What are you reading?

Started by Undeadite, Jul 16, 2008, 09:14:29 PM

Author
What are you reading? (Read 283,265 times)

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Back to military non fiction.

The 300, about US intercontinental missile defense.

One National Guard full time battalion and its command of 300 people protecting the entirety of the US against nuclear missile attack.  I wouldn't say its technical, its pretty easy to follow whats going on, but it is a little dry because the unit has obviously never been tested.  Still interesting though.  Before reading this I would've thought the US would have more such units. 

The unit finds the only vulnerable time in its flight path (the midcourse) and then launches kill vehicles at it to knock it off course/destroy. 

Huggs

Huggs

I Heard You Paint Houses

Shinawi

Shinawi

The Ends of the World: Volcanic Apocalypses, Lethal Oceans, and Our Quest to Understand Earth's Past Mass Extinctions (including asteroids)

Huggs

Huggs

The Road

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Tales of 1001 Nights Vol. 1 - Malcolm Lyons translation

Gentleman Death

Gentleman Death

Boy's Life by Robert McCamon

Just finished.... have you ever read a book, that you enjoyed, but felt like you should've liked it more? For me, this was one of those books!

I liked the characters, the atmosphere, the multiple stories going on throughout the town and the writing. I feel like I should've liked it more, though, and I'm not sure why..?

Maybe because I was coming off of 5 months of Alien novels and then whiplashed myself into a long book about a boy and his town...I don't know...nonetheless, a good read. I think I might revisit it in 10 years when I'm a little older ha.

Huggs

Huggs

No Country For Old Men

Stitch

Stitch

The Descent.

Not at all like the film. Trying to decide if I like it.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Just finished The Making of Aliens, onto Predator 2 novelization then, Hunters Planet and then I think I'll be revisiting Starship Troopers.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

On top of still reading the 1001 Nights, I'm now listening to the audio book of The Egyptian, by Mika Waltari.

Huggs

Huggs

Schindler's List

Ingwar

Ingwar

A dark fantasy The Poppy War by Rebecca F. Kuang. So far so good.

Stitch

Stitch

Finished Jaws 2 by Hank Searls in one sitting at work. It's not bad. Slightly odd in that it's a novelisation of the film, but has extra subplots, and appears to be set in the novel continuity, rather than the film.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Currently reading The Boys Omnibus Vol 1. Much different to the show, but still enjoying.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Still listening to The Egyptian. Sinuhe is the ultimate simp. In three days he trades away all of his property and all of his parents', including their tomb and embalming fee, just to bang a hot chick. :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed