Gears of War

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 09, 2006, 08:30:58 PM

Author
Gears of War (Read 17,507 times)

G.C. Samaras

G.C. Samaras

Just a heads up, I sold my copy of Gears of War for $50 (CAD). It looked like a good game but I cannot give money nor time for the Xbox 360.

carlp06

carlp06

Does gears of wars graphics surpass any of the PS3's games.???

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

i got a 360 for xmas and gears... Awesome... Just amazing...

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

beat it... loved it... now its time for online games!

CELTICPRED

CELTICPRED

Gears of War looks better than any PS3 game I have seen.  The level design in incredible, the framerate is spot on, and the textures are hi-res. 

Online, I don't care for.  I prefer Halo 2 online myself.

As for the game itself, the gameplay is superb, the levels and the models are just so f**king icredible to look at.  And it isn't the same random textures over and over like you see in Halo 2, you see bricks placed near corners, papers sitting crumpled in corners, it's f**king icredible.

The ps3 can suck my white ass.

BrokenTusk

BrokenTusk

from Cliff B. the maker of the game, they said they were going to make sequels for it, since it has done so well.

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

if anyone wants to play with or against me online message me and i will give ya my gamertag

DB

DB

Quote from: CELTICPRED on Jan 09, 2007, 05:28:36 AMGears of War looks better than any PS3 game I have seen.  The level design in incredible, the framerate is spot on, and the textures are hi-res.

I haven't seen any PS3 games but I can say that GoW looks beyond amazing. I don't find it all that good, mind you, but it looks great.

QuoteThe ps3 can suck my white hispanic ass.

Word. 8)

wolfboy

wolfboy

GoW looks really awesome. I wish I could play it but I'm not gonna get 360. Sorry, PS3 for me (I needs me my Final Fantasy)

For a PS fan, GoW has the best graphics I've ever seen...on any console. Any that say otherwise are just delusional.

xenopred66

xenopred66

only one problem with this game.................its way too short on all diffculties

DB

DB

I gave this game another try. It was pretty cool. Nothing I find beyond amazing, but still good. The campaign is probably what I like the least, even in Co-op. But I love the control scheme. In most shooters on consoles it's a bitch to aim with the sticks. But the way the game is setup you can aim much more accurately.

I've only played a tad of multiplayer but from what I played and saw it's a blast. It's probably one of the best designed multiplayer games I've ever seen.

BrokenTusk

BrokenTusk

Co-Op is simply the best as Dom said before "This is going to be awesome!"

~Jarrecko~

~Jarrecko~

I'd get it but, unfortunately(or fortunately from my point) I got a Nintendo Wii instead.

BrokenTusk

BrokenTusk

would have until I stop liking Zelda TP, still you got a pretty cool system. I think I just changes my intrests in video games, I like playing as Cyborgs, marines, and jedi rather then plumbers and elves, reason why I got the 360.

CELTICPRED

CELTICPRED

True, GOW's campaign is relatively short on easy, but on hardcore difficulty they sometimes double and triple the enemies, which adds hours to gameplay.

They need to work on better team a.i., including dom, who is one dumb son of a bitch.

I love online once I finally got used to it, I'd get raped in the first minute but now I'm holding my own, I don't really play to win the game, moreso for just the achievements, which are a bitch to get.

I've only got saw and fag tag kills.  Working on headshots, executions, and stomps.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed