Prior to ALIENS, did the USCM encounter ALIENS before?

Started by Chris P, Jun 21, 2008, 10:56:52 PM

Author
Prior to ALIENS, did the USCM encounter ALIENS before? (Read 16,461 times)

Dr. Wren

Quote from: XenoVC on Jun 21, 2008, 10:59:31 PM
Eh,i'm guessing they probablly fought some other kind of bug-like species

I'd have to agree with you, that was always what I assumed, it's the only logical answer, they do sound like infestation control type.  Plus, I doubt that they encountered Xenomorphs prior simply because of the fact that they had no idea how to handel them, and were extremely shocked throughout the film.

maledoro

Quote from: gameoverman on Jun 29, 2008, 01:58:28 PM
Well obviously if you're going to make a movie about a bunch of soldiers killing space aliens you're going to go to the best sources.  Starship Troopers was an inspiration - and Cameron just threw in a few little cute references to it as well.
Of course, if the Marines weren't out "endangering species", there would have been no point in having it advertised on their dropship.

SM

It quite simple to reason out:

- Ripley submitted a report about the Alien.
- They lost contact with the colony.
- Every reason to believe the creature Ripley talked about was involved.
- Gorman is aware of this and tells Ripley they're trained to deal with such situations.

- Add to this the marines not giving a shit that Ripley once saw an Alien after they wake up; and then later don't give a shit during the briefing.

Not terribly difficult to come to the conclusion they've gone up against ET's before.  And on top of that there's not a mention that this is first contact.  Which one would assume to be a pretty big deal.

Private Hudson

300 surveyed worlds must have held somekind of organism, maybe hostile.

Chris P

Quote from: Private Hudson on Jul 01, 2008, 08:27:45 AM

Most likely.  More probably hostile. 

maledoro

Quote from: Private Hudson on Jul 01, 2008, 08:27:45 AM
But probably not as hostile as the ones at Hadley's Hope.

Private Hudson

By the way the marines were acting, I agree.

maledoro

Quote from: Private Hudson on Jul 01, 2008, 09:50:23 PM
By the way the marines were acting, I agree.
That's what's called in a trial, "Exhibit A".
;)

privatehudson1000

you know im really not sure i always felt they hadnt been after reading some books and rewatching the film i think its implied that they encounted primative alien lifeforms but nothing like the aliens

gameoverman

Quote from: SM on Jun 29, 2008, 11:41:27 PM
It quite simple to reason out:

- Ripley submitted a report about the Alien.
- They lost contact with the colony.
- Every reason to believe the creature Ripley talked about was involved.
- Gorman is aware of this and tells Ripley they're trained to deal with such situations.

- Add to this the marines not giving a shit that Ripley once saw an Alien after they wake up; and then later don't give a shit during the briefing.

Not terribly difficult to come to the conclusion they've gone up against ET's before.  And on top of that there's not a mention that this is first contact.  Which one would assume to be a pretty big deal.

God, this is the reverse of the whole alien stinger tail debate.  So, before you are claiming something exists that is not even canon?..

I'm not doubting they encountered aliens before, but "hostile aliens" is another matter matter entirely.

InFaHazel

InFaHazel

by the tone of Hudson's  voice (oh god a boring bug hunt) it was a less formidable bug they knew of.. and Ripley had to describe what she saw like it was brand new info.. or maybe they knew what it was from what she said... but it seems it was a new deal for that group anyway... remember the general was on his second combat drop so he and the others were ignorant to what they were up against .. but that doe's not mean that the higher ups did not have files or records or previous encounters they were keeping secret. and i would assume that W-Y had transmissions or even video sent from LV-426 at the colony of the aliens before everyone was killed off except newt... I always wonder about  the woman they find in aliens with the chest burster who asks them to "kill Me"  was she with newt up untill just before  they got to LV-426 ?

id like to read or see the story of the stand off the colonists made on LV-426 even though we know how it ends.. but not EXACTLy how it ends.. they do put up a fight with explosives at the least...

SM

QuoteI'm not doubting they encountered aliens before, but "hostile aliens" is another matter matter entirely.

So all the weapons they were packing was for show then.

Show me all plethora of film evidence for tail stingers again.   ::)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed