Recent posts

General Discussion / Re: Science News and Breakthro...
Last post by Shinawi - Today at 11:27:25 AM
General Film/TV Discussion / Re: All Star Wars
Last post by BlueMarsalis79 - Today at 11:21:08 AM
Like... yawn.
Alien: Romulus / Re: Fede Alvarez working on ne...
Last post by Nightmare Asylum - Today at 10:57:48 AM
Quote from: cucuchu on Today at 10:40:55 AMThe one part he will be ignoring or at least 'fixing' is the origin of the Xeno. Per his interview, he stated that the xenomorph is a result of millions of years of evolution and he wants to restore mystery to it. So he might be playing off the idea that David simply stole the concept from the engineers, basically just recreating the Xeno best he could.

We know David is losing his mind in Covenant, given he couldn't accurately recall who wrote Ozmandias when prompted by Walter. Given that and his god-complex instilled within him being modeled after Weyland, it's easy to see how he would assume the Xeno creation as his own, when all he was really doing was frankensteining together ingredients to mimic a species that was perfected millenniums ago. That is the direction I can almost guarantee Noah takes with his series.

That's the impression I was under when Hawley first started making his comments about what isn't "useful" to him from the prequels, but recently we've also been hearing the name "Weyland-Yutani" thrown around a lot, which wouldn't gel with the show's supposed pre-Prometheus setting, either (unless it simply starts at that point in time and then jumps forward a few years, perhaps?).
Last post by cucuchu - Today at 10:40:55 AM
The one part he will be ignoring or at least 'fixing' is the origin of the Xeno. Per his interview, he stated that the xenomorph is a result of millions of years of evolution and he wants to restore mystery to it. So he might be playing off the idea that David simply stole the concept from the engineers, basically just recreating the Xeno best he could.

We know David is losing his mind in Covenant, given he couldn't accurately recall who wrote Ozmandias when prompted by Walter. Given that and his god-complex instilled within him being modeled after Weyland, it's easy to see how he would assume the Xeno creation as his own, when all he was really doing was frankensteining together ingredients to mimic a species that was perfected millenniums ago. That is the direction I can almost guarantee Noah takes with his series.
General Discussion / Re: Pics of yourself
Last post by LastSonofKrypton - Today at 10:05:52 AM
Quote from: GrimmVision on Apr 29, 2024, 11:05:53 PMPosted a couple pics several years back, but here's an updated one. Not much has changed except now I have a mustache 8)

And I am wearing pants (not featured). "Wanna get me some clothes? Or should I just go like this?"

MANtastic
Last post by SM - Today at 09:47:23 AM
Spoiler
He acted like nearly every other clone with a chip in his head.
[close]
Last post by BigDaddyJohn - Today at 09:26:21 AM
I don't see Hawley truly ignoring anything to be honest.
Alien: Romulus / Re: Alien: Romulus Catch-All T...
Last post by BigDaddyJohn - Today at 09:25:34 AM
And it doesn't look exactly like in Covenant.
Last post by BlueMarsalis79 - Today at 09:25:09 AM
More likely because he did not sound or act anything like the character before getting offed?
Alien Films / Re: Alien 3/Resurrection "plot...
Last post by BigDaddyJohn - Today at 09:23:00 AM
Yeah funny how the alien kept contemplating his work on Perez, not giving two shits about the dude close to him  :laugh:
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed