Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 199,124 times)

brad873

brad873

if it were to go up to its pray and implant an embrio like that, it puts itself at risk. also, if a queen is serounded with her eggs, an attack on her is much harder with all the facehuggers flying around

Quote from: ballzanya on Oct 27, 2007, 07:49:45 PM
The whole idea that all young queens go through this phase and can vomit embryos down someone's throat is just ridiculous. We're now apparently supposed to believe that in Alien Resurrection, when the queen was in captivity since being taken out of Ripley's clone, that they never observed its phases or scanned it internally to see if and when it was ready to reproduce.
  If they scanned it and saw chestburster embryos in its body, don' t you think they would have  sedated it somehow and extracted them to use, as opposed to letting the egg laying phase resume and have to go through all the trouble of illegally obtaining live human hosts to have facehuggers attach themselves to?

she was a freak of nature. she may have skiped that due to human dna

Major Alan Schaefer

Yea i'm sure in AR every doc was waiting to walk right in with big Queeny and give her a big scan down

DB

DB

Quote from: brad873 on Oct 27, 2007, 07:49:59 PM
if it were to go up to its pray and implant an embrio like that, it puts itself at risk.

Another Alien can just start molting in her place.

Quotealso, if a queen is serounded with her eggs, an attack on her is much harder with all the facehuggers flying around

She could just be surrounded by dozens of adults while in the field. Not to mention that she isn't attached to anything, she can flee if she wants.

The Chibi Kiriyama

Quote from: ballzanya on Oct 27, 2007, 07:49:45 PM
The whole idea that all young queens go through this phase and can vomit embryos down someone's throat is just ridiculous. We're now apparently supposed to believe that in Alien Resurrection, when the queen was in captivity since being taken out of Ripley's clone, that they never observed its phases or scanned it internally to see if and when it was ready to reproduce.
 If they scanned it and saw chestburster embryos in its body, don' t you think they would have  sedated it somehow and extracted them to use, as opposed to letting the egg laying phase resume and have to go through all the trouble of illegally obtaining live human hosts to have facehuggers attach themselves to?

This is the point that myself and others have brought up, with the only response being that Colin's a fan of Aliens and sees their life cycle as mysterious. :-\

Anomaly

Anomaly

Quote from: brad873 on Oct 27, 2007, 07:51:06 PM

And herein lies the danger of following up BS piles like A: Res...  now fans are using it to make explanations for this film? Its called the snowball effect. The next avp film should be called "Dumb and Dumber 3".

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 27, 2007, 07:51:35 PM
Yea i'm sure in AR every doc was waiting to walk right in with big Queeny and give her a big scan down

They knew when she started producing eggs, that obviously took some studying to find out. She was behind glass, Are you telling me they didn't have anything to scan her through that, to see any internal features?

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: ballzanya on Oct 27, 2007, 07:55:22 PM

They knew when she started producing eggs, that obviously took some studying to find out. She was behind glass, Are you telling me they didn't have anything to scan her through that, to see any internal features?

They knew she layed eggs from Ripley....
second didn't look like they did...and third even if they did and they did see it...they wouldn't know waht the heck it was without firther studying

brad873

brad873

Quote from: DB on Oct 27, 2007, 07:52:53 PM
Quote from: brad873 on Oct 27, 2007, 07:49:59 PM
if it were to go up to its pray and implant an embrio like that, it puts itself at risk.

Another Alien can just start molting in her place.

Quotealso, if a queen is serounded with her eggs, an attack on her is much harder with all the facehuggers flying around

She could just be surrounded by dozens of adults while in the field. Not to mention that she isn't attached to anything, she can flee if she wants.

1. even if an alien did moult in her place, im sure a queen wont let herself be killed.
2. and even if there are loads of drones, he extra facehuggers make the chances of her getting attacked even slimmer.
3. even though she can flee if she wants, what happens if there is a creture faster than her chasing her down

Jenga

Jenga

Anomaly QUOTE: "Make us proud in Hollywood ;D"

Anomaly: Thank you for the words of encouragement!!! I sure want to. I'm hoping to get a job at ADI within a year! Right now I'm toiling away at Lionsgate watching Saw movies fly by in a conveyor belt :(

DB: I LOVE your icon. Bravo Bravo!

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: Anomaly on Oct 27, 2007, 07:53:19 PM
Quote from: brad873 on Oct 27, 2007, 07:51:06 PM

And herein lies the danger of following up BS piles like A: Res...  now fans are using it to make explanations for this film? Its called the snowball effect. The next avp film should be called "Dumb and Dumber 3".

saying she was a freak of nature due to the human dna is bullshit. The only thing that the human dna crossover gave her was a secondary reproductive cycle. The first reproductive cycle and everything up to that point was normal. The only other slight difference, was in the aliens produced, they were a little more intelligent than usual. But if young queens have another phase, she would have had it. If she had skipped that one, why would it not skip the egg laying phase?

DB

DB

Quote from: brad873 on Oct 27, 2007, 07:58:12 PM1. even if an alien did moult in her place, im sure a queen wont let herself be killed.
2. and even if there are loads of drones, he extra facehuggers make the chances of her getting attacked even slimmer.
3. even though she can flee if she wants, what happens if there is a creture faster than her chasing her down

1. Aye. She can run. Because she's not attached to anywhere laying eggs. She can be mobile. She's a threat herself.
2. Like in Aliens?
3. She's less f**ked than if she were immobile and standing completely still.

Anomaly

Anomaly

Id bet against getting sound reasoning from such a goofball movie like A:Res... i was apalled by that one.

Its like looking for answers from a fortune cookie lol

brad873

brad873

we dont know how she was affected. and we dont know the innerds of queens full stop. for all we know ripply had the ability to vomit embrios (i dought it, its just and example)

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 27, 2007, 07:57:31 PM
Quote from: ballzanya on Oct 27, 2007, 07:55:22 PM

They knew she layed eggs from Ripley....
second didn't look like they did...and third even if they did and they did see it...they wouldn't know waht the heck it was without firther studying

They didn't learn about the eggs from Ripley. As if they read her memoirs. ::)
When Ripley's clone says its a queen, they respond by saying "how did you know that?" Implying they obviously already knew that, but didn't know how she could have retained any memories.

In fact the only reason they cloned ripley, was because they knew she had a queen inside her when she died. So they clearly knew all about the egg laying..etc.

Major Alan Schaefer

It might be part of the fact its a Predalien...the mandibles help grab the host

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed