New Prometheus featurette : Origins

Started by Darkoo, May 09, 2012, 11:02:09 AM

Author
New Prometheus featurette : Origins (Read 44,695 times)

mastermoon

Thats a cool TV Spot, the extra dialogue from Vickers was interesting.

Salt The Fries

Quote from: Eva on May 09, 2012, 10:41:30 PM
Nice to catch the HD version just before bedtime  :)

A couple of (new) details
- that medpod is now smeared in blood stains on the inside - was it like this in previous clips?
- Janek is the one who gets to torch someone on the floor
- the jockey holograms seem to play out at various locations throughout the ship/temple - not just the control room

...and I'm mystified by LarsVaders pic of the jockey in the chair. In the new origins featurette, the hose between the helmet and the ribcage is shorter than it is in Vaders screenshot - it doesn't connect to the opening ribcage. But in the screenshot above it does... What kind of black magic is this...?  :D

Post-production placeholder magic, I'll tell ya ;)

Quote from: mastermoon on May 09, 2012, 10:44:08 PM
Thats a cool TV Spot, the extra dialogue from Vickers was interesting.

It is best to avoid those now, though. Come on, it's really not that far away - I mean for me 2 months and 10 days, but for the rest of you it's almost around the corner, especially for the UK folks.

Eva

Eva

Quote from: Salt The Fries on May 09, 2012, 10:45:07 PM

Oh, I get what the filmmakers/effects people did in post. What I don't get, is where LarsVader lifted that particular and very high-res shot? It's can't be from the featurette, unless Vader himself added the hose extension  ;)

cossack0909

Spoil me , spoil me more! It will not dampen my interest, it will empower it!

MrSpaceJockey

Quote from: Eva on May 09, 2012, 11:01:40 PM
Quote from: Salt The Fries on May 09, 2012, 10:45:07 PM

Oh, I get what the filmmakers/effects people did in post. What I don't get, is where LarsVader lifted that particular and very high-res shot? It's can't be from the featurette, unless Vader himself added the hose extension  ;)

Not to mention an additional tube by the shoulder/neck.  That's new.

LarsVader

...and I'm mystified by LarsVaders pic of the jockey in the chair. In the new origins featurette, the hose between the helmet and the ribcage is shorter than it is in Vaders screenshot - it doesn't connect to the opening ribcage. But in the screenshot above it does... What kind of black magic is this...?  :D
In the first few frames it does connect.
And just before the ripcage opens half of it disconnects and retracts downwards.

But you cought me, I combined two frames  so there is no "ring" in front of the jockey.  :P

Eva

Eva

Quote from: LarsVader on May 10, 2012, 12:24:38 AM
In the first few frames it does connect.
And just before the ripcage opens half of it disconnects and retracts downwards.

But you cought me, I combined two frames  so there is no "ring" in front of the jockey.  :P
Thanx - you are right, indeed it does connect in the first few frames - I just didn't catch it.  ;)
Now there's also a smaller tube attached to the back of the helmet that retracts into the chair. Besides, the chair controls facing the helmet are now illuminated.

ThisBethesdaSea

Anyone know if the origins video is on YouTube or anywhere else?

Cvalda

Cvalda

*Sigh* And there goes Logan Marshall-Green, tainting every shot he's featured in with his douchebag characterization and unconvincing delivery.  >:(

It'll certainly be interesting to see how many of the trailer shots we've come to know so well will be completely overhauled by the time the film reaches cinemas.

OpenMaw

Quote from: Cvalda on May 10, 2012, 03:28:24 AM
*Sigh* And there goes Logan Marshall-Green, tainting every shot he's featured in with his douchebag characterization and unconvincing delivery.  >:(

On the bright side, he's being tortured by alien parasites and stuff, no?  ;D

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: OpenMaw on May 10, 2012, 03:54:56 AM
On the bright side, he's being tortured by alien parasites and stuff, no?  ;D
Not enough, OpenMaw--not enough.

First Blood

Miss Cvalda, is there an agenda that your not telling us about?

whiterabbit

I don't know, that Green guy seems more in character in the featurette and less douchy. Especially when he's on his back.  Hey it's an improvement.  :laugh:

Cvalda

Cvalda

"They're not if ya keep it scientific!"

It is as though Damon Lindelof transferred himself into the body of an American Apparel male model.
I'm afraid this annoying prick is going to drag the entire film down around him in every scene he's in.

ThisBethesdaSea

You better not see it then..... ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed