How do you feel about the xenomorph building structures like in Alien labyrinth?

Started by Thatguy2068, Apr 23, 2024, 06:51:55 AM

Author
How do you feel about the xenomorph building structures like in Alien labyrinth? (Read 352 times)

Thatguy2068

I was thinking about this recently, and I think it would be cool to ask. How do you feel about the xenomorph building structures like in Alien labyrinth comic? With that infamous scene in with the hive. I think it Would make the aliens more smarter and terrifying as a species, but that's just me.

SiL

I love it. I don't think it has anything to do with intelligence so much as how long the hive actually has to develop and whether there's an existing structure to just build into.

I'd love to see a story with an old, established hive in a movie.

Thatguy2068

Me too, dude. I would love to see it The full screen

oduodu

would love to see that. how old would that hive be? decades?

Spoiler
off topic

and that s what i don t understand: clearly the op establishes something that most people who knows the franchise and all the eu stuff will absolutely love yet no one at fox says: let s at the very least  investigate some of these "loved" lore examples and keep those in  a jar somewhere to add a new movie. or is prey an example of this happening? or is romulus now doing this?

[close]

Local Trouble

It's been a while since I read that series.  What did they build in it?

SiL

Different rooms and chambers for different purposes.
Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 23, 2024, 07:24:26 AMIt's been a while since I read that series.  What did they build in it?

Local Trouble

I vividly remember that the stench of the hive was an incomprehensibly loathsome miasma that raped one's soul through the lungs.

SiL

Neila

Labyrinth is one of my favorite comics and the novel that goes with it is also really rough.

yes, it would be quite interesting to see a nest that exists a little longer and continues to develop, so to speak.
But it really shouldn't go too far.
So no alien post office or anything like that...

"You can send your eggs here.
Address: understood, Sulaco intermediate floor, no problem...

sorry for the old story :)

Kimarhi

I think it could fit in easily with the established mythos.  It always reminded me of some species of wasp that when they start their paper nest late, it looks like a wasp nest, but when they actually finish it, it looks more like a hornets nest (though these particular wasp aren't the hornets you are thinking about).

Huntsman

I think it should be centred around hives first and foremost, creating areas where victims are stored. I'd prefer the Aliens to be like bees who are creatures focused on what they do, which is serve their Queen and simply do what they do to multiply their species. They're smart but instinctual, not going into the territory of human-like structures or wanting any form of comfort for leisure.

Thatguy2068

I get where you're going at, but personally I wouldn't go that route. I would prefer that if they made it even if they're not near eradication just to make them more weird and alien.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed