What are you reading?

Started by Undeadite, Jul 16, 2008, 09:14:29 PM

Author
What are you reading? (Read 283,277 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Finished Nineteen Eighty-Four recently, which was a pretty distressing read.

Now reading a book my dad recommended called King Solomon's Curse. To give you some idea of the genre - the heroes are adventurers called Wilde and Chase, they've previously discovered Atlantis and the Ark of the Covenant, and when Chase beat a man unconscious in a kitchen, he poured baked beans over him and said, "You've bean done, mate." It's exactly the kind of mad, dumb shit I needed after the bleakness of Orwell's classic :laugh:

Wweyland

Wweyland

Reading Aliens: Genocide. Daniel Grant is basically a future version of Donald Trump, along with the pussy and tit grabbing among the other obvious similarities.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I remember rather enjoying that novel. It was a nice character journey for Grant.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Yeah, I fully expected him to be just another evil corporate cliché when he was introduced, so I was pleasantly surprised when he came good.

Hudson

Hudson

Red Moon by Benjamin Percy. Excellent.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Wweyland on Dec 07, 2018, 11:16:31 AM
Reading Aliens: Genocide. Daniel Grant is basically a future version of Donald Trump, along with the pussy and tit grabbing among the other obvious similarities.
Except the part where he turns into a decent human by the end. :P

SM

SM

And somehow beats Henriksen, the one man killing machine in a fist fight.

No bone spurs on our Danny boy.

Shinawi

Shinawi

Quote from: SM on Dec 13, 2018, 06:03:30 AM
And somehow beats Henriksen, the one man killing machine in a fist fight.

No bone spurs on our Danny boy.
Like this?

Wweyland

Wweyland

Just finished the ADF Alien Novelization. Great reading, especially the opening about the dreamers with the ship waking up and the final conversation with Ash.

Huggs

Huggs

Titanic: A Survivor's Story - by Colonel Archibald Gracie

Featuring: The Sinking of the S.S. Titanic - by John B. Thayer

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Man Who Died, by D.H. Lawrence

The moral of the story is: give up your lofty aspirations and f**k a hot pagan chick. I think. :laugh:

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Finally started on The Revenant, having decided to read the book ahead of the film.

The bear attack sequence made for pretty grisly reading (no pun intended).

Wweyland

Wweyland

Reading Aliens by ADF. Compared to the elegance of Alien, it's really clunky. The added dialogue feels off and removing all profanities (including words like "bullshit")  doesn't help.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Yeah, that was a really odd call, and one that hurt the book a lot for me. It just made everything sound... so not like it was soldiers talking.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 24, 2018, 12:21:37 PM
Finally started on The Revenant, having decided to read the book ahead of the film.

The bear attack sequence made for pretty grisly reading (no pun intended).

On film the bear attack is a real kodiak moment... I'll see myself out. XD

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed