Started by Thatguy2068, Apr 04, 2024, 12:19:30 AM

How do you feel about sexual themes in Alien franchise

I would like it no matter what
Depends on how it done
No Opinion
Prefer it be not in the movie
I would despise it
Author
How do you feel about sexual themes in Alien franchise (Read 2,381 times)

xShadowFoxX

ARRRRRRRRRRR!!!As a guest, you cannot see attachments. Please login.

E. Shaw

Quote from: xShadowFoxX on Apr 06, 2024, 06:45:05 PMARRRRRRRRRRR!!!As a guest, you cannot see attachments. Please login.

Haha

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 06, 2024, 06:07:46 PMYou know, if we get really lucky, the Dark Woman might become the new face of the franchise.  Wouldn't that be cool?

Better than this one, which is the current face of the franchise

:'(

Local Trouble

Tough call.  Everyone loves that image.

426Buddy

Its the best that particular design will ever look in my opinion. Unfortunate that its the worst design in the series.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 06, 2024, 09:27:48 PMTough call.  Everyone loves that image.

It's like cheap wine on ℭ𝔬𝔠𝔞 - ℭ𝔬𝔩𝔞!!!!

🥤🍷 >:(👉👈

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Apr 06, 2024, 06:44:32 PMI will kill you all.

Here here!!!  :)🙏

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: 426Buddy on Apr 06, 2024, 09:30:16 PMIts the best that particular design will ever look in my opinion. Unfortunate that its the worst design in the series.

I'd argue that the design looks better painted brown and lathered in goop in Resurrection than it does in any shot (or promotional still) from AVP. It is still easily the second worst Alien design in the franchise (AVPR's is the absolute bottom of the barrel worst, in my opinion), but it at least has some merit for looking the way it does in Resurrection (no merit at all for retaining that design for AVP, however), and it's photographed really well and has some presence to it when it is on screen in Resurrection.

Covenant does "fleshy Alien" much better overall, though.

426Buddy

The brown does nothing for me honestly, prefer the AvP version myself. Also I always hated their posture in AR, holding their arms back and such.

...and I forgot about the AvPR design. You are right, that is the worst in the series.

SM

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Apr 06, 2024, 09:27:10 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 06, 2024, 06:07:46 PMYou know, if we get really lucky, the Dark Woman might become the new face of the franchise.  Wouldn't that be cool?

Every Alien tattoo ever.

Immortan Jonesy

Indeed! :'(

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 06, 2024, 09:38:29 PMCovenant does "fleshy Alien" much better overall, though.

This! ;)🙏

The future is biomechanical...just like the ancient past!

;)👉👈

aliens13

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 06, 2024, 09:38:29 PM
Quote from: 426Buddy on Apr 06, 2024, 09:30:16 PMIts the best that particular design will ever look in my opinion. Unfortunate that its the worst design in the series.

I'd argue that the design looks better painted brown and lathered in goop in Resurrection than it does in any shot (or promotional still) from AVP. It is still easily the second worst Alien design in the franchise (AVPR's is the absolute bottom of the barrel worst, in my opinion), but it at least has some merit for looking the way it does in Resurrection (no merit at all for retaining that design for AVP, however), and it's photographed really well and has some presence to it when it is on screen in Resurrection.

Covenant does "fleshy Alien" much better overall, though.
At least in Resurrection there's an reason to the Alien being like this for the mix with Human DNA. In AvP there's no reason to be like that, but since AvP isn't canon so I don't really care

Thatguy2068

Is there like a different way that we can do sexual themes in another way with the Xenomorph?

E. Shaw

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Apr 06, 2024, 09:27:10 PM

That is why I said the Xeno should be the Chief (focal face) and The Dark Woman like Cortana who we want to see more of.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Apr 06, 2024, 11:43:44 PMIs there like a different way that we can do sexual themes in another way with the Xenomorph?

We need a cult of Trans Arturians/or synthetic Humans with lewd rituals that idolize the Alien as a deity...

E. Shaw

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Apr 06, 2024, 11:55:42 PM
Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Apr 06, 2024, 11:43:44 PMIs there like a different way that we can do sexual themes in another way with the Xenomorph?

We need a cult of Trans Arturians/or synthetic Humans with lewd rituals that idolize the Alien as a deity...

Synths who worship Xenos would be awesome!
"Children of David, we worship thee! Perfect Organism! Pure gods make us new!"

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed