[Updated] It's Official! Fede Alvarez's New Film is Titled Alien: Romulus

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 08, 2024, 06:35:06 PM

Author
[Updated] It's Official! Fede Alvarez's New Film is Titled Alien: Romulus (Read 9,364 times)

BigDaddyJohn

I can totally picture this kind of scene here. Characters in panic trying to pull out the hugger, except this time it's gonna be super messy.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: PortugueseXeno on Mar 02, 2024, 12:12:19 PMNot only does it have acid as a defensive mechanism, but if some other party tries to remove the facehugger from the host by other means, it will start ripping off the skin (and more) from its victim's face, therefore making it more likely for it to be left alone.
The tail would just choke the victim. We saw that in the first movie and it was confirmed in the second. In the first movie they also mention the nails are tearing Kane's scalp.

First movie also shows the facehugger can secrete acid so that's another line of defense.

I guess my issue is, if they wanted to make face-hugging nastier, there are so many things already in place that we've never seen in action they could've gone with. Finger spikes is just kind of dumb.

skhellter

skhellter

An Alien movie.
Being mean Spirited???!!!!

good heavens.

Imagine that.

Slutty Badger

Quote from: skhellter on Mar 02, 2024, 12:47:32 PMAn Alien.

good heavens.

Imagine that.

If anything, Xenos are the opposite of mean-spirited - they're acting on a biological imperative, doing what they're meant to.

Now, as for their designers, well...

SiL

Quote from: skhellter on Mar 02, 2024, 12:47:32 PMAn Alien.
Nobody's talking about the Alien being mean-spirited.

PortugueseXeno

Quote from: SiL on Mar 02, 2024, 12:37:35 PM
Quote from: PortugueseXeno on Mar 02, 2024, 12:12:19 PMNot only does it have acid as a defensive mechanism, but if some other party tries to remove the facehugger from the host by other means, it will start ripping off the skin (and more) from its victim's face, therefore making it more likely for it to be left alone.
The tail would just choke the victim. We saw that in the first movie and it was confirmed in the second. In the first movie they also mention the nails are tearing Kane's scalp.

First movie also shows the facehugger can secrete acid so that's another line of defense.

I guess my issue is, if they wanted to make face-hugging nastier, there are so many things already in place that we've never seen in action they could've gone with. Finger spikes is just kind of dumb.

What if people tried to drop a bucket of water (or another liquid) in order to make the facehugger "slippier" or tried to burn it with a lighter in order for it to have a quick let go response.

The barbed wire makes it so that the victim has absolutely no chance of getting out of this situation once it has been facehugged.

Either it gets chestbursted in the near future or it will have his face ripped off and potentially die from its wounds.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: PortugueseXeno on Mar 02, 2024, 01:14:15 PMWhat if people tried to drop a bucket of water (or another liquid) in order to make the facehugger "slippier" or tried to burn it with a lighter in order for it to have a quick let go response.
It took several adults to pull one off that wasn't fully attached while wet in the second movie.

They cut it in the first movie and it didn't let go. It didn't even flinch.

QuoteThe barbed wire makes it so that the victim has absolutely no chance of getting out of this situation once it has been facehugged.

Either it gets chestbursted in the near future or it will have his face ripped off and potentially die from its wounds.
Again, this is already the case without barbs. The face hugger tears Kane's scalp when they try to take it off in the first movie, that's why they try to cut it. Dallas says you can't take it off without taking his face off with it.

BlueMarsalis79

I think the Aliens themselves are plenty vindictive. 

Bojo

Sounds abit daft . Barbed wire fingers. Sounds horrific and will likely have brutal consequences ( why design them in the first place) but it doesn't seem organic. Nasty for the sake of being nasty.
Like his Evil Dead film.

TheBATMAN

I agree the barbs do seem unnecessary given the denfensive mechanisms the hugger already has in place. I'd like to see the return of the royal facehugger concept though. Didnt the original AVP comic have the queen huggers with spikes?

426Buddy

Not bothered by the barbs, pretty minor change.

Bojo

Sounds like something thats been purely designed for a new toy line.
Voice over ' And now witness the new Facehugger with brutal bladed fingers '
Some gormless kid 'Woah !'

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

You all went wild with the barbs so quickly. Gonna be fun watching the reactions when the trailer finally hits. I'm in a very unique situation having seen it all with only that one production still out there.

It's so hard not saying anything, but knowing I'd seen those barbs, I had to point them out to everyone since they were right in front of our eyes. I'm still not gonna give anything away that would spoil plot details or anything.

Immortan Jonesy

@PortugueseXeno is not here today. There's something odd here. 👀👉👈

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed