Fox Talks Prometheus Sequel

Started by ikarop, Aug 01, 2012, 04:01:38 PM

Author
Fox Talks Prometheus Sequel (Read 89,770 times)

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Aug 01, 2012, 06:12:43 PM
Quote from: ShadowPred on Aug 01, 2012, 06:06:46 PM
Deacon vs Goro-Predator!

No! Good God, no!

-Rakai'Thwei

LOL, god, I hope not.

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Aug 01, 2012, 06:13:23 PM
Quote from: ShadowPred on Aug 01, 2012, 06:10:43 PM
Give it another 30 years, then we'll find out.

Does the Deacon wear a Ripley suit? :o

I'm no Seer!

acrediblesource

brother, i'm sorry to correct your grammer but its
'farther from Alien than Prometheus was'.
Thats elementary school for you.

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Aug 01, 2012, 06:09:49 PM
Quote from: RakaiThwei on Aug 01, 2012, 05:55:46 PM
Just please, no Xenomorphs. I mean the way the Deacon was kind of shoved in seemed almost ham-fisted in a way.

Ridley has said that a sequel would move even farther away from Alien that Prometheus was, so I wouldn't go in expecting literal Aliens. Of course, things can change from now to the film's release.

I would love to see more of the Deacon, however. I want to get to know just what the thing is.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: acrediblesource on Aug 01, 2012, 06:15:06 PM

Sorry for the typo, man. My finger must have slipped on the keyboard.

And I'm sorry to correct your spelling, but its actually 'grammar', not 'grammer'. Oh, and 'I'm' should be capitalized and there is an apostrophe in 'that's'. Learned that in elementary school :)

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Lulz

acrediblesource

I don't believe that Noomi  and fassbender had already signed. I think thats BS. Plus wouldnt they have that in their WIKI page? if this is late breaking news, then we will see by end of day today.
  That type of deal usually follows an extraordinary for-sight based on world wide earnings for Prometheus and sequal announcements. Plus thats the assumption that the sequel is a continuation of the last film and not a story in itself which i am personally more interested in.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: acrediblesource on Aug 01, 2012, 06:21:31 PM
I don't believe that Noomi  and fassbender had already signed. I think thats BS. Plus wouldnt they have that in their WIKI page? if this is late breaking news, then we will see by end of day today.
  That type of deal usually follows an extraordinary for-sight based on world wide earnings for Prometheus and sequal announcements. Plus thats the assumption that the sequel is a continuation of the last film and not a story in itself which i am personally more interested in.

Why would they have that on their wiki page? They don't edit it themselves.

acrediblesource

hrmm...shizzle my dizzle wizzle!   ;)

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Aug 01, 2012, 06:19:19 PM
Quote from: acrediblesource on Aug 01, 2012, 06:15:06 PM

Sorry for the typo, man. My finger must have slipped on the keyboard.

And I'm sorry to correct your spelling, but its actually 'grammar', not 'grammer'. Oh, and 'I'm' should be capitalized and there is an apostrophe in 'that's'. Learned that in elementary school :)

Nightmare Asylum

Not necessarily. Marvel Studios, for example, is well known for signing cast members to multiple film contracts, just in case a sequel opportunity pops up. Fox could have done the same thing with them because they knew that they were going to survive the movie.

acrediblesource

maybe not their own wiki page but the films wiki page. I forget how news get verified there but its usually source credited.

Quote from: ShadowPred on Aug 01, 2012, 06:23:06 PM

Why would they have that on their wiki page? They don't edit it themselves.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

It's standard practice in Hollywood to sign actors on to multi-film deals, even if no sequels are planned. Just in case, y'know.

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

What if its a prequel to Prometheus?  A Prequel to the Prequel of Alien. but called a Sequel.
A Sequel to the prequel thats is actual a Prequel to the Prequel.

Or maybe it could be a sequel but have a mini prequel inside it.

Face Jockey

Face Jockey

Excellent news! I hope Spaihts at least can be involved even if Lindelof can't.

Highland

Highland

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Aug 01, 2012, 06:28:41 PM
It's standard practice in Hollywood to sign actors on to multi-film deals, even if no sequels are planned. Just in case, y'know.

Yup. It was announced before the film came out if I remember and discussed on here. Something about David being able to play "alternate" versions of himself or something along those lines.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Niiiiice.

Dont rush it, Ridley.... get this shit right.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Highland on Aug 01, 2012, 06:43:23 PM
Quote from: SpaceMarines on Aug 01, 2012, 06:28:41 PM

Yup. It was announced before the film came out if I remember and discussed on here. Something about David being able to play "alternate" versions of himself or something along those lines.

I would still love to see that happen. Maybe this David interacting with a new, fresh off the assembly line David 8 that's on board whatever the new ship in the film is.

Quote from: Blacklabel on Aug 01, 2012, 06:44:50 PM
Niiiiice.

Dont rush it, Ridley.... get this shit right.

Depending on how much of his original two-part Alien Prequel script he used in Prometheus, he may still have a lot of stuff to pull from.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed