What are you reading?

Started by Undeadite, Jul 16, 2008, 09:14:29 PM

Author
What are you reading? (Read 283,281 times)

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: First Blood on Feb 12, 2019, 04:21:11 PMIT

That will take you some time, I'd wager. A fascinating read, but massive and slow.

First Blood

First Blood

Yeah, about the 260 mark. And it's been slow going but I am giving the book complete attention. King is going into a wild amount of detail with this book.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: First Blood on Feb 12, 2019, 05:49:07 PMYeah, about the 260 mark. And it's been slow going but I am giving the book complete attention. King is going into a wild amount of detail with this book.

My favorite parts are Mike's interludes that delve into the history of Derry and IT's presence there.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Wraiths of the Broken Land by S. Craig Zahler

This book is f**ked up. In a good way.

Stitch

Stitch

I'm actually reading the novelisation of Devil May Cry 4. It was never released in English, so I'm reading a translation of it. There's a fair amount of Engrish in there. It's fairly amusing.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: KiramidHead on Feb 12, 2019, 08:46:57 PM

Amazing book. Will Scott ever direct it? I hope so!

SM

SM

Pol Pot - The History of a Nightmare by Philip Short

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Ingwar on Feb 12, 2019, 09:35:26 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Feb 12, 2019, 08:46:57 PM

Amazing book. Will Scott ever direct it? I hope so!

If Scott had trouble making Blood Meridian thanks to the violence, then this would have that problem magnified by ten. And I'm not really sold on Drew Goddard doing the script.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Have you read it?

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Nah, it's not out there.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: KiramidHead on Feb 13, 2019, 01:10:15 AM
If Scott had trouble making Blood Meridian thanks to the violence, then this would have that problem magnified by ten. And I'm not really sold on Drew Goddard doing the script.

Cormac's book is much more savage that Wraiths. It's literally hell on earth. If Tarantino could make Kill Bill then I don't see a problem about Scott adapting Zahler's novel. Drew Goddard did a great job with The Martian. I don't read scripts so what's wrong with his writing. You don't like it or maybe it's not suitable for Western?

Samhain13

Samhain13

Finished:

Alien: Cold Forge

The Predator: Hunters and Hunted

Now:

The Predator: Novelization

Predator: South China Sea

Ingwar

Ingwar

Started few days ago. Murakami is one of my favourite writers ever.

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Shasvre on Feb 12, 2019, 05:51:27 PM
Quote from: First Blood on Feb 12, 2019, 05:49:07 PMYeah, about the 260 mark. And it's been slow going but I am giving the book complete attention. King is going into a wild amount of detail with this book.

My favorite parts are Mike's interludes that delve into the history of Derry and IT's presence there.
How long ago did you read it?

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: First Blood on Feb 13, 2019, 05:21:13 PM
Quote from: Shasvre on Feb 12, 2019, 05:51:27 PM

How long ago did you read it?

I have been reading it on and off for the last couple of months. Been a few years since the last full readthrough though.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed