Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 199,184 times)

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

Quote from: Gates on Nov 22, 2007, 03:52:29 AM
Quote from: SM on Nov 22, 2007, 03:41:12 AM
Fortunately for Fox und ze Strauses there are enough though.

Sad really... :-\

Quote from: PredatorBruth on Nov 22, 2007, 03:42:51 AM
HAHAHAHAHA your callin me a sheep for being thankful for what im gettin, seems like most of the people here who arent happy with it are the sheep, cause most of use jump on the hate bandwagon.

Lame...

Quoteand its pretty sad how some of use probably lose sleep over this.

Sorry...if I knew what a 'use' was, I would respond to this...

Quote from: Xenonewborn on Nov 22, 2007, 03:45:01 AM
If u think that I'm a sheep, than ur sadly mistaken, I'm an 90 foot megaladon shark, waiting for u to swim to close to me so I can gobble up ur criticisms and bull shit arguments that u seem to create just so u can piss other people off.  On the other hand I think I'll just sit here, writing a screenplay, while at the same time, repelling your arguments, and doing the directors who have worked so hard to please us fans, [...]

I think this goes beyond even what a normal human would consider lame... :-X

Quoteif u haven't noticed colins been on this site telling us about the movie since day 1, try and find 1 other director who gives fans that much respect.

And I respect him for that, hell I've had conversations with the man...which is more than can be said about you...that happens because a few of us here talk to the man like he's a regular guy, unlike some of you that insist on bending over for him at any chance you get... :-X

Hahahaha whats wrong gates, got no new hater material. ahahahahaha

The Chibi Kiriyama

QuoteI think this goes beyond even what a normal human would consider lame...

I'm feeling quite awkward myself after reading that one. :-X

And seriously, folks...you're quoting yourselves. It'd be nice to see more than just people tapping the Quote button and racing to a response.

SM

SM

Quotegood point, it's AVP not Alien 5, thats got a ring to it, maybe should have been used for the AVP movie, people wouldn't have been as confused.

christ on a bike.

It doesn't matter if it's AvP or Alien 5 or Predator 3 - the filmmakers tell us it's all the same universe.

The conveniently discard the rules for that universe.  THAT is what pisses people off.

QuoteOK enlighten me....why was it such a horrible film??  thats because your trying to make these new crossover fun for the fans and audience movies live up to this impossible expectation of the originals.

What?  Nevermind the second sentence.  Not sure anyone could fathom that...

As for why AvP was bad.
- Setting it on present day opened a can of worms with continuity.
- The characters were badly written.
- There wasn't an ounce of tension due to the fact the audience were way ahead of the characters.
- There were two actual fights between Aliens and Predators that took up about 7 minutes of screentime in total.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Plokoon111 on Nov 22, 2007, 03:21:18 AM
To all the people who nit pick really tiny things . . .V

YOU GO DIRECT, or WRITE A SCRIPT!

Give us the money and legal rights and we might do that. :)

Quote from: SM on Nov 22, 2007, 03:24:18 AM
To all the people who criticise Al Qaeda.

YOU GO FLY PLANES INTO A BUILDING!

:D

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Actually, I should correct myself: I have written scripts and directed films. Just not for a big company like Fox and such.

pmor087

pmor087

Could anyone see Dave Chapelle as a viable actor for an Alien/Predator movie or will that just be retarded?

SM

SM

Only way is up from here.

Dr. Wren

Dr. Wren

Quote from: pmor087 on Nov 22, 2007, 04:07:42 AM
Could anyone see Dave Chapelle as a viable actor for an Alien/Predator movie or will that just be retarded?

It could work, i guess.

That Yellow Alien

Very retarded.

The Chibi Kiriyama

Remember what happened to Superman III...?

Oh wait, we're still reeling from the multiple Superman IV moments we've received, let alone Superman III. :(

Dr. Wren

Dr. Wren

Quote from: The Chibi Kiriyama on Nov 22, 2007, 04:13:47 AM
Remember what happened to Superman III...?

Oh wait, we're still reeling from the multiple Superman IV moments we've received, let alone Superman III. :(

eww, ur right!!!!!

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: PredatorBruth on Nov 22, 2007, 03:33:22 AM
Quote from: Kimarhi on Nov 22, 2007, 03:27:14 AM
If somebody gave you a steaming pile of poo.........would you accept it?

Just because somebody gives you something doesn't mean you have to like it.

come on man, let bigons be bigons....the only reason use are sayin this stuff is bad is cause you go scurry back and see if its like the originals....well wooptie doodledooo big deal if its not like the original, if you want somethin like the original just go clean the dust off of them and watch them....cause to keep things interesting ya have to introduce new things cause if ya dont it becomes repetitive

It should be like the originals, since this movie was spawned from them.  If a mother and father have damien, are they supposed to like him? 

And lets take the originality concept into account.  The comics got so original they ended up killing their popularity and closing out the line because writers couldn't think of ways to expand the universe and continually added something cool (which all sucked).  Eventually nobody read them because it became a gimmick.  Oh wonder what they are doing this series?  Talking Aliens?  How lame.

Its pretty clear that the current movies are following the same path.  You don't change for the sake of change just because you can.  Eventually those gimmicks stop working, especially when their half thought out and don't impact the story in any way whatsoever.

The Alien is still going to die, and her super mouth f**king ability is going to gain them what exactly?  It becomes pointless.

pmor087

pmor087

well i was thinking they could cast him as an unwilling colonial marine similar to Hicks personality only everytime shit hits the fan, we get a an S-load of swearing or numerous one-liners such as "oh sh*t" or "thats wack"

Dr. Wren

Dr. Wren

Quote from: Kimarhi on Nov 22, 2007, 04:29:02 PM
Quote from: PredatorBruth on Nov 22, 2007, 03:33:22 AM
Quote from: Kimarhi on Nov 22, 2007, 03:27:14 AM
If somebody gave you a steaming pile of poo.........would you accept it?

Just because somebody gives you something doesn't mean you have to like it.

come on man, let bigons be bigons....the only reason use are sayin this stuff is bad is cause you go scurry back and see if its like the originals....well wooptie doodledooo big deal if its not like the original, if you want somethin like the original just go clean the dust off of them and watch them....cause to keep things interesting ya have to introduce new things cause if ya dont it becomes repetitive

It should be like the originals, since this movie was spawned from them.  If a mother and father have damien, are they supposed to like him? 

And lets take the originality concept into account.  The comics got so original they ended up killing their popularity and closing out the line because writers couldn't think of ways to expand the universe and continually added something cool (which all sucked).  Eventually nobody read them because it became a gimmick.  Oh wonder what they are doing this series?  Talking Aliens?  How lame.

Its pretty clear that the current movies are following the same path.  You don't change for the sake of change just because you can.  Eventually those gimmicks stop working, especially when their half thought out and don't impact the story in any way whatsoever.

The Alien is still going to die, and her super mouth f**king ability is going to gain them what exactly?  It becomes pointless.

If u haven't realized, nothing has changed over the past 28 years since the first one, maybe it's time for some change!!!!

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Bwah...........there have been changes, they just make more sense than mouthf**k.

I'm well aware of O'bannon's original backstory, but since it wasn't explained in Alien, I have no trouble accepting the queen in Cameron's sequel.  The dogalien was an extension of the original movies ideas.

I'm less impressed with Ripley 8 and her other human/alien hybrid the newborn, but there was change there as well.

Of course this isn't even talking about the changes outside of the alien that affected the story and the main character, the main character also going through a logical progression in the series.

How much change you notice is how attuned you are to things OTHER than the popcorn factor/money shots.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed