What are you reading?

Started by Undeadite, Jul 16, 2008, 09:14:29 PM

Author
What are you reading? (Read 283,271 times)

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

I've got a bunch of Doctor Who and Clive Cussler books i really need to get back to reading lol

Huggs

Huggs

Dead Wake: The last crossing of The Lusitania

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I'm terrible about starting multiple books and finishing them way after I start them.  Starting them, putting them down, picking them up and reading huge chunks, then putting them down again.

I like military history about particular units, and military memoirs by individuals.

I also read my fair share of fantasy and scifi. 

The closest book to me right now that I've done this too is We Were Soldiers Once and Young.

I'm sure some of have seen the movie.

But thats one of about a dozen. 

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I just can't do that :laugh:

I have to read one book at a time, and that's it :P

LastSonofKrypton

LastSonofKrypton

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 09, 2019, 09:16:33 AM

Same.  And even if turns out to be a book I don't like, I have to finish it before I move on to the next

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 09, 2019, 09:16:33 AM

Same. I'm insanely picky about what I read, and I have to finish a book before I can move on.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I'm not sure where it started because I used to be the same way, I think it probably has to do with time. 

This is the first two day weekend I've had in about a month, so I just don't have time to read a book I don't like.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Over the past several years I've developed the habit of losing interest in books I'm enjoying and just leaving them unread. I'm trying to rectify that.

I'm still working on Corpus Chrome Inc. It has a much slower, deliberate rhythm to it than Zahler's western novels, but still very good. And Zahler must have been writing this around the same time as his script Breaking the Empire State, as the terrorist plot in that mirrors the Battle for the Empire State that's mentioned in the book.

Stitch

Stitch

Currently halfway through Stalker by Boris and Arkady Strugatsky.
It's pretty cool. Kinda retro futuristic as you'd expect from a 1972 novel.

Frosty Venom

Frosty Venom

Finished reading The Fisherman by John Langan a month or so ago. A wonderfully written modern lovecraftian tale centred around loss of loved ones and fishing.

First novel to actually creep me out in a while.

Space_Dementia

Space_Dementia

I'm just coming towards the end of Star Wars Aftermath: Empire's End, really enjoying it and plan on it being my first book review for my channel. I plan on reading more as its something I used to do a lot of when I was younger, my next book will be Dune and will hopefully finish it before the new film.

BlazinBlueReview

BlazinBlueReview

Aliens: The Essential Comics.

Trying to figure out what novel to read after in any of the Alien - Predator novels.

Have lot more of the comics to read as well. Predator Omnibus 1-4, AVP 1-2, Aliens Omnibus 2-6, Dead Orbit, Defiance, Fire and Stone, Life and Death, Hunter I and II

Space_Dementia

Space_Dementia

Quote from: BlazinBlue88 on Mar 11, 2019, 12:27:35 AM
Aliens: The Essential Comics.

Trying to figure out what novel to read after in any of the Alien - Predator novels.

Have lot more of the comics to read as well. Predator Omnibus 1-4, AVP 1-2, Aliens Omnibus 2-6, Dead Orbit, Defiance, Fire and Stone, Life and Death, Hunter I and II

Aliens: The Essential Comics is something I plan on purchasing very soon, looking forward to it. I do also plan on getting all the Alien and Predator novels, eventually.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I have all the old stuff.  It is stuff I collected when I was growing up, and I grew up when all the individual issues were being released.

On the present runs I wait for the tpbs, so I can buy them all at once, read them, then store them in the collection box. 

Missing the aliens series about the boy and his mom and an infestation, the Gibson Alien 3, and the Ripley and Zulu Hendricks comics. 

Space_Dementia

Space_Dementia

Quote from: Kimarhi on Mar 11, 2019, 12:52:36 AM
I have all the old stuff.  It is stuff I collected when I was growing up, and I grew up when all the individual issues were being released.

On the present runs I wait for the tpbs, so I can buy them all at once, read them, then store them in the collection box. 

Missing the aliens series about the boy and his mom and an infestation, the Gibson Alien 3, and the Ripley and Zulu Hendricks comics.

Its something I wish I'd done growing but never really got into reading comics until recently, I've got the Gibson Alien 3 on pre-order and plan on getting all the omnibus's.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed