Aliens: Colonial Marines NEW Suspense Trailer

Started by gigantitan, May 21, 2012, 01:13:20 PM

Author
Aliens: Colonial Marines NEW Suspense Trailer (Read 67,826 times)

SuperM

this game isn't ever gonna come out

newbeing

All of this sounds kinda familiar....

QuoteDevelopment on Diablo III began in 2001 when Blizzard North was still in operation, and the game was first announced on June 28, 2008, at the Blizzard Worldwide Invitational in Paris, France.[18]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diablo_III

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

Quote from: escroto on May 21, 2012, 07:41:22 PM
whatever. How can just some of you even imply the people is overreacting?

Because you and a lot of other people are overreacting. It's typical behavior of fans or video game players, self-entitled whiners who feel they are owed something. If the game is delayed, then that usually means that it won't be finished by release date. So you have one of two options: try to finish it by the release, which entails rushing the development as much as possible (including cutting or reducing content), or push the release date back to give the devs more time to complete it. They wisely choose the latter. Yet many here would rather they chose the former, just so they can get it a couple months sooner. Boggles the mind.

shadowedge

Have patience people. The game was delayed, that just means that they are working on making it better. I would rather have an AAA game that took some time to make rather then a rushed lesser quality game.

Aliens fan have been burned a lot before, if this game does well it could reinvigorate us. Plus now we have a definitive launch date. That counts.

Yautja 1994

Quote from: shadowedge on May 21, 2012, 09:20:19 PM
Have patience people. The game was delayed, that just means that they are working on making it better. I would rather have an AAA game that took some time to make rather then a rushed lesser quality game.

Aliens fan have been burned a lot before, if this game does well it could reinvigorate us. Plus now we have a definitive launch date. That counts.

Sorry, but if you want to be fooled by SEGA, that will be your own problem.

Xenomrph

This trailer looks amazing, I cannot wait to play this game. I don't mind delays if it means they're improving the game. I'd rather wait longer for a quality product than have them rush something and be crap.

Narcissus

@ Xenomrph
     +1  that.  I have been so unhappy with practically any "Alien" based games--save for the first two from Rebellion on the PC. Now that we have an actual release date (and not merely a general Seasonal time-frame) --now you have something of an idea as to when it may actually release.

Nightmare Asylum

Not fond of the fact that it was pushed back again, but that was actually a really great trailer.

Nutlink

Quote from: Predaker on May 21, 2012, 08:58:32 PM
Quote from: newbeing on May 21, 2012, 06:19:37 PMActually in 2006 Sega only announced they signed a deal with Gearbox to work on an Aliens game. It wasn't until 2008 that Aliens: Colonial Marines was officially revealed. As stated a bunch of times they revealed the prototype of the game much too early and due to whatever circumstances didn't start full fledged development until a year and a half ago.

Just hearing it on forums doesn't really mean much to me.  I've read up a little, and while I visit the Gearbox forums occasionally, I don't recall ever reading it from someone "in the know" that it didn't really start up until 2008.  It wouldn't surprise me, but I don't really trust the word of other forum-goers.  No offense.  Either way, I've been waiting since I heard of this game in 06, and like I said, another 6 months of waiting won't kill me.   ;D

Ahnyxrik

I work at Best Buy in the Game Department, we have been talking about this alot! Now we have a "real" date. Let's hope it makes it on time! It looks AWESOME!!!!!!!  :-*

PHANTOM

It's not that the game is delayed that's pissing me off, it's the very simple fact they had more than enough time to make a solid game in and out.

It's like asking a lazy person to clean my car, but because you know he's lazy you'll give him a break and tell him you got two weeks to finish it when in reality it should only take a day for a top notch clean. Two weeks pass by and he only has the tires done ::)

Point is, if he needs more time that just goes to show you how much he f--king sucks. Sure if you give him two months to clean it will look nice but W T F kid?! It could have been done MUCH sooner and I could have been driving all this time.

What are you guys doing at Gearbox? You guys must be creating DX12 support with ultra photorealism graphics and cutting edge exploration gameplay that's gonna make Crysis 3 look like nintendo to justify another delay.

Something tells me ACM is still going to be a simple cardboard, dx9, meh graphics, linear level design, unoptimized PC FPS game that will still have plenty of bugs. And it won't be because Gearbox didn't have enough time, it will be because they suck at making games.

It happened to Duke Nukem Forever, and it's following the same errie pattern.

szkoki

the main problem is with this that gbx and sega are setting the hurdle waaaaaaaaaay too much high for themself with these promises

Predaker

Quote from: Nutlink on May 21, 2012, 10:07:28 PM
Quote from: Predaker on May 21, 2012, 08:58:32 PM
Quote from: newbeing on May 21, 2012, 06:19:37 PMActually in 2006 Sega only announced they signed a deal with Gearbox to work on an Aliens game. It wasn't until 2008 that Aliens: Colonial Marines was officially revealed. As stated a bunch of times they revealed the prototype of the game much too early and due to whatever circumstances didn't start full fledged development until a year and a half ago.

Just hearing it on forums doesn't really mean much to me.  I've read up a little, and while I visit the Gearbox forums occasionally, I don't recall ever reading it from someone "in the know" that it didn't really start up until 2008.  It wouldn't surprise me, but I don't really trust the word of other forum-goers.  No offense.  Either way, I've been waiting since I heard of this game in 06, and like I said, another 6 months of waiting won't kill me.   ;D
That is information from gearbox, not just the word of some forum goer. It was convenient to answer his question by quoting newbeing. Read the gearbox forums, it has Randy's press release.

Thanks to newbeing for the clarification!

chupacabras acheronsis

ah, f**k it.

i'm not even excited about it anymore. if it comes out or not, whatever. frankly, it wasn't looking special at all at this point and this trailer was all editing, no substance. put the tactical elements back, get rid of the hit boxes, and release some f**king alien footage and i'll feel the delay a little.

RagingDragon

Delays aside, this is kind of a double-edged sword.  With all of the time they're taking, the game had better measure up.  If not, I can see it really hurting Gearbox's reputation and credibility.  It already looks gorgeous, but they'd better use these coming months to pour that same devotion and focus into the bloody gameplay.

Those "close encounters" still bother me.  The facehugger ones are fine, I guess, but having some sort of grapple mechanic with the adult aliens is a mistake, I think.  I know the Vasquez scene is ammo for "humans can fight off an alien and win," but that was one very specific scene, and Vas managed to injure the alien before getting into hand-to-hand contact.  I'm sure that normally wouldn't happen.

I saw another one in that video, with the marine grabbing the aliens head.  Good lord give me a break.  Why even have something like that?  Necessary complications with no benefit other than to cater to gamers who suck, same with the facehuggers.  The only option should be to run or die.

I'm also still not thrilled about the alien behavior, but this doesn't matter too much seeing as how you can change the difficulty and playable aliens in MP mean smarter, faster, more cunning xenos like we should have.

They actually move remarkably similar to how they did in Aliens, it just seems a bit slow and the pathfinding still looks weak.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed