Iconic Music

Started by War Wager, Apr 02, 2007, 09:17:50 PM

Author
Iconic Music (Read 2,229 times)

War Wager

War Wager

You know the music played in Alien when Ripley is against the wall and there s a white light flashing? The same music is played in Aliens when Ripley and Newt are being chased by the Queen as they go up the in the lift. To me when I heard that piece of music I thought "Alien". Sadly the music never apperared in Alien3 or Alien Resurrection which I think it should have.  :(

Vader the White

Vader the White

What do you exepct from Horner? He copies himself a million times so I wouldn't put it pass him to take a previous movie score and say it's his own.

(Yes, I know a lot about movie scores. JOHN WILLIAMS RULES!!!!)

SM

SM

Horner didn't copy Goldsmith.  Cameron just used that cue from Alien for that bit.

Just like Scott used a bunch of Goldsmith's stuff from Freud for Alien.  Much to Goldsmith's annoyance.

Personally I liked Frizzell using the two-note motif from Alien a couple of times in Resurrection.

Vader the White

Vader the White

Sorry. I just know that Horner copies his stuff a million times. I just automatically assume that he ripped it off. I didn't even think of Alien and how Scott didn't use most of the orignal Jerry score.

SM

SM

To be fair to Horner with Aliens, Cameron rooted him around and he had next to no time to turn out a soundtrack.  Horner said afterwards he wouldn't work with Cameron again.  It wasn't until Horner got wind of Titanic and heard that Cameron was after a Celtic/ Enya-esque score that he decided he wanted to work with Cameron again.

Vader the White

Vader the White

Quote from: SM on Apr 03, 2007, 12:43:20 AM
To be fair to Horner with Aliens, Cameron rooted him around and he had next to no time to turn out a soundtrack.  Horner said afterwards he wouldn't work with Cameron again.  It wasn't until Horner got wind of Titanic and heard that Cameron was after a Celtic/ Enya-esque score that he decided he wanted to work with Cameron again.
Actually, Cameron asked Horner to do Titanic because he loved the score for Braveheart, which sounds very simular, so it was good the Cameron loved the BH score.

SM

SM

Well that's not the story I heard, but it worked out best for both I suppose.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed