Recent posts

Alien 5 / Re: Alien V - Facts and Rumors...
Last post by Nightmare Asylum - Today at 12:17:29 AM
Quote from: xShadowFoxX on Today at 12:13:03 AMIn favor of Ridley's direction, correct?

Yep, for a while the plan was to do Covenant and then this, but Fox got cold feet and didn't want to commit to multiple projects simultaneously, and they put their money on Covenant due to Scott being the "father" of the franchise and already being committed to this particular branch of the franchise via Prometheus.

Then a few months after Covenant's release, Disney was buying out Fox, and the rest was history.

I'm a bit hazy on the dates, but I'm pretty sure Noah Hawley's show was also pitched during, roughly, this same era, and Fox passed on that as well. It was only under Disney-owned 20th Century Studios (via FX/Hulu) that life sprung back into that one.
Last post by xShadowFoxX - Today at 12:13:03 AM
In favor of Ridley's direction, correct?
Last post by skhellter - Today at 12:10:54 AM
according to Mike, both Ridley and Jimbo were supportive.

and then Fox pulled the plug
Last post by Nightmare Asylum - Today at 12:08:21 AM
Oh, Mike, not asking you to spill the beans if you can't/don't want to share but, do you know what this film was going to be called?
Last post by SM - Today at 12:06:03 AM
Haven't watched the video yet but does it mention that Blomkamp wanted complete control over the writing and Fox was like 'yeah, nah'?
Last post by Nightmare Asylum - Today at 12:02:46 AM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Yesterday at 11:46:15 PMI'd almost bet that the Ripley queen suit and the four armed bigchap tie into some nonsense about the queen itself being a mecha suit for Aliens.

If we're gonna get an Alien in a mech suit, then I guess we just gotta get an Alien in a Space Jockey suit a la Prometheus to pilot a human flesh-grown Derelict/Juggernaut instead!

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Today at 12:01:45 AMNot that it's very key, but I wonder if Jimbo knew all the details.

Seems to have, yeah. We know he talked about/supported the project, which Mike also mentions here in the video.
Last post by xShadowFoxX - Today at 12:02:36 AM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Today at 12:01:45 AMNot that it's very key, but I wonder if Jimbo knew all the details.

Also....the Queen suit seems >...

:o it's not like the bar is very high though :-X🙏

I was under the impression that James Cameron read the script, didn't he?
Last post by Immortan Jonesy - Today at 12:01:45 AM
Not that it's very key, but I wonder if Jimbo knew all the details.

Also....the Queen suit seems >...

Maybe it would be interesting with Giger body horror stuff and enough biomechanical aesthetics :o it's not like the bar is very high in comparison to The Predator though

:-X🙏
Last post by Local Trouble - Today at 12:01:38 AM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Yesterday at 11:55:38 PM
Quote from: SiL on Yesterday at 11:54:12 PMI'd read it as a novel or comic.

Aye, same.

Preferably with real art, if they go the comic route.

Sal Larroca then?
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed