Alien: Resurrection
41 (3.6%)
Prometheus
8 (0.7%)
Alien: Covenant
7 (0.6%)

Total Members Voted: 1053

Author
Favourite Alien Movie? (Read 599,842 times)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jun 19, 2022, 10:27:22 PMThe only real choices are either Alien or Aliens.  Any other answer is just blatant self-deception.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Please shut up.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Hey, it's not my fault that the quality of the series dropped so sharply after 1986. Blame Fox for that.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

You really make me wish the ignore feature was worth a damn.

Stop replying to me, leave me the f**k alone from now on.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 19, 2023, 10:20:17 PMHey, it's not my fault that the quality of the series dropped so sharply after 1986. Blame Fox for that.
Has setting a release date before having a story set in place ever worked out?

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: SiL on Aug 20, 2023, 06:25:43 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 19, 2023, 10:20:17 PMHey, it's not my fault that the quality of the series dropped so sharply after 1986. Blame Fox for that.

Is it actually common or was Alien 3 uniquely doomed by that curse?

SiL

SiL

It's one of those "If I had a penny every time it happened I'd have very few pennies, but it's weird it happened that often" situations.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

On the other hand, it seems like AR had its story nailed down from the outset and yet it actually made me appreciate Alien 3.

Wweyland

Wweyland

I feel like Alien: Resurrection needs a revisit and adjustment to "current bad movie inflation".

Slutty Badger

Slutty Badger

Aliens is my choice in the poll, but ranking it above Alien is tough since I think both films are really two halves of one story.

Anything after that is pretty much bonus content, though I also like all of the subsequent films - to varying degrees and for different reasons, of course: Alien 3 for its industrial bleakness, which just follows on perfectly from the first two films and for that ending; Resurrection for its total goofiness and weirdness; and the two prequel films for introducing everyone's favourite amoral android!

So to me, there's no bad Alien film. Just films that aren't as great as the first two.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Slutty Badger on Aug 21, 2023, 02:35:37 PMAliens is my choice in the poll, but ranking it above Alien is tough since I think both films are really two halves of one story.

Anything after that is pretty much bonus content,

ralfy

ralfy

To recap, they have different genres, so it's not logical to compare them with each other: horror for the first based on the slow reveal of a creature, action for the second because the creature was already fully revealed (and have more than one alien), a procedural for the third (which was also supposed to finish Ripley's story), and political thriller for the fourth (with different types of creatures and human groups involved).

Slutty Badger

Slutty Badger

Quote from: ralfy on Aug 25, 2023, 05:23:28 AMTo recap, they have different genres, so it's not logical to compare them with each other: horror for the first based on the slow reveal of a creature, action for the second because the creature was already fully revealed (and have more than one alien), a procedural for the third (which was also supposed to finish Ripley's story), and political thriller for the fourth (with different types of creatures and human groups involved).

That made me laugh! Thanks.

ralfy

ralfy

Quote from: Slutty Badger on Aug 26, 2023, 07:59:53 AM
Quote from: ralfy on Aug 25, 2023, 05:23:28 AMTo recap, they have different genres, so it's not logical to compare them with each other: horror for the first based on the slow reveal of a creature, action for the second because the creature was already fully revealed (and have more than one alien), a procedural for the third (which was also supposed to finish Ripley's story), and political thriller for the fourth (with different types of creatures and human groups involved).

That made me laugh! Thanks.

Ignorance is bliss.

Eal

Eal

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 20, 2023, 06:39:54 AM
Quote from: SiL on Aug 20, 2023, 06:25:43 AM

Is it actually common or was Alien 3 uniquely doomed by that curse?

Probably cause the writing process for Alien 3 went something like this:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed