Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 847,058 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse

Excellent.

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

Gladiator

One of the things I like about it is such a tough warrior is also a spiritual man.

Stitch

Stitch

The Boogeyman

Saw this with my girlfriend last night. Excellent film. Shot and edited well, maintaining tension throughout. Made me think that this is the movie The Babadook wanted to be.

The Flash
Fun movie. Batman was amazing. I'd watch it again.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Punisher: War Zone

The Bunk should have walked in at the end, looked at Jigsaw's corpse, and said "You happy now, bitch?"  :laugh:

Overall not unwatchable, but could have been so much more.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Father and Guns

Decent comedy, a bit like the therapy scene from Austin Powers stretched to 100 minutes and in Canadian French.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Moonrise Kingdom

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Stitch on Jun 18, 2023, 03:47:26 AMThe Flash

Saw this earlier today. Was definitely fun and had a lot of charm and even some real emotion behind it. Keaton stole the show for sure.

Spoiler
Where the hell does this leave the DC universe now with that Clooney cameo though?
[close]

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Prez on Jun 19, 2023, 05:23:43 AM
Quote from: Stitch on Jun 18, 2023, 03:47:26 AMThe Flash

Saw this earlier today. Was definitely fun and had a lot of charm and even some real emotion behind it. Keaton stole the show for sure.

Spoiler
Where the hell does this leave the DC universe now with that Clooney cameo though?
[close]
Spoiler
Nowhere. Absolutely nowhere.
[close]

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Waterworld

While there's no denying this movie always leaves me feeling like it's nowhere near as good as it could/should have been, in today's age of ubiquitous CGI-fests the sheer scale of practical moviemaking on display here is simply staggering to behold. Even many of the more rudimentary scenes are impressive, but the atoll attack sequence in particular is just mental.

I mean, sure, there's a ton of stuff in this that makes absolutely no sense (why the f**k would dirt be the world's most valuable currency?) but you can't say it's not memorable.

(I watched this on my recently acquired Arrow Blu-ray, so at some point in the not too distant future I plan on checking out the extended cut, which I've never seen.)

City Hunter Yautja

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: Darwinsgirl on Jun 17, 2023, 03:20:04 PMGladiator

One of the things I like about it is such a tough warrior is also a spiritual man.

Indeed, "what we do in life echoes in eternity."

Stitch

Stitch

The Infernal Machine
Pretty good psychological thriller. Guy Pearce is really good as an author with a stalker. And a Yorkshire accent for some reason. A good one, but still an odd choice, with no reasoning behind it.

Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse
Good film. Fantastic animation. By the end, though, I did feel like maybe it was a bit bloated, and the important points could have been condensed, instead of splitting the movie in two

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Traffic (2000)

Dog Day Afternoon

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Reign of Fire

I had forgotten Gerard Butler was in this.  :laugh:

Prez

Prez

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 21, 2023, 09:01:27 PMReign of Fire

I had forgotten Gerard Butler was in this.  :laugh:

Underrated film.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Transformers: Rise of the Beasts

Star Wars The Prequel Trilogy

The Flash

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed