Predators screencaps

Started by creature creator, Oct 13, 2010, 04:06:07 PM

Author
Predators screencaps (Read 36,966 times)

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

Here, I tried to take.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

F**king awesome red eye visors.

Vecrotus

Vecrotus

How about a sreenshot of when Falconer Predator is following Royce an the group and he looks at the ground for tracks. No screencaps of the vision just of Falconer Predator jumping and looking around.

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

The moment

Vecrotus

Vecrotus

Quote from: PHANTOM on Oct 26, 2010, 07:38:24 PM
The moment Falconer jumps it looks quite clear when he lands and looks down it's a tad bit dark, but here you go....

That's exactly why I wanted you to post and thanks for posting because I wanted to point out the darkness issue with this film. Yes I know its not that dark when compared to AVPR but it is nowhere as clear and as crisp an image as it was in all the trailers unless you got a Blu-ray player. Darkness was right after all, this film wa dark.

Could perhaps post some images of the Hanzo vs Falconer fight please?

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

As much as I hate to admit it, the movie is slighty dark, but of course like you said it's not as dark as AVP-R which is great. Because if it was, I would trash this movie in a second. Even the darkest scenes in Predators you can still see whats going on and enjoy it.

Which leaves me to believe maybe it's Dan Zimmerman. He was the only one HACK from AVP-R who came back to edit Predators. Whats the deal with all darkness, is this like a new thing for the Alien and Predator franchise at Fox, make the final print darker?

Why? I don't get it. if you notice the DVD or blu-ray, when you skip to a chapter you see a snap shot of how the movie was really intended to look like and it's much brighter and richer in visuals.

Look, all in all, it's really nothing to worry about, it still looks good. But once again, some of the nightime visual impact was choked needlessly, just not as bad.

So I'd say we got lucky.

Vecrotus

Vecrotus

I'm surprised that Robert Rodriguez actually even chose Dan Zimmerman to do editing for this film, despite his saying that they intended this film to ignore the AVP films. I'm more surprised that they chose the same editor, well-known for editing one the worst Predator films, which drew so much criticism for its editing and poor-lighting instead of going for the highlights of the previous films, such as the company who did teh special effects for AVP and Ian Whyte who played the previous Predator brillantly. Still I think the blame for the darkness issue comes down to the cinmatographer.

Quote from: PHANTOM on Oct 26, 2010, 09:07:11 PM
As much as I hate to admit it, the movie is slighty dark, but of course like you said it's not as dark as AVP-R which is great. Because if it was, I would trash this movie in a second. Even the darkest scenes in Predators you can still see whats going on and enjoy it.

Which leaves me to believe maybe it's Dan Zimmerman. He was the only one HACK from AVP-R who came back to edit Predators. Whats the deal with all darkness, is this like a new thing for the Alien and Predator franchise at Fox, make the final print darker?

Why? I don't get it. if you notice the DVD or blu-ray, when you skip to a chapter you see a snap shot of how the movie was really intended to look like and it's much brighter and richer in visuals.

Look, all in all, it's really nothing to worry about, it still looks good. But once again, some of the nightime visual impact was choked needlessly, just not as bad.

So I'd say we got lucky.

And your right. Compare this (from the sneak peak):

To this (from the dvd):

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

Yeah I know lol,

Vecrotus

Vecrotus

Quote from: PHANTOM on Oct 27, 2010, 12:39:12 PM

If this was AVP-R it would look more like this lol :D

Lol. So true. Do you mind posting some screenscaps of the Predator vs Super Predator fight?

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

Yaay.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Im tellingz u
if u cutz mah head, u find candiez

O RLY?!

Yeah.

ZAC!

No candies in there...

NO CANDEEZ IN THAAAARRRRR!!!1

:D daily nonsense. Thanks for the caps!

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

Tehehe.

echobbase79

echobbase79

Quote from: Vecrotus on Oct 27, 2010, 02:15:32 PM
Quote from: PHANTOM on Oct 27, 2010, 12:39:12 PM

If this was AVP-R it would look more like this lol :D

Lol. So true. Do you mind posting some screenscaps of the Predator vs Super Predator fight?

It will always remain a mystery to me why that film turned out so dark on dvd. The theater version was not that bad. At least where I saw it.

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

Whoever it is, that person needs to be kicked in the balls very hard atleast 3x and then fired. It seems that he is still around and has the power of the final cut of the film right before it's released in theaters.

It's kind of like all the people who made the film AVP-R and Predators gives a perfectly good copy to this ONE guy who goes "Thanks for the movie, I'll be sure to run your film through my program that will make it nice and dark for release" ;D

WTF?

bleau

bleau

Quote from: PHANTOM on Oct 28, 2010, 03:40:53 AM
Whoever it is, that person needs to be kicked in the balls very hard atleast 3x and then fired. It seems that he is still around and has the power of the final cut of the film right before it's released in theaters.

It's kind of like all the people who made the film AVP-R and Predators gives a perfectly good copy to this ONE guy who goes "Thanks for the movie, I'll be sure to run your film through my program that will make it nice and dark for release" ;D

WTF?

I know what you mean. It was really bullshit how the back DVD case had screen caps from the movie, that were not dark like the actual movie was. Very deceiving I think.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed