What are you reading?

Started by Undeadite, Jul 16, 2008, 09:14:29 PM

Author
What are you reading? (Read 283,288 times)

AccomplishedShoe12

AccomplishedShoe12

Quote from: Ingwar on Nov 22, 2023, 11:54:04 PMI'm reading ALIEN tabletop by Free League and listening to Isolation soundtrack. Any decent books from Alien universe? I've never read any.

A few years back I read Alien: Out of the Shadows by Tim Lebbon. I really liked it.
But I would recommend listening to the audiobook instead, I haven't yet myself but I plan to. They went the whole nine yards with the production. It's got a great cast including the women that plays Ripley who everyones says sounds just like Sigourney Weaver. Then its got a crazy soundtrack and effects that really immersive you into it.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Finally finished Carrion Comfort. It's not bad, but not my favorite Dan Simmons book. I went in expecting a horror story, and got a trashy thriller with Bond movie elements and a supernatural angle. I also reread Eaters of the Dead by Michael Crichton, a very solid read.

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

Really good so far! Giving 'The Sarah Connor Chronicles' a serious run for its money as the only acceptable T2 sequel. 😊

Ingwar

Ingwar

Fairy Tale (20220) by Stephen King

The Hunger of the Gods: Book Two of the Bloodsworn Saga (2022) by John Gwynne

and in the meantime ...

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I hear good things about the graphic novels.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Recently wrapped up Guard! Guards! by Terry Pratchett in audio book form, it's very funny, if a bit long for what it is.

And now I'm listening to Heat 2 by Michael Mann and Meg Gardiner. I'm not very far into it so far, but I'm very much enjoying it.

And in regular books I'm rereading The Black Dahlia by James Ellroy. It's a great little noir story, with some twisted shit going on.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on Dec 06, 2023, 05:52:40 PMhttps://i1.wp.com/www.theterminatorfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/T2-Infiltrator-Terminator-Novel-by-S-M-Stirling.jpg?w=1280&ssl=1
Really good so far! Giving 'The Sarah Connor Chronicles' a serious run for its money as the only acceptable T2 sequel. 😊
This one was great! You could say its the "true" T3. The two sequels for it were a letdown though.
Regardless, its the best Terminator book there is, but that's not saying much.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Dec 06, 2023, 10:44:22 PMI hear good things about the graphic novels.

As a witcher fan I can confirm.

LastSonofKrypton

LastSonofKrypton

Salems Lot - Stephen King

My annual reading once a year has come around again

Arguably King's best work. Certainly my favourite of his collection

Fragile Things - Neil Gaimen

His creativity knows no bounds

Wweyland

Wweyland

Getting to the final pages of Rift War! They are not out of the rift yet but there's not much of a war happening.

NecronomIV

NecronomIV

A bit of a drought this year, reading wise, but I am now reading two books.

Having just watched the profoundly bizarre Doctor Who serial known as The Web Planet, I'm reading the EU book Twilight of the Gods, written by Christopher Bulis, who was definitely one of the best writers for the range, and his particular strong point was nailing the characterisations. Enjoying it.

Also, a few years ago I picked up More Spike Milligan Letters, in a box of books from an auction.

He has a fantastic command of language and a palpable fury and sadness about the world and its problems that comes out alternately in biting wit or delightful lunacy.

I particularly enjoyed his description of "muzak" as "appalling musical dysentery".

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: NecronomIV on Dec 10, 2023, 04:14:05 AMA bit of a drought this year, reading wise, but I am now reading two books.

Having just watched the profoundly bizarre Doctor Who serial known as The Web Planet, I'm reading the EU book Twilight of the Gods, written by Christopher Bulis, who was definitely one of the best writers for the range, and his particular strong point was nailing the characterisations. Enjoying it.

Also, a few years ago I picked up More Spike Milligan Letters, in a box of books from an auction.

He has a fantastic command of language and a palpable fury and sadness about the world and its problems that comes out alternately in biting wit or delightful lunacy.

I particularly enjoyed his description of "muzak" as "appalling musical dysentery".

I loved the Zarbi as a kid! Would rewatch the Web Planet over and over on VHS :-D

Ingwar

Ingwar

Neuromancer by William Gibson.

I've read it around 20 years ago. Just started again and it's way better than I remember. Classic!

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

A little over half way through Heat 2, some thoughts:

-Hanna's prequel story is really good.

-The McCauley and crew prequel story is mostly good, but McCauley's characterization ain't it, chief.

-The sequel story with Shiherlis in South America is terminally uninteresting. What in Tom Clancy's ghost is this tech thriller crap? Is this what Blackhat is like?  :laugh:

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Currently 3/4 of the way through John W. Campbell Jr's 'Frozen Hell' (the expanded version of his "Who Goes There?"). After that I'll be reading the 'Short Things' anthology.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed