Dead Space

Started by fluxcap, Oct 10, 2007, 02:43:40 AM

Author
Dead Space (Read 92,036 times)

Stitch

Stitch

Looks amazing. I'm even tempted by the Limited Run Special Edition.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Oh... no Navid Negahban  :'(

Wweyland

Wweyland

Looks like it's on Steam, so probably a re-play is in order.

Cosmic Incubation

Cosmic Incubation

Just beat the original for the first time last night on my twitch!

I had played through half of it when it first came out, but got too stressed to finish lol.
With the remake coming out, I wanted to finally finish it.

Just a straight up awesome scifi/horror experience!

Gonna probably move on to 2 next.

DarthJoker45

DarthJoker45

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Launch trailer:

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Isaac isn't stuck on the Ishimura with Necromorphs.  The Necromorphs are stuck on the Ishimura with Isaac. 

HuDaFuK

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jan 12, 2023, 05:29:18 AMIsaac isn't stuck on the Ishimura with Necromorphs.  The Necromorphs are stuck on the Ishimura with Isaac. 
Yes, sadly the game is scary for the first 20-30-60 min. Then is just a corridor shooter like CoD lol. This is the most visible in the 3rd one, where its literally run n gun. If you remember the crafting system was so broken, that even on the hardest diff you were able to make one hit kill weapons lol

(none of this is making the game bad tho)

Elliott

Elliott

My heart has sunk with the realization that the Ishimura is an open world environment that is fully explorable... but that means the regenerators from the original can also follow him across the entire map.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I prefer level or hub based experiences over open world so I am curious what this will be like in direct comparison.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: WinterActual on Jan 14, 2023, 07:29:04 PM
Quote from: Kimarhi on Jan 12, 2023, 05:29:18 AMIsaac isn't stuck on the Ishimura with Necromorphs.  The Necromorphs are stuck on the Ishimura with Isaac. 
Yes, sadly the game is scary for the first 20-30-60 min. Then is just a corridor shooter like CoD lol. This is the most visible in the 3rd one, where its literally run n gun. If you remember the crafting system was so broken, that even on the hardest diff you were able to make one hit kill weapons lol

(none of this is making the game bad tho)

I thought DS was creepier for a longer time than most games, but it was only about an hour.  Part of the reason I have never cared for the gameplay of Isolation.  I liked the world building and the look of the game, but to me, it was NEVER scary at all.  So I actually prefer games where there is an action element to it to help carry it when the scares (and I've never played a horror game where it doesn't happen) wear off.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed