Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,354,580 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Give the man a cigar!!!

SM

SM

Nah that's not it - though it was a lot like Starship Troopers...

severen76

severen76

Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 24, 2011, 01:38:02 AM
Quote from: First Blood on Feb 23, 2011, 02:50:35 PM
Quote from: Remonster on Feb 23, 2011, 01:49:33 PM
Nash had a Mossberg 500 Cruiser that I wish had gotten a little more action before he died. All that firepower and it didn't last past maybe half an hour on the island :C

That's one of the many reasons why I disliked JP3. They're portrayed as these tough guys in the airfield and get wiped out almost as soon as they land on the island.

Why should that make you dislike it? It just shows that these guys didn't really understand what they were getting themselves into.

It shows that brilliantly with Cooper. He's a quietly confident bad ass on the plane, then 5 minutes later he's running through the jungle crying, trying to get away from the spinosaurus.
Quote from: SM on Feb 24, 2011, 02:01:36 AM

Aliens.

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 24, 2011, 01:38:02 AM
Nash had a Mossberg 500 Cruiser that I wish had gotten a little more action before he died. All that firepower and it didn't last past maybe half an hour on the island :C

That's one of the many reasons why I disliked JP3. They're portrayed as these tough guys in the airfield and get wiped out almost as soon as they land on the island.

Why should that make you dislike it? It just shows that these guys didn't really understand what they were getting themselves into.

It would have been nice if they lived a little longer, instead of getting killed in one collective swoop. Plus, like Grant I found Macy irritating as hell.

SM

SM

Quote from: SM on Feb 24, 2011, 02:01:36 AM

Aliens.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Well, of course it was Aliens. I wasn't being serious with ST. :P

Sso02V

Sso02V

Nobody ever gets to shoot any dinosaurs. They bring a whole army of mercenaries to the island and they don't take a single dinosaur with them when they get horribly killed. Are they afraid that hippies will complain?

How much better of an ending would it have been to have the Spinosaurus charge onto the beach at the end and just get leveled by all that firepower sitting right there? Certainly beats it just up and disappearing.

Sylizar

Sylizar

I think it`s a little smarter than that.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I never understood the big ending of Jurassic Park III. Never. Y'now, an Helicopter or just a boat wasn't enough? THREE AMPHIBIAN VEHICLES? At least 20 soldiers?
Seriously?

Shasvre

Shasvre

Maybe they thought they would have to search the island for them? Better get some firepower if that's the case.

Airidok

Airidok

They would never deploy ground forces on an island that big. They'd do SAR by air before risking dozens of lives for several civilians who illegally trespessed on the island and who were likely dead based on their status at the end of the call to Ellie. The movie was brain dead. Killing off the T-Rex? In the DVD special features they said their only goal was to 'out-do the other films in every way,' that should tell you everything. They weren't trying to make a good film, like the first two did, they were trying to make a movie about dinosaur fights, and anything in-between was superfluous tripe to them, as made evident by the final product. And deprecating the Ian Malcom character with that two-second reference was a cheap shot at the first two films, that is essentially supposed to tell the audience that they were idiots for liking the first two movies.

Maybe I'm extra-defensive because the first two movies defined my love of dinosaurs as a toddler/child, but JPIII was one horrible movie. Bringing Alan Grant back and changing him into a self-righteous, petty, and reluctant hero? They had him take a complete 360 from the Grant in the first movie.

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Feb 24, 2011, 12:27:52 PM
I never understood the big ending of Jurassic Park III. Never. Y'now, an Helicopter or just a boat wasn't enough? THREE AMPHIBIAN VEHICLES? At least 20 soldiers?
Seriously?

Yeah...and they kinda just appear out of thin air as well.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

"Yeah, uh, we were told there were nuclear missile silos here?"

Ellie, back on the mainland...
Spoiler
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed