ALIEN: The Weyland-Yutani Report (S.D. Perry, 160 pages)

Started by Cvalda, Nov 23, 2013, 05:33:45 AM

Author
ALIEN: The Weyland-Yutani Report (S.D. Perry, 160 pages) (Read 396,203 times)

Darwinsgirl

Quote from: locusta on Sep 02, 2014, 07:46:39 PM
What I know, it will be in all copies and in his blood. Hope does not get too pale. ;)

Reminiscent of the Kiss Comic that had members blood added to the ink...

Local Trouble

Quote from: locusta on Sep 02, 2014, 07:46:39 PMWhat I know, it will be in all copies and in his blood. Hope does not get too pale. ;)

They have to dilute it anyway or it'll corrode the paper like molecular acid.

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: SM on Sep 02, 2014, 08:35:50 AM
Quote from: sd perry on Sep 02, 2014, 07:50:47 AMAnd in case anyone cares, I did NOT call Mister Jones "Jonesy" in the bill of health.

Straight from the Perry's mouth.

:)

Well, there's me, un-displeased!  ;D

sd perry

So, Corporal Hicks asked if I could hang out here for a couple of days to answer questions. Happy to do so; I'll check in every day for the rest of the week, at least. Feel free to ask whatever. And I totally agree with locusta--whatever the price, I'm also proud to be connected to this project. Being the voice of Weyland Yutani was great fun, and the layout they sent me to caption was awesome; I'm sure it's an amazing book.

locusta

Quote from: sd perry on Sep 03, 2014, 03:19:44 AM
So, Corporal Hicks asked if I could hang out here for a couple of days to answer questions. Happy to do so; I'll check in every day for the rest of the week, at least. Feel free to ask whatever. And I totally agree with locusta--whatever the price, I'm also proud to be connected to this project. Being the voice of Weyland Yutani was great fun, and the layout they sent me to caption was awesome; I'm sure it's an amazing book.

That´s great and wonderful to hear. Many thanks for that.

I for myself feel relieved as well, to finally be able to talk about it, after such a long time of keeping silent. There are quite some stories to tell, but sure there will be the right occasion for it.

SM

Hi Danelle - it's Scott here.

Glad you can answer questions - I'm too frightened of Fox NDAs.  :)

HuDaFuK

Quote from: sd perry on Sep 03, 2014, 03:19:44 AMSo, Corporal Hicks asked if I could hang out here for a couple of days to answer questions. Happy to do so; I'll check in every day for the rest of the week, at least. Feel free to ask whatever.

Good news! I'll have to think of something to ask.

Quote from: sd perry on Sep 03, 2014, 03:19:44 AMAnd I totally agree with locusta--whatever the price, I'm also proud to be connected to this project. Being the voice of Weyland Yutani was great fun, and the layout they sent me to caption was awesome; I'm sure it's an amazing book.

I'm sure the regular version will be more affordable. I just can't justify spending £200 on a book, no matter how awesome it looks.

Corporal Hicks

Thanks for staying around, Danelle. I assume that there will be a standard edition too? Seems a little daft to not.

One thing I'm curious about is the Space Beast segments. How big are they?

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Thanks for agreeing to answer a few questions for us, rabid fans, Ms. Perry. We've been trying to extract information from SM via various questionable means such as torture, bribery, coercion/extortion, trickery and cranial USB port but alas it was all to no avail.

He did however let slip that Fox is apparently now taking a more serious stance on what it considers "canon". The features blurb mentions that material from Prometheus, Alien, Aliens, Alien 3, and Alien Resurrection were used. Will it also incorporate material or elements from the "EU" such as the recent Alien novels (Sea of Sorrows, Out of the Shadows) and games such as Alien: Isolation and Aliens: Colonial Marines?

Does the book include an official canonical timeline?

There appears to be a fair amount of technical illustrations in the book and again the blurb mentions "extensive information on the characters, locations, vehicles, and weapons from the movies, along with an in-depth breakdown of the Xenomorph's life cycle." Will it therefore follow a similar format to the "Aliens Colonial Marines Technical Manual"?

Will it address any of the films unexplained mysteries such as the egg on the Sulaco (Alien 3), Egg-morphing vs. the Queen Alien, the box Alien, Fifield and Milburn getting lost, whether Xenomorphs were engineered or naturally occurring, the Walmart buyout of Weyland-Yutani and the confusion surrounding the various incarnations of Bishop and Weyland CEO's (the so-called Weyland Effect™)?

That's all I can think of for now and thanks again for taking the time to give us a better idea of what to expect in the book.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 03, 2014, 08:29:05 AMOne thing I'm curious about is the Space Beast segments. How big are they?

I'm curious about that too. It's probably the thing that most caught my eye on that list.

USG Ishimura

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Sep 03, 2014, 11:24:10 AM
There appears to be a fair amount of technical illustrations in the book and again the blurb mentions "extensive information on the characters, locations, vehicles, and weapons from the movies, along with an in-depth breakdown of the Xenomorph's life cycle." Will it therefore follow a similar format to the "Aliens Colonial Marines Technical Manual"?

I do know that in the hardware illustrations at least such as the Dropship and APC cutaways there has been a huge amount of effort put in to ensure cohesiveness between different sources that have gone before, such as the Tech Manual, what is seen in the movie and behind the scenes photos, the Nostromo print that was released with Alien: Vault, and the APC print that will be provided with pre-orders of Hollywood Collectible Group's APC model out later in the year. John R. Mullaney has done a stella job of the illustrations worked on for this book, really superb.
Like everyone else I haven't seen the rest of the book yet, but from the small amounts I have seen I'm very much looking forward to it from a fan perspective.

Best,

- USG Ishimura (aka 'Space Jockey' on Aliens Legacy, Propsummit forums)

Local Trouble

Does the Weyland-Yutani in this book pre or post-date Alien Resurrection?

Darwinsgirl

Greetings Ms. Perry :)

Since this is the first book to include Prometheus in the ALIEN universe. Will there be more insight to the origin of the ALIEN? Weylan Yutani's first knowledge of the signal or encounter with the species? Was this an engineered bio weapon?...a species from??? Or are these to remain a mystery to be solved?

(this almost sounds like it could be an ad teaser for the book! :D)

FiorinaFury161

Quote from: Local Trouble on Sep 03, 2014, 05:22:13 PM
Does the Weyland-Yutani in this book pre or post-date Alien Resurrection?
I sincerely hope pre-date.

SM

SM

QuoteFeatures material from Prometheus,  Alien,  Aliens,  Alien 3, and Alien Resurrection and is one of the first books to bring the worlds of Prometheus  and the Alien  films together.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed