Aliens: Colonial Marines NEW Suspense Trailer

Started by gigantitan, May 21, 2012, 01:13:20 PM

Author
Aliens: Colonial Marines NEW Suspense Trailer (Read 67,825 times)

Prime113

But, I mean, the way you guys make it seem is that they should just keep pushing it back, because games can always be better...right?

I'm not one of those people who says they aren't going to buy it, I'm gonna buy the f**k out of this game when its finally released, but come on, guys, this is getting ridiculous.

WinterActual

Quote from: Cellien on May 21, 2012, 03:41:01 PM
They will all still buy the game.
That's not the point. Its very insolent from GBX side to think that they can delay the game for years, just because the fans will buy it anyway when it comes out. It's not right.

That Yellow Alien

Quote from: Voodoo Actual on May 21, 2012, 03:51:16 PM
Quote from: Cellien on May 21, 2012, 03:41:01 PM
They will all still buy the game.
That's not the point. Its very insolent from GBX side to think that they can delay the game for years, just because the fans will buy it anyway when it comes out. It's not right.

Better than rushing out some 4 hour piece of crap because they know the fans will buy it. Come on.

Cellien

Some people are saying that it could be related to the Wii U launch, considering there was no Wii U version release date mentioned. 

Fall 2012 Wii U timed exclusive?  Maybe!

Ash 937

The delay makes sense.  There is no reason why A:CM should go up against Halo4 or COD this holiday season.  Those other games have more budget for marketing and A:CM will be virtually unnoticed by the casual gamer who isn't following this game already.  It sucks but it's the smart move. 

Sega would never be able to spend enough money to competitively market A:CM against the winter competition.  They posted a pretty significant loss in profit in the last fiscal year...so I think we are very fortunate to get A:CM at all at this point. 

Samus007

Quote from: Cellien on May 21, 2012, 03:55:25 PM
Some people are saying that it could be related to the Wii U launch, considering there was no Wii U version release date mentioned. 

Yeah, i was saying that a few pages ago, I really think that the Wii U will get the game this year.

WinterActual

Quote from: That Yellow Alien on May 21, 2012, 03:52:34 PM

Better than rushing out some 4 hour piece of crap because they know the fans will buy it. Come on.
This would be true if the game was announced before 4-5 months. But the game is announced more than year ago. "Rushing" can't be an excuse in this case.

Quote from: Ash 937 on May 21, 2012, 03:57:29 PM
The delay makes sense.  There is no reason why A:CM should go up against Halo4 or COD this holiday season. 
This is their own fault for delaying the game for the winter season. Spring '12 was fine.

Prime113

Quote from: Samus007 on May 21, 2012, 04:03:06 PM

Yeah, i was saying that a few pages ago, I really think that the Wii U will get the game this year.

Nooooo way. You know how many people that would piss off? No. That will not happen. I promise.

IRONMONKEY88

Quote from: Ash 937 on May 21, 2012, 03:57:29 PM
The delay makes sense.  There is no reason why A:CM should go up against Halo4 or COD this holiday season.  Those other games have more budget for marketing and A:CM will be virtually unnoticed by the casual gamer who isn't following this game already.  It sucks but it's the smart move. 

Sega would never be able to spend enough money to competitively market A:CM against the winter competition.  They posted a pretty significant loss in profit in the last fiscal year...so I think we are very fortunate to get A:CM at all at this point.

YES ITS MAKES SENSE I TOTALLY AGREE WITH THIS 
BUT THOSE "CASUAL GAMERS" GET MY GOAT ITS ALL BASED AROUND THEM
BUSINESS AS USUAL THEN BACK TO"THE WAITING GAME" :-\

Samus007

Quote from: Prime113 on May 21, 2012, 04:07:00 PM

Nooooo way. You know how many people that would piss off? No. That will not happen. I promise.

I know it work work on me, in getting me to buy a Wii U. Unless the game gets terrible reviews like the last AVP game that came out. Then I can wait, lol.

That Yellow Alien

Quote from: Voodoo Actual on May 21, 2012, 04:06:32 PM

This would be true if the game was announced before 4-5 months. But the game is announced more than year ago. "Rushing" can't be an excuse in this case.

Believe it or not, it takes longer than a year to make a quality game. The average development time is 2-3 years, and in many cases, even that is too short. Frankly, Mass Effect 3 could have used a whole nother year. Rushed dev times are one of the industries biggest problems; too much emphasis is placed on fulfilling some arbitrary release date. I'm surprised Sega is allowing GBX to take their time. So what if Aliens is taking longer. If the game is better, than all is well. When the game comes out and if it turns out to be lame, then you can complain all you want. But wait until you actually play it.

Samus007

Quote from: That Yellow Alien on May 21, 2012, 04:15:53 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Actual on May 21, 2012, 04:06:32 PM

Believe it or not, it takes longer than a year to make a quality game. The average development time is 2-3 years, and in many cases, even that is too short. Frankly, Mass Effect 3 could have used a whole nother year. Rushed dev times are one of the industries biggest problems; too much emphasis is placed on fulfilling some arbitrary release date. I'm surprised Sega is allowing GBX to take their time. So what if Aliens is taking longer. If the game is better, than all is well. When the game comes out and if it turns out to be lame, then you can complain all you want. But wait until you actually play it.

Agreed.

Prime113

Quote from: Samus007 on May 21, 2012, 04:11:29 PM
Quote from: Prime113 on May 21, 2012, 04:07:00 PM

I know it work work on me, in getting me to buy a Wii U. Unless the game gets terrible reviews like the last AVP game that came out. Then I can wait, lol.

That would be like releasing The Avengers in May BUT only on IMAX 3-D, then in July they release it in 2-D.

SpreadEagleBeagle

Ok, that trailer restored my faith in this game again. Holy moly! My heart is still throbbing! According to that suspense trailer they decided to make the Aliens more lethal than ever. They seem to be able to take a lot of punishment before going down and they are strong as hell. THumbs up for that. This game is going to be scary! At least that is what I hope for.

Sucks though that we're going to have to wait forever to play it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed