Alien: Resurrection
41 (3.6%)
Prometheus
8 (0.7%)
Alien: Covenant
7 (0.6%)

Total Members Voted: 1053

Author
Favourite Alien Movie? (Read 602,287 times)

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

AR's the easiest to watch honestly.

The first three, maybe apart from Alien, require a specific mood from me.

Jason Todd Voorhees

Jason Todd Voorhees

Aliens
Alien 2
Alien: Resurrection
Alien 3

I have not seen Prometheus and Alien: Convenant whatsoever yet! But so far this is my list and when I watch them I will give an opinion.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

I somewhat have that mood thing for Alien and Alien 3. Not for Aliens, oddly enough.

Kradan

Kradan

I absolutely need to be in the right mood to watch Resurrection

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

I don't like Alien Resurrection so I never watch it. However, I will watch the special features like the making of, etc.  I've always been interested in how movies are made so I'd rather watch the special features than the film itself.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Rez is aggressively stupid, kind of on purpose, and I get why that's not for everyone - but it oozes atmosphere and looks like a million bucks on a good screen. The Auriga itself is worth watching it for, honestly, just make sure to always watch the Theatrical cut.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

It also always had interesting ideas (thanks Joss) drowned in the middle of numerous stupid ideas (thanks Joss).

The stupid ones tend to overshadow the good ones. The scene where Ripley discover and destroy her clones is emotionally strong and vicious at the same time, for example.

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jul 08, 2022, 01:20:52 PMRez is aggressively stupid, kind of on purpose, and I get why that's not for everyone - but it oozes atmosphere and looks like a million bucks on a good screen. The Auriga itself is worth watching it for, honestly, just make sure to always watch the Theatrical cut.

I've never been a fan of the sets of Alien Resurrection.  I never liked the look of them or the look of the film in general.  However, if I'm going to say anything positive about the film, instead of being negative towards it like I normally would lol, I would say I like the miniature effects.  I love miniature and practical effects and I have to admit Alien Resurrection does have a few good miniature effects and somewhere on YouTube there are a couple of short videos on them.

Master Chief

Master Chief

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Jul 08, 2022, 09:39:48 AMAR's the easiest to watch honestly.

The first three, maybe apart from Alien, require a specific mood from me.
AR is a hard one for me to watch (because of feels)...I don't like what happened to my Queen.  The one I'll never watch again is Covenant and my favorite is Alien.

I agree that the first 3 are mood specific.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jul 08, 2022, 01:23:54 PMIt also always had interesting ideas (thanks Joss) drowned in the middle of numerous stupid ideas (thanks Joss).

The stupid ones tend to overshadow the good ones. The scene where Ripley discover and destroy her clones is emotionally strong and vicious at the same time, for example.

And then it's undercut with "Must be a chicks' thing". Thanks Joss

Cocolyte

Cocolyte

I'm not saying Aliens is a bad movie. It's just really.... bleh. It feels like it was made in a factory. It's very technically well-made, but beyond that I don't see much of artistic merit. It's a 7/10 or a low 8/10 depending on tastes.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Kradan on Jul 08, 2022, 02:30:33 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jul 08, 2022, 01:23:54 PMIt also always had interesting ideas (thanks Joss) drowned in the middle of numerous stupid ideas (thanks Joss).

Hahaha I forgot about that.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Kradan on Jul 08, 2022, 02:30:33 PM

Urgh. Such a bad moment, ruining such a fantastic moment. Resurrection just doesn't hit the mark that often with the humour. The only one that ever sticks out at me as working is "I died." But honestly, I'd still rather read Resurrection than watch it. I think Whedeon and JPJ is just too much.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

God, I hated that scene.  Everything from Johner's dumb surfer-bro delivery ("Wow, man.  So, like, what did you do?") to Ripley's big grin just rubbed me wrong.  The movie is absolutely littered with shit like that.

Kradan

Kradan

I honestly love when Johner shoots that spider lol

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed