Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 199,054 times)

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 29, 2007, 12:19:58 AM
logical reason? i got one...Chet can't put an egg sac and sit lay eggs durring WW3

are you arguing that it still would be doing the vomiting even at the point where it could start growing the egg sac?

Otnip

Otnip

Gates, not everything is that simple. Racism, politics, prejudice...
"All things being equal, the simplest solution tends to be the right one."
Tends is the key word here.

I'm not going to argue with you all night, so please, if you think simple = right, state your simple theory on the matter and why this does not follow canon. I've been skimming through this thread, and I must have missed it.

Remember, a mind is like a parachute. If its not open, it doesn't work. (Frank Zappa quote, not me :) )

Major Alan Schaefer

no...just right now that's a logical reason and its to young to if its molting is what Colin said and a quote from another site

This new reproductive system is used when the queen is very young and cannot create an egg sack, it will create a few bodyguard drones while it grows up.

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: Otnip on Oct 29, 2007, 12:23:05 AM

I'm not going to argue with you all night, so please, if you think simple = right, state your simple theory on the matter and why this does not follow canon. I've been skimming through this thread, and I must have missed it.

Remember, a mind is like a parachute. If its not open, it doesn't work. (Frank Zappa quote, not me :) )

i think he only means simple as it relates to occam razor. In that case he is being logically sound and reasonable.

Space Disc Jockey

Space Disc Jockey

Once again, here is my explaination for this regurgitation method:

---------------------------------------------------------

To me, this regurgitation is just an alternative "face-hugger" and an interesting survival method. When the Queen is young and not ready to reproduce the masses of eggs through an egg-sac (and assuming there are no other Alien warriors around, at the time), the Queen will run around and quickly plant hosts with embryos that are probably in much more advanced stages, than face-hugger embryos, thus the embryos that are regurgitated will burst faster. The face-huggers have a slower process of "impregnating". but there will MORE of the face-huggers, when the eggs are layed, of course.

So, once the Queen has enough warriors to help construct a hive, she goes into hiding within the hive and matures, thus she becomes full-grown, produces an egg-sac and starts to produce the hundreds to thousands of eggs, which do the process at a slightly slower pace, but at a much grander scale.

Now, when the Queen is running around "regurgitating" the embryos, I think the process of the embryo being created inside of her will be faster than a facehugger, but the time in between the creation of the embryos will probably not be in a matter of minutes, but certainly not as long as human pregnancy, for example.

----------------------------------------

I also want to add that I don't think the PredAlien "vomits" (not like the Excorsist), but mainly passes the embryo (maybe, just like the face-hugger, or the chestburster might be more developed and we see the burster body go from one mouth to another).

Speaking of which, anyone recall the Alien 3 comic series, which showed the Queen chestburster climb out of Newt's mouth and climb into Ripley's mouth, after the crash?

On a related subject, there was a movie, which had these alien creatures control humans, by crawling down the human mouths...I can't remember the name of it. I think there was a sequel made. Anyone know what movies I'm talking about? The creatures could go from one host to another, by crawling out of the hosts mouths and go into another human mouth. The creatures were kind of like slugs, if I remember correctly.

Anomaly

Anomaly

Quote from: Space Disc Jockey on Oct 29, 2007, 12:34:56 AM

On a related subject, there was a movie, which had these alien creatures control humans, by crawling down the human mouths...I can't remember the name of it. I think there was a sequel made. Anyone know what movies I'm talking about? The creatures could go from one host to another, by crawling out of the hosts mouths and go into another human mouth. The creatures were kind of like slugs, if I remember correctly.

HELL NO

Night of the freaking creeps should NOT be compared to AVP LOL

persistentvision

Think it was called-"The Arrival"?

Major Alan Schaefer

First part of the arguement Space Disc Jokey...good work

Anomaly

Anomaly

How many crap movies stole this idea then? lol

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: Space Disc Jockey on Oct 29, 2007, 12:34:56 AM
Once again, here is my explaination for this regurgitation method:

---------------------------------------------------------

To me, this regurgitation is just an alternative "face-hugger" and an interesting survival method. When the Queen is young and not ready to reproduce the masses of eggs through an egg-sac (and assuming there are no other Alien warriors around, at the time), the Queen will run around and quickly plant hosts with embryos that are probably in much more advanced stages, than face-hugger embryos, thus the embryos that are regurgitated will burst faster. The face-huggers have a slower process of "impregnating". but there will MORE of the face-huggers, when the eggs are layed, of course.

So, once the Queen has enough warriors to help construct a hive, she goes into hiding within the hive and matures, thus she becomes full-grown, produces an egg-sac and starts to produce the hundreds to thousands of eggs, which do the process at a slightly slower pace, but at a much grander scale.

Now, when the Queen is running around "regurgitating" the embryos, I think the process of the embryo being created inside of her will be faster than a facehugger, but the time in between the creation of the embryos will probably not be in a matter of minutes, but certainly not as long as human pregnancy, for example.

----------------------------------------

I also want to add that I don't think the PredAlien "vomits" (not like the Excorsist), but mainly passes the embryo (maybe, just like the face-hugger, or the chestburster might be more developed and we see the burster body go from one mouth to another).

Speaking of which, anyone recall the Alien 3 comic series, which showed the Queen chestburster swim out of Newt's mouth and climb into Ripley's mouth, after the crash?

body snatchers? awful film. if that's what your referring to. or was it the more recent "dream catchers" with their "shit weasels".

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I think he refers to the Hidden.

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: Anomaly on Oct 29, 2007, 12:39:10 AM
well, a quote i love is..."Every horror movie since Alien has stollen somethig from it"

Otnip

Otnip

Quote from: ballzanya on Oct 29, 2007, 12:25:02 AM
Quote from: Otnip on Oct 29, 2007, 12:23:05 AM

i think he only means simple as it relates to occam razor. In that case he is being logically sound and reasonable.

"Occam's razor (sometimes spelled Ockham's razor) is a principle attributed to the 14th-century English logician and Franciscan friar William of Ockham. The principle states that the explanation of any phenomenon should make as few assumptions as possible, eliminating those that make no difference in the observable predictions of the explanatory hypothesis or theory. The principle is often expressed in Latin as the lex parsimoniae ("law of parsimony" or "law of succinctness"): "entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem", or "entities should not be multiplied beyond necessity".

This is often paraphrased as "All things being equal, the simplest solution tends to be the right one." In other words, when multiple competing theories are equal in other respects, the principle recommends selecting the theory that introduces the fewest assumptions and postulates the fewest entities. It is in this sense that Occam's razor is usually understood." Wikipedia.org

Alright, cool. However, we are dealing with ideas that are very alien to us. We are forced to make assumptions about canon and explanations to this series because nothing is in writing and there are multiple versions of it (directors cuts, assembly cuts, deleted scenes). Just because my theories are complex doesn't mean they're wrong, and so far you haven't been picking them apart.

They could be wrong, but show me your theory. My mind is open and my fingers are waiting.

Anomaly

Anomaly

Quote from: ballzanya on Oct 29, 2007, 12:39:45 AM

body snatchers? awful film. if that's what your referring to. or was it the more recent "dream catchers" with their "shit weasels".

This new AVP-R idea is in good company i see ;)

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 29, 2007, 12:40:32 AM
Quote from: Anomaly on Oct 29, 2007, 12:39:10 AM
well, a quote i love is..."Every horror movie since Alien has stollen somethig from it"

Yes and completely distorted and bastardized themselves. Dont put that on alien lol

Space Disc Jockey

Yeah, the movie is "The Hidden"

http://imdb.com/title/tt0093185/

I'm not saying the PredAlien should do EXACTLY what the aliens do in that film, but when I first heard of this method....I must say that movie reminded me of it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed