Predator Blu-Ray

Started by jimmyboy, Sep 23, 2007, 06:33:22 PM

Author
Predator Blu-Ray (Read 11,750 times)

Cellien

Cellien

Haha, I actually loved Best Buy until Frys moved into Texas.  The stores are amazing. O_o  They have the coolest computer components section.  They have motherboard combo deals cheaper than Newegg.  To be honest, I haven't bought anything from Best Buy in ages.  For the most part, the prices are the highest out of the major retailers (Circuit City, Frys, etc) it seems.  Don't mean to rag on your store tho.  That free r/c tank deal almost got me to buy something! :)

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

I've worked for BBY for 2 years, and I want to leave, but that discount... Mmmm... So good!
I do get 10 bucks off Blu-Rays. I want to wait for the double pack to come out in the U.S...
But I don't really want to wait.
But boy... Am I sick of retail...
I just checked the pricing online... $20.99
I am going in tomorrow to buy some stuff... Gonna get my employee price on it... Maybe it's only 10 bucks!

Cellien

Cellien

YES, the employee discount is awesome on some things there.  Had a friend that worked there years ago.  My brother, his friend, and I all bought stereos through my friend that worked there for nearly half off.   ;D

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

I just couldn't wait anymore goddamn  :P

I just bought myself a Blu-Ray player from Samsung with "Iam Legend" and "Indy 4"
included.

Awesome, now i see what my Full HD beamer can do.

I wont sell my DVDs though or stop watching them, neither do i buy the movies i have on DVD on Blu-Ray now but i have to say its quite an experience if you watch movies with the right equipment in HD.

I wanted to wait first but lets face it, buying DVDs from now on is just pointless, because later on you wish you bought the movies on Blu-Ray in the first place. But maybe thats just me though.

Cellien

Cellien

It's not just you. :)

I got the bug in 06 with HD-DVD.  I went from rarely ever buying DVDs to now actually buying all my favorite films in HD.  I only recently started my collection (which can be seen here http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=10365.120).  Most of the standard DVDs I own were gifts.  HD-DVD and Blu-Ray actually got me wanting to start a collection because the quality is about as good as it can get.  (We've already seen the limitations of older movies like Predator making the leap to high-def.)  It's as good as it's going to get with current filming tech, so I feel like it's actually worth buying...at least until stereoscopic TVs and 3D films become mainstream!

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

Picked this up today...
It looks better yes, very grainy too. But even blurry and too contrasted out during certain points. Stuff I never noticed on the regular DVD. I am a little disappointed with it, but not entirely. It looks better, and sounds great on my system.

Cellien

Cellien

I think the biggest plus is that it is the best version we'll probably ever get.  The only way it could get better is if they did a frame-by-frame restore, which I highly doubt when they can make the same money by just re-releasing with a new cover.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed