AvP Requiem DVD/Blu-Ray

Started by BAMF Hunter, Dec 17, 2007, 07:15:08 PM

Author
AvP Requiem DVD/Blu-Ray (Read 70,875 times)

BAMF Hunter

BAMF Hunter

someone had to start one, colin already said they were finishing the color on the blu ray, so hopefully they rush it out on dvd  since they do have the power to do that now. i think it will look alot better on blu ray than the first one, just cause of the look of the film

Wraith

Wraith

errrrm, No shit?

spawn_se7en

spawn_se7en

I have just read a interview on IESB.net with the 2 brothers and they have said that there is going to be a Unrated Cut of AVP Requiem with about 6 to 8 minutes added to the film, and there isgoing to be 2 releases on dvd one being the R rated cut and the other being th Unrated Cut ;D

Also in this interview there are discripsion of some scences here they are -

Clip 1 - Opens with a Predator escape pod that lands on Earth looking for the crashed Predator ship (it crashed shortly after take-off after the new Predalien was born) from the first AVP film. This Predator is here to destroy this new breed. He lands in a lake and begins his hunt for the crashed ship and Predalien. He finds the ship, he finds a dead Predator body inside and destroys all remnants with the self-destruct device. He leaves the burning wreckage behind in search for the Predalien at large.

Clip 2 - Opens with townsfolk in a hospital morgue. It's raining and electricity is down. A dozen or more cadavers are lying around with their chests busted open. The town sheriff is looking around for survivors in the hospital, concurrently the Predator arrives at the same hospital and breaks down the door. The people find themselves in a stairway filled with familiar alien bio-material covering the walls and floors. An alien appears and attacks and kills one of the people. The sheriff fires his rifle and kills the alien and the people run out of the stairway. One of the people, a girl named Jessie, runs down the hallway. Cut back to the Predator, he has found the human bodies in the morgue and soon finds himself in an alien bio-covered area as well. The Predalien quickly attacks the Predator. Other Predaliens join the fight and the Predator is fighting them all. He takes them all out. The last two he kills he uses these giant ninja star weapons, as the stars rip through the Predaliens they continue to fly toward Jessie, our human girl, who just ran in (seriously bad timing) and becomes impaled on the wall.

Hope U all like this

O.W.L.F.

O.W.L.F.

sounds good :)...any expectations about DVD version ( unrated or theatrical ) release date??...thanx

spawn_se7en

spawn_se7en

There is no date set as far as the interview says but I would think it will be out around April, May time with both editions being released at the same time

O.W.L.F.

O.W.L.F.

thanx...i was hoping for sooner release

spawn_se7en

spawn_se7en

You cant tell the release date at this time it may come out before that time it might do the same thing as AVP did with it coming out at one time in the USA and another time in Japan and another time in UK who can tell thats way i have 3 copyies of the first DVD all with diffrent covers :)

War Wager

War Wager

Those scenes are in the cinema release too...

spawn_se7en

spawn_se7en

Yes they are in the film, these are not the deleted scence there was no discripsion of what the deleted scence are at this time.

spawn_se7en

spawn_se7en

Heres some more information for the site -

The IESB asked about the AVP R DVD cut of the film. Will it be much different? Strause Brothers say yes, there is 6 to 8 more minutes of unrated footage on the DVD cut for fans to see. The DVD will be released in it's theatrical cut and the special DVD cut.  The extra footage was never intended for theatrical release and is strictly for the unrated DVD version of the film.

Regarding another sequel, they said they already have ideas for a third installment in the franchise and say there are plenty of clues in this film to point you in the direction they are headed.

Obviously, if they get a chance to do another AVP film, they already know it's going to be set in space, not on Earth as this film and it's predecessor were. Where this movie ends, there is no other place to go story-wise except for space.

AVP R ties together the original AVP film along with Alien and Predator story cannon. They are taking all the films made from both franchises into consideration.

What are the Strause Brothers working on next? Two options, one is science fiction and the other is fantasy. They wouldn't give up any more details, believe me, we tried but they did say both scripts are completely original, not remakes or sequels.

From what we've seen so far, the Strause Brothers have been able to repair the damage caused to the franchise by AVP director Paul W.S. Anderson. The clips we saw today at Hydraulx, the five minutes of footage plus the chat with the Strause Brothers proves it!

spawn_se7en

spawn_se7en

Lets hope that the Unrated Cut of the Film is a 18 in the UK as the cinema cut is a 15 like AVP was.
Thats if they release it out side the US.(Which I thick will happen) :)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

http://themanwhonevermissed.blogspot.com/2007/10/yautja.html

So, when the new Aliens versus Predator: Requiem movie comes out, there will eventually be a DVD/BlueRay of it. As you most likely know, on the expanded versions of these things, there are sometimes bonus features: outtakes, director's comments, and interviews with assorted folks connected to the project -- actors, producers, writers, all like that.

As it happens, in theory, I'm supposed to be interviewed for this project, as one of the writers in the Aliens, Predator, and Aliens versus Predator universes. (All of which are tradmarked and copyrighted, by the by.)

My contribution here is tiny. My daughter, who writes under several names, (mostly "S.D. Perry,") and I did the novelization of the AvP graphic novel(s) for the first AvP book, in 1994.

What this means is, we translated the comics into book form. The credit mostly goes to the artists, writers, editors, and publisher at Dark Horse Comics -- guys like Chris Warner, who came up with the idea, Randy Stradley, and Mike Richardson. They did the heavy lifting.

The one thing that we added of which we were proud was the first interior look at the Predator culture. We wanted one of the viewpoint characters to be a Predator, and in order to make that work, we had to get inside his head.

The powers-that-were at the time didn't want us to do that, but we did it anyway, and it turned out they liked it, and the fans liked it, so we didn't get fired. (That's happened on other projects, they didn't't want something, but once they saw how it played, decided it was worth keeping. Remind me to tell you the Shadows of the Empire story about the droids flying the Falcon.)

The Predator revelations spawned some controversy at the time, but eventually came to be accepted and used by other writers. Not movie canon -- yet, anyhow -- but if you goggle "yautja," which is the name we came up with for the Predator species, you get more than 82,000 links, so it's definitely out there now.

We tried to come up with a background that used what had been shown in the movies and comics, to make the Predators characters to whom readers could relate. And my daughter did most of the work.

We were pleased with the results, and it seemed to work. Last time I looked, the first AvP novelization -- Aliens Versus Predator: Prey was up to twenty-something printings ...

Keyes

Keyes

I hope there's one DVD that contains both cuts, like how the Quadrilogy discs do.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Im sure it will.

Chocolate man!

Chocolate man!

So does that mean that it's been comfirmed that there will be a bluray edition?  If so, whohoo!!!!!!!!!!!  Allthough I will be pissed off if only the theatrical version is available in bluray, then I would possibly have to purchase 3 versions!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed