Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 199,257 times)

Xhan

Xhan

I guess the film's music is about all that's left to like.

The New Blood

The New Blood

Quote from: Xhan on Nov 29, 2007, 01:59:42 AM
I guess the film's music is about all that's left to like.

not even

Gates

Gates

Quote from: The New Blood on Nov 29, 2007, 02:40:49 AM
not even

Naaa what's fair is fair, the music seems to be good, well at least I like it...I really want to hear the rest of it to give it the full two thumbs up, but judging from what I have heard it sounds like I will be liking it...

Can't wait for the fans that are going to yell at me because I judging something from a 1 minute clip...oh the smell of hypocrisy is foul...

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: jimmylace on Nov 29, 2007, 01:21:54 AM
I remember saying something about the pred genes having an affect on the reproduction method and I got laughed at.:(

Because, with respect, it was a massively superficial interpretation (even 'comic-book interpretation', if you will) of scientific facts.

I'm all for inventiveness and such, but back when I was actively defending this film, there were a number of things discovered about it which made me think, hmm, there's going to be a such-and-such way of them doing this. It won't be as simplistic as is being described. There are ways it can work.

One by one, I've found all these little pieces of the puzzle really are just that simple - and it's really depressing.

None of this would ever have been such a big issue if the directors had not repeatedly stated in comments and interviews that they were doing all they could to adhere to canon. One cannot help but form the opinion that, to them, 'canon' could just be the matter of most human beings never finding out about Aliens until the future.

It'll be wonderfully entertaining, I'm sure of it. It might even be exciting. I just don't see, at this point, how it's going to be able to fit into the rest of the series before it, that's all.

Quote from: SM on Nov 29, 2007, 01:57:57 AM
AvP3 will be a remake of Fantastic Voyage where the humans are injected into a Predators impregnated body and witness Pred DNA duking it out with Alien DNA.

HARDCORE AWESOMENESS!!!

:D

Demonio Cazador

Quote from: Xhan on Nov 29, 2007, 01:21:05 AM
Then there's no real reason for you to bait the fans that do have geeky explanation is there?

Yet here you are.

What are you talking about? Who's baiting? ???

Quote from: Gates on Nov 29, 2007, 02:44:06 AM
Quote from: The New Blood on Nov 29, 2007, 02:40:49 AM
not even

Naaa what's fair is fair, the music seems to be good, well at least I like it...I really want to hear the rest of it to give it the full two thumbs up, but judging from what I have heard it sounds like I will be liking it...

Can't wait for the fans that are going to yell at me because I judging something from a 1 minute clip...oh the smell of hypocrisy is foul...

You're judging the music from a 1 minute clip? What are you crazy??  :D :D :D

j/k   :D

Foundationman2

Foundationman2

The producers from A:R (Which can hardly be regarded as canon) showed that the host's DNA does have a substantial effect upon the Alien's DNA. Even though the queen was cloned, and some of the genes got mixed up, it still developed a womb, which is twice as human as Ripley 8 is alien. This shows that alien DNA has a large number of gaps with which it can incorporate the host's genes. Inside the host's body, there must be, at a point, some sort of connection to the DNA helix, because how else would the Alien acquire characteristics from its host? If the predator reproduction method is with the mouth, the embryo's 'brain' maybe subconsciously copied the genes for that, knowing that when it became an adult, it would help to build a colony, because, possibly, the pred-burster felt the queen's presence disappear in AVP. I mean, It was right there in Scar when the Queen went down. And possibly knowing that it was the only one left, it made those alterations in its genes. I'm just saying that the reproduction method, scientifically, may not be as farfetched as some of the stuff we've seen so far.

Trashed

Trashed

Taken from Aliens.Conversation between Ellen Ripley and Bishop...making this reproductive cycle a hoax(in so many ways)

''Okay..now let me get this straight.They grabbed the colonists,took them over there,and immobilised them to be hosts for more of those... (Ripley points to facehugger specimens in stasis tubes)...which would mean lots of those parasites,right?...One for each person...over a hundred at least''.

''Yes..that follows''

''But each of these things come from an egg,right?...so whos laying these eggs?...

(Bishop,reffering to what would become the Alien Queen)...

''I don,t know...maybe its somthing we haven,t seen yet''.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

'Alien Resurrection' changes were more to do with, as you say, the cloning process going astray. If they were 'wildstrain' Aliens, they would have ended up like the ones on the Nostromo or Acheron.

SM

SM

QuoteThe producers from A:R (Which can hardly be regarded as canon) showed that the host's DNA does have a substantial effect upon the Alien's DNA.

Hardly canon?  :D  Bullshit.

Alien3 showed it before Resurrection and even then was only expanding on ideas expressed in Alien.

'Spose they're not canon too.

Xhan

Xhan

Who are these Giler Hill Caroll and Weaver jackoffs anyway?

the f**k they think they are.

SM

SM

Heathens and charlatans all!

Xhan

Xhan

A NEWT!

QUACK!

Trashed

Trashed

RE:My last post

...Ignore it...and maybe it will go away :D.....and there you have it in a nutshell.

Now wheres my NECA Predator with 1300 points of articulation.

Foundationman2

Foundationman2

Quote from: SM on Nov 30, 2007, 01:12:20 AM
QuoteThe producers from A:R (Which can hardly be regarded as canon) showed that the host's DNA does have a substantial effect upon the Alien's DNA.

Hardly canon?  :D  Bullshit.

Alien3 showed it before Resurrection and even then was only expanding on ideas expressed in Alien.

'Spose they're not canon too.
all i was implying, was that the movie in general, sucked. But i was using instances from it to make my point >

Foundationman2

Foundationman2

because, even though it sucked, its still an alien movie. Sorry for the stop, but I'm writing this on a psp.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed