Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 199,111 times)

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: Anomaly on Oct 30, 2007, 04:16:22 AM
Quote from: SiL on Oct 30, 2007, 04:15:17 AM
Quote from: Anomaly on Oct 30, 2007, 04:12:42 AM
I cant believe youre arguing this concept.... 

man.. maybe vomit IS the next step  ::)
"It's more plausible!"

"Well, it doesn't have to follow facts."

Figure it out. ::)

U want cold hard facts go to college. U want instinct , talk about films.

Stupidest shit ever.

C'mon man.  There has to be SOME effort to keep shit organized.  If you want stuff all over the place, you end up with the kenner comics.  It just gets so out there it becomes that all powerful monster that nobody cares about.  

Part of what made the original movie so scary is because you DIDN'T know what the Alien was capable of.  

Now everybody finds the need to explain everything up down and sideways and the need to add new abilities just because they can.

As I've said earlier, there was nothing to evidence this stuff happening in film.  

Gin Rummy's, "the absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence," type logic need not apply here.  

Tarantino does a better job keeping continuity between films and his shit is all over the place.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: SiL on Oct 30, 2007, 04:19:39 AM
Personally I could never think of any other way for it to get the process started, but that was part of what was great about it; you just didn't know.

I vote tail stinger.  I know they don't have a stinger, but hey, the hands injecting shit doesn't seem likely, and the mouth is to much like the barf idea.

Anomaly

Anomaly

I think I made my opinion on it at least known. I wont press further.

That Yellow Alien

Quote from: Kimarhi on Oct 30, 2007, 04:21:16 AM

Gin Rummy's, "the absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence," type logic need not apply here. 

That's funny, I have the Boondocks on right now, and it is the episode where Sam Jackson says that exact same thing in a parody of Pulp Fiction.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Gin Rummy and Ed Wuncler III are the second best set of characters on the show next to Huey and Riley.

I love the episode where they hold up the store.

Rumsfield and the Prez at their finest.

badass_badger

badass_badger

I present to you a sneak peak of the new alien reproduction cycle:

http://www.whorehole.org/posts/dogbarf/barf_flash.html

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I ought to woop you boy.

That Yellow Alien

"There are known knowns and there are known unknowns, but there are also unknown unknowns!"  ;D

"What the f**k ya'll lookin at?"

Charlie Murphy and Sam Jackson are hilarious. Them playing white people makes it even funnier.

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: SiL on Oct 30, 2007, 04:19:39 AM
Personally I could never think of any other way for it to get the process started, but that was part of what was great about it; you just didn't know.

Im sure though that ridley scott never intended vomit or any kind of goo going down the throat. i wonder what he thinks of this idea by the way. Or james cameron for that matter.

SM

SM

QuoteI vote tail stinger. 

If we did need to find out, I'd prefer that too.

Anomaly

Anomaly

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Oct 30, 2007, 04:09:11 AM
I proudly present...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y18/xenomorphine/AVPCanonGame.jpg

Pretty true. Theres too many povs.

First of all, If a director needs to go online for opinions hes already in trouble imo. Its up to the crew to know themselves.

genocyber

genocyber

Quote from: badass_badger on Oct 30, 2007, 04:28:09 AM
I present to you a sneak peak of the new alien reproduction cycle:

http://www.whorehole.org/posts/dogbarf/barf_flash.html
sums up this forum pretty good

TheAncientEnemy

Ridley Scott intentionally made his alien surreal and ambiguous. We don't know what it did when we weren't looking at it, and neither does Scott for that matter. Those of you who see Lambert's foot without a shoe and think bare skin must mean that she was LITERALLY raped don't have very good imaginations. What the hell happened? We'll never know. She was swinging off the ground and obviously died some savage death that we never see or really understand. That's what makes it SCARY.

Not until Aliens was any kind of real logic applied to the creature. Until then it was Scott's vision on the screen. Moisture on the eggs drips upward instead of down. You can explain that however you want with the fan fiction that is the Anchorpoint Essays (and don't tell me it's anything but fan fiction created in order to fill in the huge gaps and breaks in the films that the film makers themselves left) to but the fact of the matter is that IT SIMPLY LOOKED GREAT! Scott didn't sit down and invent some kind of device in the derelict that justified the upward-dripping liquid, he simply provided a wonderfully surreal, ALIEN looking image. In my opinion, his alien is the most ALIEN of any of the others in the sequels because he provides us with so much mystery.

I can't think of one Alien sequel that didn't break the ideas put on screen in the film before it.

However, I can't stress enough that I hate the new idea. Seeing movie monsters go through all kinds of dumb and extremely fast adaptation and evolution is the oldest, cheapest trick in the creature movie book and the fact that the majority of the people here are all about this new idea really makes me feel as though there is truly NO HOPE for the series to get back on track. The fan base ITSELF would rather ooh and ahh at whatever new alien incarnation we can throw on the screen than allow what was already established in the series take place with new interesting characters and a unique plot. Alien is becoming the same camp that most great horror franchises turn out to be. I wish that Alien wasn't turning into direct-to-Sci-Fi-Channel movies transformed into big screen films, but I guess that's how it has to be. It's just sad that the fans themselves are so eager to see it happen.

The fact that every intelligent post I have read here is surrounded by half a dozen posts repeating the same ideas and defenses that were revealed to not be feasible says a lot. I feel like we need a FAQ for this so people can read it and not feel compelled to post "But we have never seen a young queen before!" or "but we've never seen a predalien before!" on literally every page in this thread.

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

hisateru

hisateru

hi to veryone there who bitching about this new RC.... i dun c theres a problem with it. Stop telling it doesn't make sense.. cuz from the begining of the alien... it's already doesn't making any senses if you really 1 2 talk about making senses. The life cycle is a juz a fiction make-up... And u said the previous RC is the ultimate fixed final true method??!! where is the fact then? its juz becuz the precious film din show it doesn't mean it is not... does something hatch from egg and then f**k people's mouth another time then burst out from the host make senses 2 you?! Why dun it juz hatch from the eggs and and grown by itself? have you seen a chick hatch from egg, then go f**k people's mouth, burst out then only become a chicken?!!!

comeon guys... stop splitting in people's idea.... its a movie ok....!! if you 1 2 talk about senses... the hold alien thing is without sense.... juz enjoy the movie.. and appreciate people idea... if you dun like it so much... dun watch it... that the simplest way.. u think fox mind ur 30 bucks ticket money... and summore.... if you r so brilliant... why dun you go and direct the movie... dun juz shit at your and bombard people's idea on your desk.... or why dun you make a home made AVP for urself?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed