Scene cut from The Predator due to sex offender casting

Started by Ramjet311, Sep 06, 2018, 12:08:15 PM

Author
Scene cut from The Predator due to sex offender casting (Read 32,197 times)

hfeldhaus

Yeah she has been with the cast for the majority of the interviews. I can see why they don't want to keep talking about it but imo you suck it up. Especially these days.

Hollywood

Yeah they have to suck it up. It's just an odd thing to promote a movie while simultaneously speaking out against the director, but it can only get worse if they flat out abandon her.

azamultic

azamultic

Quote from: Hollywood on Sep 09, 2018, 02:28:44 PM
Quote from: azamultic on Sep 09, 2018, 01:36:53 PM
Oh really? What did she say about Bryan?

I couldn't find anything with her talking about him although she does praise him in an interview with fellow castmates. Probably before the rumors surfaced though.

Sterling tweeted support to her (how come whenever I post tweets they dont show up correctly?):

https://twitter.com/SterlingKBrown/status/1038679549058342912?s=20

Ohh no, rumors and allegations were surfacing in 1996 and 2014 way before the X men Apocalyps where she was staring. So I am sure it's not like she didn't hear about this rumors  :)

Also Sterling got under the heat too, now people attacking him   :-\

funk_master_chunk

If Black has known the full ins-and-outs of what this guy has done then it's disgusting of him to hire someone like that, not to put too fine a point on it.

But, playing Devil's advocate, it sounds like he's strung him along and most likely downplayed it. "I didn't know she was a kid" etc.

Though, the fact that he's hired him 3/4 times is a little concerning.

What I will say is, if he was privvy to all of this and knew the full details then f**k him. f**k him, this film and his career. As this type of stiff is just not on.

And I say that as someone who loves Shane Black.

MudButt

It's a tough situation everyone's in but more for Olivia Munn. You can say the cast didn't ask for this type of heat while promoting a film they all worked hard on, but that 14 year old girl didn't ask to be lured into that creep's trap either. Olivia did the right thing, I don't 100% like that she is kind of calling out her castmates because they didn't do anything (as far as we know) against her. There are contracts in play and signed agreements for what they are required to do in regard to promoting this movie and for most of this cast this is a big deal to be in a high profile film like this, but they should support Olivia for doing what was right. Right now this movie is getting publicity because of this scandal unfortunately but it had to be said.

It's obvious now that Shane Black and Olivia Munn are not speaking, she is hurt that he didn't give her a personal apology which he should have regardless of how much he knew about his friends situation or not. I thought what Sterling K Brown said was pretty good, he does seem to be getting attacked for his comments though. It sucks because when the cast was at Comic-Con and on Conan you could tell they all really got along and seeing it now you can tell everyone is very nervous on these interviews.

Ultramorph

I still find it shocking Black didn't get this guy beyond taking his word.

Johnny Handsome

I don't feel sorry for Munn at all, that's the way she wanted it, she wanted the attention.

She found out mid August, got the scene cut... why not go public then? Or better yet, after the movie? Nope, two days before the premiere in toronto, and that was calculated by herself. There was absolutely no rational reason why she would do it now, when the movie comes out. The scene is out, for over a month now, there is nothing harmful about this movie anymore, the guy is not in there, no power given to him anymore... why not speak out later? Or earlier?

That's what i call a-grade sabotage, she wanted to hurt the movie, and most of all, the director, and thats a really cheap payback.

I just feel sorry for everyone involved getting into the trasher as well, working 15 hour days on this in rainy vancouver and getting bad press for not shitting on this movie and their careers by openly trashing the director. They are promoting a movie, not a campaign, and what she calls a coward i call a professional.

Let me be clear, what Munn did was right, i would feel somewhat uncomfortable with the scene knowing what the guy did, but i don't agree in the slightest with the way she is doing it on the back of a lot of people who didn't know the situation and probably losing a lot of money now.

This is not about her "protecting our children", nope, not in the slightest, this is about her having to work with this guy.

Surely, the 14 year old, who's long grown up now, feels a lot better that her case got public ...

Everybody is losing. My two cents.

brokentusk420

The man's actions are horrible and disgusting. That being said everyone need to get over themselves and take a chill pill especially Munn. The man plead guilty,  served his time and was not in breach of any California laws.  He is still able to make a living and it doesn't have to be disclosed to the other members of the cast because it's bone of their business.  It's doesn't involve them,  and as long as he's not acting sleezy or scummy to the on set, there is no problem. For those of you who want to say that he lured the 14yr old, you are wrong. None of you were there and are just speculating. For all we know she was equally involved and had full understanding of what she was doing. Anyone outside her head simply doesn't know and is projecting their subjective narrative in the situation, including Munn.   

Wrong

This is the first time have posted on this page.
I regularly read and seriously appreciate it.
Yet find the disturbing reasoning some of you have is vile.
She was right.
This film is cursed for some reason📡
This film is ☠️

azamultic

I personally very conflicted, I like Shane a lot, but feel very strange about him putting this guy in his movies, not a wise move. This guy of course is strange and sick guy, and not supporting him sexually harassing or hitting on 14 years old. But I also conflicted by Munn, I mean I like her, and I think she probably did a right thing, but I do thing that going public not a nice thing neither, a lot of her costars getting under heat, and they not connected to that situation at all. And I also think that Munn being a hypocrite by being nice and working together with Bryan Singer who already was accused of child molesting for years.  ???

BigDaddyJohn

I have the feeing this tread's gonna be locked soon... :laugh:

MudButt

Quote from: azamultic on Sep 10, 2018, 06:04:44 PM
I personally very conflicted, I like Shane a lot, but feel very strange about him putting this guy in his movies, not a wise move. This guy of course is strange and sick guy, and not supporting him sexually harassing or hitting on 14 years old. But I also conflicted by Munn, I mean I like her, and I think she probably did a right thing, but I do thing that going public not a nice thing neither, a lot of her costars getting under heat, and they not connected to that situation at all. And I also think that Munn being a hypocrite by being nice and working together with Bryan Singer who already was accused of child molesting for years.  ???

Great point. Hadn't even crossed my mind.

Samhain13

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Sep 10, 2018, 05:34:11 PM
I don't feel sorry for Munn at all, that's the way she wanted it, she wanted the attention.

She found out mid August, got the scene cut... why not go public then? Or better yet, after the movie? Nope, two days before the premiere in toronto, and that was calculated by herself. There was absolutely no rational reason why she would do it now, when the movie comes out. The scene is out, for over a month now, there is nothing harmful about this movie anymore, the guy is not in there, no power given to him anymore... why not speak out later? Or earlier?

That's what i call a-grade sabotage, she wanted to hurt the movie, and most of all, the director, and thats a really cheap payback.

I just feel sorry for everyone involved getting into the trasher as well, working 15 hour days on this in rainy vancouver and getting bad press for not shitting on this movie and their careers by openly trashing the director. They are promoting a movie, not a campaign, and what she calls a coward i call a professional.

Let me be clear, what Munn did was right, i would feel somewhat uncomfortable with the scene knowing what the guy did, but i don't agree in the slightest with the way she is doing it on the back of a lot of people who didn't know the situation and probably losing a lot of money now.

This is not about her "protecting our children", nope, not in the slightest, this is about her having to work with this guy.

Surely, the 14 year old, who's long grown up now, feels a lot better that her case got public ...

Everybody is losing. My two cents.

So I wasn't the only one that got that impression.

Quote from: azamultic on Sep 10, 2018, 06:04:44 PM
And I also think that Munn being a hypocrite by being nice and working together with Bryan Singer who already was accused of child molesting for years.  ???

Hmmm

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Sep 10, 2018, 06:07:52 PM
I have the feeing this tread's gonna be locked soon... :laugh:

Maybe its for the best, I knew things would eventually get more controversial when it started turning into a Shane vs Munn thing. Things on this movie are already controversial and bad as they are. Keep going on this matter while the scene and guy were already removed will just take out focus on the actual movie and make fans argue among themselves.

Gazz

There's no scenario in which Munn comes out of this looking a villain in thisand any attempts to paint her as such are made by people who are part of the problem.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed