Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 199,246 times)

Anomaly

Anomaly

Quote from: Predator-S on Oct 27, 2007, 10:11:03 PM

Stating that Predators are an encient civilisation that gave us technology and used us as hosts for hunting aliens is MAKING SHIT UP.

Yep, but imo in the hands of a craftsman this concept couldve been much better. Those who take these risks just have to "have it", like Jim and the queen.

Major Alan Schaefer

wanna save alot of time just say adding anything is making junk up oh and not photocoping Alien is also

SiL

SiL

Quote from: gameoverman on Oct 27, 2007, 10:07:44 PM
Yeah but like I explained, it can't keep doing it.  To create 12 aliens, you need 24 colonists.  And in the beginning there is only one alien.
Yes, and like I said - hard to find. Large colony. Those used to host the bursters could then be turned into eggs themselves.

QuoteAlso, the drone born from Jordan has low probability to be a queen (if natural queens are made that way - by random egg).
Only if you want it to be.

QuoteThey are not going to ignore a creature that just killled one of their own.
You're assuming they can find it.

QuoteWell we know the drone did not have benefit of being undetected, like dog/ox alien.  So really it did not have much time.  It needed to start egg morphing right away - like the first alien did.  The first alien, though, only had to deal with 6 people.
And the second Alien had to deal with 157 people, most of them fat lazy apathetic slobs, not to mention a whole host of kids and the like, in a large colony with routes of transportation the people wouldn't have known about, or thought to look.

Anomaly

Anomaly

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 27, 2007, 10:14:44 PM
wanna save alot of time just say adding anything is making junk up

The problem is its possible, those that dont get the pattern give up. Every so often some director comes along to a franchise and kicks the crap out of all of us. Those folks know the deal, they didnt give up.

FACEBOX

FACEBOX

Quote from: Predator-S on Oct 27, 2007, 10:11:03 PM
Quote from: FACEBOX on Oct 27, 2007, 09:54:43 PM
Quote from: megachu17 on Oct 27, 2007, 09:48:20 PM
how could it "add" somthing that already exists?

If you view AVP as a prequel to ALIEN etc..then it's adding to the story.
The Predalien is also adding to the line of aliens we have already seen.
Wolf's badass role is adding to the Pred universe.
The new weapons (whip) is adding to the Pred universe

A new life-cycle is MAKING SHIT UP.
New traits that transfer over to Aliens is MAKING SHIT UP.      
A Predator with Jedi powers would be MAKING SHIT UP.   ;)

Eggs appearing from thin air is MAKING SHIT UP.
Cloning Ripley and the Queen with them taking traits of one another is MAKING SHIT UP.
Stating that Predators are an encient civilisation that gave us technology and used us as hosts for hunting aliens is MAKING SHIT UP.

So I don't quite see where are you going.

I never said that the other movies where perfect. However they didn't CHANGE anything.
ALIEN RE was all about cloning and gene manipulation. That's why we see eight Ripleys, etc.

AVP:R is CHANGING stuff. Why can't you see that?
ALIENS come from chestbusters, which come from facehuggers, which come from eggs, which comes from a Queen. It's that simple. DON'T CHANGE IT!

megachu17

megachu17

alien still come from chestburster, queens still lay eggs, but 2 protect a young queen she uses a fast but risky method, barfing

Major Alan Schaefer

So, you want Aliens simple gotta on record don't worry....

it doesn't say they don't come from facehuggers they say they don;t have to big big big diffrence

FACEBOX

FACEBOX

Quote from: megachu17 on Oct 27, 2007, 10:19:21 PM
alien still come from chestburster, queens still lay eggs, but 2 protect a young queen she uses a fast but risky method, barfing

The Predalien is NOT a Queen.

Spidey3121

Spidey3121

Also, if you incorporate Egg-Morphing then Eggs don't have to come from Queens. Hence there are alternate ways of reproduction ensuring the survival of the Alien species.

Predator-S

Predator-S

Oh, to hell with this - I'm not gonna argue forever. I'm just gonna drink my rakiya and go to bed ^^

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: FACEBOX on Oct 27, 2007, 10:21:35 PM

You just come to the site, wake up read the fine print...it is buddy sorry to burst your bubble

megachu17

megachu17

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 27, 2007, 10:23:02 PM
Quote from: FACEBOX on Oct 27, 2007, 10:21:35 PM

You just come to the site, wake up read the fine print...it is buddy sorry to burst your bubble

w00t

Anomaly

Anomaly

Id just like to say the bad changes make things bad for the good changes. If anyone got that.

Good changes usually use something for a plot device or function that PAYS OFF wonderfully. Bad devices are tacky, and a whole lotta nonsense for little or no payoff.

FACEBOX

FACEBOX

Quote from: Spidey3121 on Oct 27, 2007, 10:21:46 PM
Also, if you incorporate Egg-Morphing then Eggs don't have to come from Queens. Hence there are alternate ways of reproduction ensuring the survival of the Alien species.

Still....facehuggers are needed. Barfing is ....... I have no words to describe how stupid this is.

Major Alan Schaefer

how do you know this won't be used as a plot device...you don't know

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed