NECA AvP Predators

Started by Sabres21768, Aug 06, 2012, 12:59:38 AM

Author
NECA AvP Predators (Read 85,401 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Xenomrph on Apr 13, 2016, 08:09:06 PM
Is the half torso armor screen-accurate? I honestly never paid that much attention to the Ancient Predator's armor (since he's got like 4 seconds of screen time) and it's been forever since I watched the movie.

I do believe so.

QuoteSpeaking of screen accuracy, I kinda wish the Grid Alien was missing the tip of his tail. Not that it would be difficult to do on my own with a pair of scissors, of course. :P

I'm sure I saw NECA tweeted that they'd do a tail-less version of Grid for a 2 pack but I'm not 100% sure.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: The Shuriken on Apr 14, 2016, 12:35:44 AM
Also, Randy has said they're considering re-releasing the Lost Tribe Predators with the new City and Jungle Hunter ultimate bodies.

https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/720403144874729472

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 14, 2016, 07:52:43 AM
I'm sure I saw NECA tweeted that they'd do a tail-less version of Grid for a 2 pack but I'm not 100% sure.

Oh god f**king damnit, I hate it when NECA pulls this shit. I really wish they'd release the "good" versions the first time around, rather than milking fans/suckers on the initial releases and then doing revised/improved versions down the line and asking collectors to potentially re-buy over half their Predator collection.

I don't mind re-buying the occasional NECA re-release like their "ultimate" T-1000 because it's a drastic improvement and comes with a huge number of customization options and accessories, or their "revised" versions of old McFarlane figures like the AvP line because they're huge improvements in every regard and it's been nearly 15 years since the McF stuff came out. But the Lost Predators aren't even 5 years old yet.

slaysaliens

slaysaliens

Xenomorph, I understand that frustration. But, I lost that frustration when I realized 2 things:

1. For every one of us that have been collecting and have the first release, there's someone who is just getting started and get to buy these for the right price without feeding the scalpers.

2.  Chest articulation is gonna be a hard sell without the AVP armor to hide it....at lease for me.

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Didn't seem to hurt Kratos...

Master

Master

It's abit irritating yes, but it working business wise. I'm going to buy Ultimate versions of P1 and P2. Still we can expect re-editions with even better base models in future when our figures are damaged.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It can only be expected as technology and methods improve. People would only be complaining about the shit old ones otherwise.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

I missed all of the lost tribe predators except for Gort and Stalker so I am more than open to Neca re-releasing them with better bodies.

Gridseeker

Gridseeker

Perhaps it´s a cheap way to get more money from avid collectors but for me that´s some great news; two years ago I have to sell my entire collection but currently I recover them except for the scout predator and jeez the prices has rocketed to Alpha Centaur, so for me it´s sweet news  :) Finally I could get back the scout predator figure.

FriendlyPiranha

FriendlyPiranha

Quote from: Gridseeker on Apr 16, 2016, 06:36:50 AM
Perhaps it´s a cheap way to get more money from avid collectors but for me that´s some great news; two years ago I have to sell my entire collection but currently I recover them except for the scout predator and jeez the prices has rocketed to Alpha Centaur, so for me it´s sweet news  :) Finally I could get back the scout predator figure.
I feel the same way. I will finally get Scout and Snake I missed the first time around, perhaps a few doubles if they're really improved.

Gridseeker

Gridseeker

I hope they would be in scale with the old molds. I´m not in the mood to get the entire tribe again.

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

The only one I would buy with a new updated body is the battle armor lost Predator.

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

1st releases should hold most of their value. Only people looking to buy the new ones to open will affect the value, as many of us have unopened collections. The prices should reflect the rarity of the figure. So while Lost, Scout and Warrior may be the most expensive of the LT Preds (original releases), the prices should come down a little bit as new versions will flood the market and people will be trying to sell the old ones.

Corporal Hicks

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

I'm confused as to why ToyArk posted that. It's all just the same images as before. Those images have been around since December when the line was fully revealed.

TITANOSAUR

TITANOSAUR

I too cannot wait for the new Ultimate predator line, I for one missed out on the lost preds, Jungle  HUnter, City Hunter, (just started with the AvP Pred line honstely, I got a celtic which I costomized, gonna get another to have the normal and scar, had chopper but mine had issues so I used him to customize my celtic and am gonna get another chopper, now I want to repaint him...)

(for those interested in seeing my custom Celtic fallow the links...

http://sta.sh/28z54ju7ax9

http://sta.sh/01pkia3xju76

http://sta.sh/221sn4zvv2du

Tell me whatcha think!)

Although seeing them now I may get these ancient preds they look awesome and the far left has the open right palm I need!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed