Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 199,124 times)

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 28, 2007, 12:19:05 AM
Laughable for you Sil if your too full of it to notice it could be scary
But I don't find Chet scary. How can I find the scene scary if I'm too busy laughing at her hideous design? If it looked more like an Alien and less like a second rate emaciated bobble-headed Predator, yeah, I'd think it could be scary.

But as it stands the PredAlien looks like ass and ADI has yet to make anything of theirs re the Alien movies, post Alien 3, look anywhere scary.

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: Anomaly on Oct 28, 2007, 12:20:30 AM

Yep I remember that and I cringed at that idea.
you cringed at an idea from Giger...there is hope for alien fans...but i think that would have been really creepy...

Sil sil sil...to full of it to give it a chance on screen then...

Aeus

Aeus

Quote from: SiL on Oct 28, 2007, 12:21:04 AM
Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 28, 2007, 12:19:05 AM
Laughable for you Sil if your too full of it to notice it could be scary
But I don't find Chet scary. How can I find the scene scary if I'm too busy laughing at her hideous design? If it looked more like an Alien and less like a second rate emaciated bobble-headed Predator, yeah, I'd think it could be scary.

But as it stands the PredAlien looks like ass and ADI has yet to make anything of theirs re the Alien movies, post Alien 3, look anywhere scary.

SiL, you're an Alien fan. Like the rest of us you spend most of these movies waiting for the creatures you love 'oh so much' to come on. You don't find them scarey.

Then general public find them scarey though, and will find that scene scarey.

The only thing that scares us fans are the 'jumpy bits', the creatures themselves are the jewels of the movies for us.

Anomaly

Anomaly

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 28, 2007, 12:22:29 AM
you cringed at an idea from Giger...there is hope for alien fans

Yeah I did... i got the Alien Collectors editions 1-3 and I've seen his ideas. The man needs to be filtered. Luckily on those films he was, by smart directors.

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: Anomaly on Oct 28, 2007, 12:25:15 AM
Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 28, 2007, 12:22:29 AM
Quote from: Anomaly on Oct 28, 2007, 12:20:30 AM

Yep I remember that and I cringed at that idea.
you cringed at an idea from Giger...there is hope for alien fans

Yeah I did... i got the Alien Collectors editions 1-3 and I've seen his ideas. The man needs to be filtered. Luckily on those films he was, by smart directors.
He's got a messed up mind lol...but a vaiuble one...i atually think that could have worked, been scary but that's jsut me

ridetofight

ridetofight

i read the first 18 pages of this, so forgive me if someone already said this - no one gives a crap. no one who makes movies gives a crap. cameron wanted to make his movie. he didn't care about what ridley's meant. if he did, there would have been no story. it was painfully obvious for everyone that fincher didn't care about what cameron had set up. alien 3 is almost my favorite of the series, but its skill and craftmanship from a movie-making perspective has been totally overshadowed by its direct 90 degree turn of story. i guess the point i'm trying to make is that no one cares about canon. every director wants to do their take, their movie. every writer writes their alien movie. this stuff is not as big to anyone, but us. and god knows even if we had the money and organization to get together and make our own alien movie, we'd never get it done because no one could agree on anything (it would just be sil and i ready to throw punches at everyone else because we "know" our ideas are the only ones that are right). i wouldn't wish it on anybody, let alone fellow fans of the franchise, to have to navigate this huge mess of continuity and rules and sub-rules for the alien character's behavior and life cycle. if we've re-instated the egg-morphing from alien, then should we also assume that cameron's albino mini aliens were just unseen in aliens and they still exist? where do we stop?

that said - the strause bros. are as close as we will ever get to having a fanboy alien/predator flick. no respectable, established director will ever make an alien movie again. period. its become a hackneyed, shitty mess. it's become b-movie - due in large part to anderson and whedon. i can't blame jean pierre for not knowing any better. so which would YOU rather have? someone who doesn't care at all, or someone who just doesn't care quite as much as you do? i'm quietly resigning myself to the fact that i will not like this movie. i won't. i HATE the predalien. the character, the execution - horrible, in my opinion. but when it comes down to it - these guys are our best bet, maybe our last chance. if they want to do something new - fine. every other director has done the same, by varying degrees. they've gone back and retrieved boatloads more for this movie than anyone else has cared to. out of love. for the movies and other fans like them. everything everyone's saying about this movie could be said for EVERY other alien movie.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Aeus on Oct 28, 2007, 12:24:30 AM
SiL, you're an Alien fan. Like the rest of us you spend most of these movies waiting for the creatures you love 'oh so much' to come on. You don't find them scarey.
I still get chills watching Alien and Aliens.

QuoteThen general public find them scarey though, and will find that scene scarey.
The primary audience is going to be late teens. They're not going to find it scary. They're going to laugh.

Anomaly

Anomaly

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 28, 2007, 12:26:12 AM

He's got a messed up mind lol...but a vaiuble one...i atually think that could have worked, been scary but that's jsut me

Had they not filtered him, lets just say they wouldnt be able to make toys of these creatures ;) LOL

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: Anomaly on Oct 28, 2007, 12:28:10 AM
Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 28, 2007, 12:26:12 AM

Had they not filtered him, lets just say they wouldnt be able to make toys of these creatures ;) LOL

i know that!!

Gates

Gates

On the contrary...they could have made toys, just of an adult fashion and battery powered... ;D

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: Gates on Oct 28, 2007, 12:33:07 AM

On the contrary...they could have made toys, just of an adult fashion and battery powered... ;D
YOU BEAT ME TO IT GATES!!!!  ;D

Gates

Gates

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 28, 2007, 12:34:01 AM

I'm in it to win it mudda fu<kers!  ;D

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: Gates on Oct 28, 2007, 12:36:45 AM
Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 28, 2007, 12:34:01 AM

I'm in it to win it mudda fu<kers!  ;D
Well you won...lets wait to be censored *tapes toes* wow...no censoring?

megachu17

megachu17

ooh, nice...this thread has 1172 replys(counting this 1)

Aeus

Aeus

Quote from: ridetofight on Oct 28, 2007, 12:26:28 AM
i read the first 18 pages of this, so forgive me if someone already said this - no one gives a crap. no one who makes movies gives a crap. cameron wanted to make his movie. he didn't care about what ridley's meant. if he did, there would have been no story. it was painfully obvious for everyone that fincher didn't care about what cameron had set up. alien 3 is almost my favorite of the series, but its skill and craftmanship from a movie-making perspective has been totally overshadowed by its direct 90 degree turn of story. i guess the point i'm trying to make is that no one cares about canon. every director wants to do their take, their movie. every writer writes their alien movie. this stuff is not as big to anyone, but us. and god knows even if we had the money and organization to get together and make our own alien movie, we'd never get it done because no one could agree on anything (it would just be sil and i ready to throw punches at everyone else because we "know" our ideas are the only ones that are right). i wouldn't wish it on anybody, let alone fellow fans of the franchise, to have to navigate this huge mess of continuity and rules and sub-rules for the alien character's behavior and life cycle. if we've re-instated the egg-morphing from alien, then should we also assume that cameron's albino mini aliens were just unseen in aliens and they still exist? where do we stop?

that said - the strause bros. are as close as we will ever get to having a fanboy alien/predator flick. no respectable, established director will ever make an alien movie again. period. its become a hackneyed, shitty mess. it's become b-movie - due in large part to anderson and whedon. i can't blame jean pierre for not knowing any better. so which would YOU rather have? someone who doesn't care at all, or someone who just doesn't care quite as much as you do? i'm quietly resigning myself to the fact that i will not like this movie. i won't. i HATE the predalien. the character, the execution - horrible, in my opinion. but when it comes down to it - these guys are our best bet, maybe our last chance. if they want to do something new - fine. every other director has done the same, by varying degrees. they've gone back and retrieved boatloads more for this movie than anyone else has cared to. out of love. for the movies and other fans like them. everything everyone's saying about this movie could be said for EVERY other alien movie.

Well said.

Quote from: SiL on Oct 28, 2007, 12:28:01 AM
Quote from: Aeus on Oct 28, 2007, 12:24:30 AM
I still get chills watching Alien and Aliens.

I found Alien scarey. f**king scarey. The rest, no way. I was waiting for the creature to come on screen.

That tingling feeling? Thats what I like to call a Nerdgasm. One feels such a feeling when they see something of great awesomeness in something they like alot.

For me, such a feeling occurs when you first see the Derelict. Gotta love that 'what the f**k' moment.

I highly doubt you are still scared by these creatures. After scrutinising ever scene and image of the Alien probably ever released, you are probably very accustomed to thier presence onscreen.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed