Say something you LIKE about AVPR - Aliens vs Predator: Requiem.

Started by Voodoo Magic, Dec 09, 2018, 05:55:36 PM

Author
Say something you LIKE about AVPR - Aliens vs Predator: Requiem. (Read 104,460 times)

SM

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on May 24, 2021, 07:34:22 PM
I actually agree  :laugh: I mean, I like that design, especially the chestburster. Sure there are better alternatives, but it wasn't as bad as the warriors. 😆👀🤘

True.  It was much worse.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: SM on May 25, 2021, 12:55:27 AM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on May 24, 2021, 07:34:22 PM
I actually agree  :laugh: I mean, I like that design, especially the chestburster. Sure there are better alternatives, but it wasn't as bad as the warriors. 😆👀🤘

True.  It was much worse.

How could the design have been improved?

SM

Ditch the pecs.
If they must keep the dreads, sweep them out the back to either make it look like an Alien head, or crown (don't just have them hanging loose).
Make the mouth more like a normal Alien, but then have the mandibles flare open when it attacks or screams - as it is the mandibles looked tacked on.
Proper dorsal spines - and have four.  If it's meant to be a nascent Queen, make them spikes like other Queens.

None of that will fix the acting choices though...

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: SM on May 25, 2021, 01:32:38 AM
Ditch the pecs.

I actually agree with that.  8)

If they must keep the dreads, sweep them out the back to either make it look like an Alien head, or crown (don't just have them hanging loose).

Kinda like...

Make the mouth more like a normal Alien, but then have the mandibles flare open when it attacks or screams - as it is the mandibles looked tacked on.
Proper dorsal spines - and have four.  If it's meant to be a nascent Queen, make them spikes like other Queens.

Oh I never read any of these arguments  :o Makes sense given that she is supposed to be a queen 🤔

Definitely  :laugh:

SM

I had a proper listen to the soundtrack and there's some good stuff - though I'd hesitate to call any of it original.  Track 10 (Kelly Returns Home) doesn't immediately remind me of anything, but everything else has it's roots in Aliens, Alien 3 and to a lesser extent, Resurrection.  There's probably about half a dozen tracks that directly lift bits from Horner's work on Aliens.

Not a great deal of Predator influence although the title track is essentially Predator meets Mars - Bringer of War. 

SiL

The music that plays when Dallas and Morales get the call to visit the power plant is adapted from the music plays during Billy's last stand

Immortan Jonesy

I don't remember anything about the music. Maybe I'll watch the movie one of these days.

Lost_Hunter

Those are some good ideas Jonesy about the dreads, sweep em back. They needed another pass on the design for sure. Chet was the only creature I liked visually in the film. How bout the lawsuit, we heating up, who's got the popcorn? Who's talking bets?

Samhain13

The music is alright.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on May 25, 2021, 02:36:49 AM
Ditch the pecs.

Kinda like...

https://i.ibb.co/K52ffKW/10200123-removebg-preview-1.png

https://i.ibb.co/yXGNhVp/10200123a4-m-removebg-preview.png

Oh I never read any of these arguments  :o Makes sense given that she is supposed to be a queen 🤔

SiL is a design I have a lot of time for but her dreads don't belong on a capital A Alien of any flavour.

SiL

I'm SiL sir, she's Sil.

Immortan Jonesy

:laugh:

Quote from: [cancerblack] on May 26, 2021, 08:56:20 PM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on May 25, 2021, 02:36:49 AM
Ditch the pecs.

Kinda like...

https://i.ibb.co/K52ffKW/10200123-removebg-preview-1.png

https://i.ibb.co/yXGNhVp/10200123a4-m-removebg-preview.png

SiL is a design I have a lot of time for but her dreads don't belong on a capital A Alien of any flavour.

Actually, I find your dreadlocks free design to be superior to the Requiem Predalien. 🖤 8)

[cancerblack]

Quote from: SiL on May 26, 2021, 09:04:20 PM
I'm SiL sir, she's Sil.

Was it not spelled that with the capital L in the film? I could have sworn it was like that on the successful egg sample.

Voodoo Magic

BishopWantsIt

I like that it is set on Earth and several civilians are killed. I think that's all I liked.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed