Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 199,176 times)

echobbase79

echobbase79

I'm actually glad this thread is still going. You get to read a lot of different point of views.

Actually i think this thread is the perfect example as to why a message boards exist in the first place.

Great and passionate conversation.

As for the lifecycle itself it does contradict everything that has come before it. But then again I going to give it a chance and see how it plays. If it sucks in the end...well there's not much anyone can do about it.

The predalien is the thorn in my side with this movie. Everything else I've been pretty much fine with. The regular aliens look great IMO.

Gremlien

Gremlien

Two cents.

1. Someone please tell me how making a fictional Alien species with unknown origins act like reality-based Earth creatures is more believable.

2. Someone please tell me how the regurgitation method goes against things that were previously seen when no one ever saw a young queen without walls around it, meaning that it was not in a situation where even attempting the regurgitation would make sense because there's no one in the room with her.

Clemens

Clemens

I am not sure about the new method, am going to wait until I've seen the film before I pass judgement! But what does bother me slightly is that when someone is facehugged the facehugger stays on it's victim fo quite sometime for a reason to implant the embryo! now all of a sudden the Predalien queen comes along and vomits over someone and the embryo is planted straight away, so if the aliens can do this then what is the point of the facehuggers?

Gremlien

Gremlien

Quote from: Clemens on Oct 30, 2007, 11:11:39 AM
I am not sure about the new method, am going to wait until I've seen the film before I pass judgement! But what does bother me slightly is that when someone is facehugged the facehugger stays on it's victim fo quite sometime for a reason to implant the embryo! now all of a sudden the Predalien queen comes along and vomits over someone and the embryo is planted straight away, so if the aliens can do this then what is the point of the facehuggers?
Only a young Queen is able to do this, and I'd be willing to bet that it's either a trait used in dire situations, or it's a trait that it loses once it is able to lay eggs. Most likely both.

SyntaX

SyntaX

The facehuggers remain. Its just a new method and might not even be shown all the time. Its the Predaliens way to reproduce and "ensure" the survival of her species. The only thing I'm wondering is what will come out of the Human host when a Predalien impregnates him/her? A Predalien or normal Xenomorph?

Gremlien

Gremlien

Quote from: SyntaX on Oct 30, 2007, 11:17:57 AM
The only thing I'm wondering is what will come out of the Human host when a Predalien impregnates him/her? A Predalien or normal Xenomorph?
Now there's an interesting thought.

Clemens

Clemens

Quote from: SyntaX on Oct 30, 2007, 11:17:57 AM
The facehuggers remain. Its just a new method and might not even be shown all the time. Its the Predaliens way to reproduce and "ensure" the survival of her species. The only thing I'm wondering is what will come out of the Human host when a Predalien impregnates him/her? A Predalien or normal Xenomorph?

I would have thought it would take the human dna and come out as a normal alien!

Gates

Gates

Quote from: SyntaX on Oct 30, 2007, 08:36:54 AM
Damn, why does this thead still exist?

Its getting painful to read. Diehard Alien fans cant believe the Bro's actually had the balls to put in yet another reproduction cycle. And, if you think about it ... there have been plenty.

AND

Quote[...] Is it SO hard to understand that AVP:R is introducing its OWN regurgitating method? Is that SO hard to accept? For some, yeah.. for others its something new and fresh. Its a bold move by the directors and I sure hope it turns out well.

AND THIS

QuoteCertain changes are required especially in certain situations. The Predalien doesnt have an egg-sack so an alternative way of breading HAS to be found. Hence the vomitting. I'm pretty much OKAY with the idea, it COULD have been better though but im also GLAD they didnt bring back the Queen yet again to show her JUST shittting out eggs. I'm glad they didnt went with the Predalien hugging humans. Imagine that huge moffo sitting on someones face.

*Barfing*

Quote from: Gremlien on Oct 30, 2007, 11:00:34 AM
2. Someone please tell me how the regurgitation method goes against things that were previously seen when no one ever saw a young queen without walls around it, meaning that it was not in a situation where even attempting the regurgitation would make sense because there's no one in the room with her.

This pathetic excuse has been demolished 40 or 50 pages back...get over it...

SyntaX

SyntaX

<3 u 2 Gates. Gotta love that direct approach lol

AlienatedPredator

I'm not reading back through 144 pages, LOL . . . so this may have been discussed . . .

Anyway, one thing I was thinking was that it could be a very disturbing, creepy outcome, this new reproduction method . . . maybe the victim slowly morphs into an Alien, or the Alien grows to full size inside her as parts of her body fall off to reveal the abomination inside.

Accaris

Accaris

Quote from: AlienatedPredator on Oct 30, 2007, 12:53:43 PM
maybe the victim slowly morphs into an Alien, or the Alien grows to full size inside her as parts of her body fall off to reveal the abomination inside.

Conventions that were done in the 1950s and 60s in B-grade horror flicks.

We've seen plenty of red flags that point to AVP:R as being another 5.0/10 slasher fest with just enough fan service to keep people in the seats, and this reproductive cycle is another example. The whole thing stinks like a Tremors sequel, and it's not making a convincing case against the death of the franchise.

Wildbird

Wildbird

No vaginas in outer space!

Trioxin83

Trioxin83

Dont know if this has been addressed or not, im not reading 144 pages of this hehe but ive read enough and i bring to you this: Alien, Aliens, Alien 3, and Resurrection (if you like to admit there was a 4th film) all took place in the future, and AvP and AvPR take place in present day. So wouldnt their life cycle in the AvP movies be considered "normal" for the aliens at that time? And their life cycle/behavior evolved into what it is in the original movies?.....just a thought...

The Chibi Kiriyama

Quote from: Trioxin83 on Oct 30, 2007, 03:32:06 PM
Dont know if this has been addressed or not, im not reading 144 pages of this hehe but ive read enough and i bring to you this: Alien, Aliens, Alien 3, and Resurrection (if you like to admit there was a 4th film) all took place in the future, and AvP and AvPR take place in present day. So wouldnt their life cycle in the AvP movies be considered "normal" for the aliens at that time? And their life cycle/behavior evolved into what it is in the original movies?.....just a thought...

The Alien of the first film was part of a derelict spacecraft which had been there for millions of years. Unless they missed the evolutionary jump, they were relatively the same for millions of years with seemingly no change. To imagine that in a few hundred years from AVPR they'd evolved an entirely new life cycle is a bit unreal when millions of years did nothing of the sort.

1,000 Shards

1,000 Shards

I think it will be entertaining to watch, but I think its a load of balls to be honest, it totally messes up the reproduction cylce of the alien. Its just a device to shock the viewer to make more money.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed