Alien: Resurrection
41 (3.6%)
Prometheus
8 (0.7%)
Alien: Covenant
7 (0.6%)

Total Members Voted: 1053

Author
Favourite Alien Movie? (Read 599,919 times)

Exiled

Exiled

good point :D

Harkus

Harkus

Quote from: crazy_dbl_88 on Sep 03, 2007, 03:06:46 PM
good point :D

Well morse was good to and he didn't die.

Porkus Maximus

Porkus Maximus

QuoteGlass is silicon, the same stuff supposedly found in the Alien.  I doubt acid would affect it much.

Ripley's blood had no problem eating through the window on the Betty and her blood is no where near as caustic as pure alien blood.

brad873

brad873

but the betty wasnt part of the station, and wasnt ment to hold aliens.

brad873

brad873

im afraid after waching them all i have to change my answer.

a:r
alien
alien 3
aliens

i didnt think much of aliens :-[

Chaotic-Strike

Chaotic-Strike

aliens
alien
alien3
ressurection

yea aliens was a bit better than alien imo though I still hold alien a awesome film. aliens isnt that hard to pass if an new alien movie came out it could easly pass it if someone puts in enough effort but who knows what could happen after all fox still regulates the series. if not alien 5 I would like a reboot because I feel the alien series could use a erase of events im looking at you ressurection and avp.

with scot ridley doing an entirely new reboot same creature same unknown backstory just different characters

Harkus

Harkus

Quote from: brad873 on Sep 03, 2007, 07:57:30 PM

alien
alien 3
aliens

I think your the first person I've ever seen that's rated A:R as the best.

Exiled

Exiled

Quote from: Harkus on Sep 04, 2007, 09:26:36 AM
Quote from: brad873 on Sep 03, 2007, 07:57:30 PM

alien
alien 3
aliens

I think your the first person I've ever seen that's rated A:R as the best.

ditto

Harkus

Harkus

brad873 do you mind elaborating on why you thought rez was the best?

brad873

brad873

i dont know, its just the color of it rhat i like, not to blue or dark, an i liiked that the aliens could learn faster. i didnt like the queen at all, she looked to human with the way she was sitting with her egg sack, should have been behinde her, not in front. aliens wasnt a bad film, but it was a bit lifesless for me, i know it was made a while ago, but there wernt anough aliens, and when riply held the queen over the hatch, it didnt move. its just one of those things you cant realy explain well.

automirage04

automirage04

Quote from: brad873 on Sep 04, 2007, 03:08:59 PM
i dont know, its just the color of it rhat i like, not to blue or dark, an i liiked that the aliens could learn faster. i didnt like the queen at all, she looked to human with the way she was sitting with her egg sack, should have been behinde her, not in front. aliens wasnt a bad film, but it was a bit lifesless for me, i know it was made a while ago, but there wernt anough aliens, and when riply held the queen over the hatch, it didnt move. its just one of those things you cant realy explain well.

I'll admit that the queen vs Ripley scene was the worst scene in that movie, but it still made more sense than ANY of the scenes in A:R

....and The Newborn was dumber any other movie monster ever conceived. And the queen giving live birth was probably the dumbest scene in movie history. And that includes any and all scenes in AVP.

Vemados

Vemados

Alien3
Alien
Aliens
Alien Resurrection

Alien3 I think had the best characters.  Dillon's character was the most in-depth character of the entire series, and we know that movies are only as good as the characters make them.

None of the movies could beat the original Alien for suspense.  The originals are always best because you're introducing the monster instead of just building on things we've seen already.

Aliens I've seen too many times... as one of the posters said near the beginning of the thread it's a rollercoaster ride of action, but absolutely no suspense.

Alien: Resurrection... God I don't like this movie.  I've only seen it all the way through 3 times: the first time I watched it, then I watched it again because I missed some stuff, and the third time because I got the Quadrilogy and wanted to see the Special Edition. After that I always just stop it at the "Viper Pit" scene when they take Ripley to the Queen.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: Porkus Maximus on Sep 03, 2007, 03:10:29 PM
QuoteGlass is silicon, the same stuff supposedly found in the Alien.  I doubt acid would affect it much.

Ripley's blood had no problem eating through the window on the Betty and her blood is no where near as caustic as pure alien blood.

You have to acid proof glass for it to be acid proof, but maybe the alien has the ability to do that, since acid proofing (if I remember right) is done through heat and some chemical reaction.  Its on teh interwebz.

Harkus

Harkus

Quote from: Vemados on Sep 05, 2007, 01:34:45 AM
Alien3
Alien
Aliens
Alien Resurrection

Alien3 I think had the best characters.  Dillon's character was the most in-depth character of the entire series, and we know that movies are only as good as the characters make them.

Yep Alien 3 did have the best characters

H.r.giger fan

H.r.giger fan

QuoteI liked the dark, eerie beauty of the movie. The bleak hopelessness that underlies the notion that nothing is certain and that one shouldn't expect a "Hollywood ending".

Aliens has been called a "roller coaster ride of a movie". In a way, the third movie was as well, but instead of rising into the air, the "ride" takes you underground, where one can almost see the "dark Satanic Mills" that Blake had written about.

Sure, one sees what one searches for, but there was a greater opportunity in Alien³ for one to find all kinds of metaphor, as it didn't rely on convention as Aliens had. There were all kinds of symbolism to be found in Alien³, especially Gnostic and alchemical. If there is any religious symbolism to be found, it's not the kind taught in Sunday School in little black books and pastel-colored paperbacks. It is more likely to be found in the writings of Böhme and the paintings of Bosch.

Thank you

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed