Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 199,163 times)

WhySoSerious

WhySoSerious

So what Colin is basically saying is that if there is no Queen, life or nature will find a way to change the whole order of things if it can't reproduce the way it was intended. I like the way you think Colin. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out on film.

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: gameoverman on Oct 27, 2007, 01:38:15 PM
Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Oct 27, 2007, 01:33:22 PM
I was always more a fan of the idea that Aliens could feed a new Alien royal jelly to create a Queen, but Alien 3 kinda ruins that for me.  :)
Well your idea makes even less sense than barfing.  What if there is no Queen?  Then you have no royal jelly.
Royal jelly doesn't come from a Queen.  Worker bees secrete it.

shakermakerman

Quote from: Colin_Strause on Oct 27, 2007, 02:56:07 AM
Quote from: SiL on Oct 27, 2007, 02:54:58 AM
Quote from: Colin_Strause on Oct 27, 2007, 02:53:39 AM
Agreed. The best part about these movies is the passion that the fans have for them, even if we all totally disagree.
See? Isn't he great folks?

Just ... please, for the love of God. Don't make AvP 3.

I have this great idea for a Predator Mind killing weapon. He just looks at an Alien and it explodes... sound great huh?

pmsl

gameoverman

gameoverman

Quote from: Gates on Oct 27, 2007, 01:37:44 PM
Quote from: gameoverman on Oct 27, 2007, 01:26:28 PM
Yes, but that doesn't answer my second question:

QuoteBesides, why would the Queen lay a queen-facehugger if there already is a queen?

Well that one doesn't have an in-film answer, so the best we could do is speculate...here are two reasons I personally like:

A. For an emergency situation, or the hive is presently being threatened and she craps one out quickly for back up as Spud mentioned

Yes but if she doesn't make the egg in time she is screwed. 

Quoteand...

B. In keeping with the original film's take on aliens, they have a predetermined, short lifespan...so she craps one out for her inevitable expiration...this way the hive can continue to flourish with a new 'mother'...

This is no different than having the Queen live forever.  Both assume there is already a functioning hive in the first place.

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Oct 27, 2007, 01:41:12 PM
Quote from: gameoverman on Oct 27, 2007, 01:38:15 PM
Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Oct 27, 2007, 01:33:22 PM
I was always more a fan of the idea that Aliens could feed a new Alien royal jelly to create a Queen, but Alien 3 kinda ruins that for me.  :)
Well your idea makes even less sense than barfing.  What if there is no Queen?  Then you have no royal jelly.
Royal jelly doesn't come from a Queen.  Worker bees secrete it.

Now your idea is getting even worse.  If every alien can secrete the royal jelly, why don't they all become queens?

Gates

Gates

Quote from: gameoverman on Oct 27, 2007, 01:43:03 PM
[...] Both assume there is already a functioning hive in the first place.

That wasn't part of your original question...you asked, "why would the Queen lay a queen-facehugger if there already is a queen?"...and I gave you two speculative answers... ;)

And you didn't tell me where you saw a dead alien egg in Alien...

gameoverman

gameoverman

Quote from: Gates on Oct 27, 2007, 01:49:27 PM
Quote from: gameoverman on Oct 27, 2007, 01:43:03 PM
[...] Both assume there is already a functioning hive in the first place.

That wasn't part of your original question...you asked, "why would the Queen lay a queen-facehugger if there already is a queen?"...and I gave you two speculative answers... ;)

Yes, and the question still stands.  Sorry, but your answers aren't satisfactory.  ;)

QuoteAnd you didn't tell me where you saw a dead alien egg in Alien...

When Kane is being lowered into the egg chamber - only one section has the stasis fields.  All of the other eggs look deformed - like in the game AVP2 - you see those eggs are obviously expired.

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Oh my, how some people forget these days, yet I distinctly remember a time when Aliens came out in 1986 and the distaste for the introduction of the Alien Queen.  Ok, there was no internet back then, but there were plenty of other ways to communicate, like through the ALENS comics around at the time, and there were a LOT of people who felt that an Alien Queen who "layed eggs" seriously screwed with their vision of the originl ALIEN life-cycle.

The gripe back then was thie reproduction process just wasnt "alien" enough for some people, adding to the fact many even then new about the Dalllas/Brett cocoon sequence.  Like today people asked questions such as  "what happened to the other Space Jockeys?" and "Where do the eggs come from?", and when you think about it, what could be more alien than a creature that procreates using its victims, then that creation goes on to do something even more terriifying.  On reflectiom, the introduction of the Alien Queen was a straight foward answer to the aliens life-cycle, to which those who shook their heads at have accepted over the years, partly because the cocoon sequence (which should never have been removed IMO) was by then considered canon.  

And now we have a "similar" thing all over again, only this time the reproduction process is a direct result of the new creature, a Predailen who is presumably a Queen able to bypass the egg-laying and facehugging stages in favour of implanting her victims herself.  If this is what the Strauss Brothers meant by taking the Alien part back to its roots I have to say I absolutlely love this idea.  Its a disgusting... almost like being face-hugged but you (presumably) know its coming... and if its done as a requirement of the Aliens life-cycle and the start of something, Im quite happy with it.  But thats the thing isnt it.... are we seeing (in Pic 4) the beginning of a completely new alien reproduction process thats related only to the predator, which isnt a bad idea, it'l be interesting to see how it pans out as we know there are Huggers in the movie, and that one of them is different to those seen in the Red Band trailer.

As for the design of the Predalien, I think its ok, but Im with most peoples gripes so wont go into that.  But I do feel assuming this is a Queen, the creature just isnt BIG enough and should not be a man in a suite at all.  Its also too Predator-like, and too different from the original Alien Queen for my liking.  You'd have thought for example the Predalien Queen would also have 4 arms like the original, which has nothing to do with it been born from a human (Ripley in Alien 3) so why should it be any diferent from a Predator?  

Just one last comment before I sign off.....is the Predalien actually a "hybrid"??  Ok I know what your saying, but think about it ok!  If thi is the same creature from the first AVP, then how can it be a hybrid when its actually part of the Aliens own life cycle??  The Queen from ALIEN3 and probably ALIIENS too were born the same way, yet they are not classed as hybrid, and all this despite the fact we all know being hybrid means any kind of cross-breed or something made up from a variety of sources.  As far as we know from AvP the Predalien Queen was created via a host like any other alien, only the embryo is different, and pressumably requires the supposed DNA reflex theory to develoip.  If this is the case, shoudnt the new creature simply be the "Predalien Queen"?

Maybe there is more to this "new" creature than meets the eye.. we'll have to wait and see....

PredJaspert

PredJaspert

holy crap, people are still arguing about this? some of you need some sleep.

Bad Replicant

Bad Replicant

Anybody else suspect the Predalien maybe able to impregnate one host with multiple embryos, possibly leading to the group of bursters seen in the green band trailer? :-[ 

Just an idea. Hopefully it won't turn out that way...

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: The Leader on Oct 27, 2007, 01:58:53 PM
Anybody else suspect the Predalien maybe able to impregnate one host with multiple embryos, possibly leading to the group of bursters seen in the green band trailer? :-[ 

Just an idea. Hopefully it won't turn out that way...
I would have no problem with that.

Gates

Gates

Quote from: gameoverman on Oct 27, 2007, 01:53:51 PM
Sorry, but your answers aren't satisfactory.  ;)

Well yes, they won't be because we haven't had an in-film explanation for it... :P

When Kane is being lowered into the egg chamber - only one section has the stasis fields.  All of the other eggs look deformed - like in the game AVP2 - you see those eggs are obviously expired.

I never considered those things to be alien eggs, just something else in the ship (or complex) inventory...aside from the game has that been confirmed in any DVD commentary because I don't remember anything being said about them or is that just speculation on your end?

gameoverman

gameoverman

Quote from: RoaryUK on Oct 27, 2007, 01:56:02 PMAs for the design of the Predalien, I think its ok, but Im with most peoples gripes so wont go into that.  But I do feel assuming this is a Queen, the creature just isnt BIG enough and should not be a man in a suite at all.  Its also too Predator-like, and too different from the original Alien Queen for my liking.  You'd have thought for example the Predalien Queen would also have 4 arms like the original, which has nothing to do with it been born from a human (Ripley in Alien 3) so why should it be any diferent from a Predator? 

Just one last comment before I sign off.....is the Predalien actually a "hybrid"??  Ok I know what your saying, but think about it ok!  If thi is the same creature from the the first AVP, then how can it be a hybrid when its actually part of the Aliens own life cycle??  The Queen from ALIEN3 and probably ALIIENS too were born the same way, yet they are not classed as hybrid, and all this despite the fact we all know being hybrid means any kind of cross-breed or something made up from a variety of sources.  As far as we know, the Alien Queen is created via a host the same as any alien, only the embryo is different, and pressumably requires the supposed DNA reflex theory to develoip, if this is the case shoudnt the new creature simply be the "Predalien Queen?

There is no evidence whatsoever from the movies to back up the idea that the Queen embryo doesn't take DNA traits from it's host.  The only reason why we have seen the same overall Queen design is that they were all born from humans.

Quote from: Gates on Oct 27, 2007, 02:06:54 PM
Sorry, but your answers aren't satisfactory.  ;)

Well yes, they won't be because we haven't had an in-film explanation for it... :P

No, as I explained, your answers just are not very logical.  Please don't take that badly, I'm just trying to debate here.  :P

I never considered those things to be alien eggs, just something else in the ship (or complex) inventory...aside from the game has that been confirmed in any DVD commentary because I don't remember anything being said about them or is that just speculation on your end?

They are eggs - seriously, what else could they be?  They have to be dead alien eggs otherwise there is no reason for the Space Jockey to use a stasis field.

Johnny Handsome

Just watched it, those are eggs for sure, hundreds of them.

gameoverman

gameoverman

Here is the scene, brightened up a bit.  As you can see, there is only one section that has the stasis field.  Also, the other eggs look different to the ones in the stasis chamber.

Gremlien

Gremlien

Quote from: RoaryUK on Oct 27, 2007, 01:56:02 PM
Oh my, how some people forget these days, yet I distinctly remember a time when Aliens came out in 1986 and the distaste for the introduction of the Alien Queen.  Ok, there was no internet back then, but there were plenty of other ways to communicate, like through the ALENS comics around at the time, and there were a LOT of people who felt that an Alien Queen who "layed eggs" seriously screwed with their vision of the originl ALIEN life-cycle.

The gripe back then was thie reproduction process just wasnt "alien" enough for some people, adding to the fact many even then new about the Dalllas/Brett cocoon sequence.  Like today people asked questions such as  "what happened to the other Space Jockeys?" and "Where do the eggs come from?", and when you think about it, what could be more alien than a creature that procreates using its victims, then that creation goes on to do something even more terriifying.  On reflectiom, the introduction of the Alien Queen was a straight foward answer to the aliens life-cycle, to which those who shook their heads at have accepted over the years, partly because the cocoon sequence (which should never have been removed IMO) was by then considered canon.  

And now we have a "similar" thing all over again, only this time the reproduction process is a direct result of the new creature, a Predailen who is presumably a Queen able to bypass the egg-laying and facehugging stages in favour of implanting her victims herself.  If this is what the Strauss Brothers meant by taking the Alien part back to its roots I have to say I absolutlely love this idea.  Its a disgusting... almost like being face-hugged but you (presumably) know its coming... and if its done as a requirement of the Aliens life-cycle and the start of something, Im quite happy with it.  But thats the thing isnt it.... are we seeing (in Pic 4) the beginning of a completely new alien reproduction process thats related only to the predator, which isnt a bad idea, it'l be interesting to see how it pans out as we know there are Huggers in the movie, and that one of them is different to those seen in the Red Band trailer.

As for the design of the Predalien, I think its ok, but Im with most peoples gripes so wont go into that.  But I do feel assuming this is a Queen, the creature just isnt BIG enough and should not be a man in a suite at all.  Its also too Predator-like, and too different from the original Alien Queen for my liking.  You'd have thought for example the Predalien Queen would also have 4 arms like the original, which has nothing to do with it been born from a human (Ripley in Alien 3) so why should it be any diferent from a Predator?  

Just one last comment before I sign off.....is the Predalien actually a "hybrid"??  Ok I know what your saying, but think about it ok!  If thi is the same creature from the first AVP, then how can it be a hybrid when its actually part of the Aliens own life cycle??  The Queen from ALIEN3 and probably ALIIENS too were born the same way, yet they are not classed as hybrid, and all this despite the fact we all know being hybrid means any kind of cross-breed or something made up from a variety of sources.  As far as we know from AvP the Predalien Queen was created via a host like any other alien, only the embryo is different, and pressumably requires the supposed DNA reflex theory to develoip.  If this is the case, shoudnt the new creature simply be the "Predalien Queen"?

Maybe there is more to this "new" creature than meets the eye.. we'll have to wait and see....

That post was made of pure "yes."

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed