy seems to look alot worse than the pics we have so it might not be as bad with good lighting

Vemados

Vemados

I don't think it's so much lighting... I think it'll look better in motion.  Except for the scene where it gets the whip that sucked bad...

The Chibi Kiriyama

Again, I've tried to be positive about this. But the more I look at this, the more I feel like...well, it's still not "Newborn" bad, but I'd be lying if I said it was much better.

I hope it's really, really, really dark in this film.

SiL

SiL

Considering that maquette is made by ADI, yeah, that's what it looks like.

Well, no; the one in the film looks fleshier and less like hard cheap plastic around the mouth. But still.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: SiL on Nov 09, 2007, 03:22:02 AM
If that's Colin's definition of 'biomechanical', I weep for his definition of 'back to the roots'.

Been thinking the same thing.  This thing is not biomech.

It's, at best, around Alien 3 level.  In fact, the stomach/pelvic/upper thighs area reminds me of the Fury Alien quite a bit.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed