Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 199,216 times)

SM

SM

QuoteI mean I don't have any bright ideas but someone else should

That is what they're paid for after all.

QuoteAdding without explaining just leaves everything in a jumbled mess, and just serves to remind the fanbase that the mythology that they love so very much is complete bullshi*t.

Ah but is it not better to leave the audience guessing that it's complete bullshit, rather than removing all doubt?

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 31, 2007, 02:37:02 AM
called giving it a chance...you should try it some time
I have given many things "a chance" and I do like some of what I've seen.  That said, I'll be giving it a full chance when I see the film.  Until then I will judge what I see in whatever way I see fit.

WarMachine

WarMachine

Quote from: SM on Oct 31, 2007, 02:56:09 AM

QuoteAdding without explaining just leaves everything in a jumbled mess, and just serves to remind the fanbase that the mythology that they love so very much is complete bullshi*t.

Ah but is it not better to leave the audience guessing that it's complete bullshit, rather than removing all doubt?

Yeah and I think they could do better...that's just me.

Either way sucks

WarMachine

WarMachine

whoops f*cked up that quote job... ::)

automirage04

automirage04

Quote from: Porkus Maximus on Oct 31, 2007, 02:54:07 AM

I have to disagree.  There is practically ENDLESS discussion value with aliens and predators because there is so much unexplained.

But much of the things that are "unexplained" were unexplained on purpose to make them more mysterious. Trying to figure out things like: where they came from, and who the space jockeys are is fun.

...But changing something that has been thoroughly explained to us simply begs an explanation.

automirage04

automirage04

I meant that it serves to remind us that everything in the world of Aliens and Predators isn't real... making it harder to really get into ;)

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 31, 2007, 01:19:10 AM
there is no way to win....

Glad to see you realise that. :)

Quotei just wish i could se what would happen with Cameron or Ridley at the helm and how many complaints they get...

If Scott's ideas for a fifth film are anything to go by, I'm not sure we would have been very happy with that, either. It depends how pragmatic Cameron might have been, when they were went to refinine that story.

Quote from: SM on Oct 31, 2007, 01:21:26 AM
I'd suggest putting it in your sig - except the Predator Khan thing to too sweet to ditch.

It is, isn't it? :)

And your wish is my...

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 31, 2007, 02:26:24 AM
if your a giant Queen, when people walk in they'll destroy the ship and eggs.

Or, more likely, they'll get immediately swarmed by facehuggers, automatically doing away with that potential human threat and increasing the Aliens' numbers.

If they even know where to find the Queen, of course.

Quotenow molting if your on the planet can hide long enough to molt and have pletny of hosts, no Queen? molting works alot better.

Except that egg transformation could have been to get a Queen, meaning it would only need to be a case of one.

KARHAN

KARHAN

OMG 150 pages of BULLS*IT, i mean you never seen so you dont know if it crap or good so wait until you see the movie this topic is a waist to this section, i mean com on 150 pages of disscussion i mean enough is enough :-\

Kriszilla

Kriszilla

They won't listen. Somebody, probably Gates, SiL, or UncannyAntman, will pop up and say something along the lines of: "Good idea, but no!"

trust me, they've done it so many times when people tell them to quit complaining. My philosophy: Don't bother even posting if you think it's pointless how much space they're wasting here with the same complaints over and over again.

KARHAN

KARHAN

Quote from: Kriszilla on Oct 31, 2007, 07:29:08 PM
They won't listen. Somebody, probably Gates, SiL, or UncannyAntman, will pop up and say something along the lines of: "Good idea, but no!"

trust me, they've done it so many times when people tell them to quit complaining. My philosophy: Don't bother even posting if you think it's pointless how much space they're wasting here with the same complaints over and over again.

yeah, i gues your right ;) :P

Sh0dan

Sh0dan

100 + votes for love it / pretty cool.  :o

That cant be right, is someone fiddling the system or something?

I just find it hard to believe that any strict alien fan would find the new additions acceptable into the fiction.

Kriszilla

Kriszilla

Well that's you. Other people are willing to accept new ideas.

AlienatedPredator

Quote from: Sh0dan on Oct 31, 2007, 07:45:53 PM
100 + votes for love it / pretty cool.  :o

That cant be right, is someone fiddling the system or something?

I just find it hard to believe that any strict alien fan would find the new additions acceptable into the fiction.

That's right, it's FICTION. So I guess it's not life and death after all. If done right, this concept could be creepy and terrifying. It's likely painful and horrific for the victim :o

SiL

SiL

It's not that they wouldn't accept new ideas to the fiction; it's that they wouldn't accept new ideas which piss all over the old ones.

Major Alan Schaefer

"Except that egg transformation could have been to get a Queen, meaning it would only need to be a case of one"

Takes longer to get any hosts...we don't know how long it took AR's Queen to go it could have ben a week

"Or, more likely, they'll get immediately swarmed by facehuggers, automatically doing away with that potential human threat and increasing the Aliens' numbers."
Which would be followed by the ship being destroyed...i think they'd notice signal for help in time
unless there was five humans wherever they were going to land then that'd work

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed