RoboCop (Rogue City)

Started by BlueMarsalis79, Jul 08, 2022, 01:14:53 PM

Author
RoboCop (Rogue City) (Read 3,346 times)

BenditlikeBeckum

BenditlikeBeckum

Quote from: Stitch on Oct 04, 2023, 05:18:29 PMenemies aren't bullet sponges, and as long as the developers have fixed the bugs
As far as you know? Didn't you see the beta footage? or are you going by marketing statement. And what bugs are you talking about? the game hasn't been released. Or is this just a quick over-statement to quell my speculations? Im sure a walkthrough will show  wether the gameplay changes as you progress. It seems like a wasted opportunity to not do a deadeye from RDR2 for this game since there already is slow motion.

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: BenditlikeBeckum on Oct 06, 2023, 02:38:51 PM
Quote from: Stitch on Oct 04, 2023, 05:18:29 PMenemies aren't bullet sponges, and as long as the developers have fixed the bugs
As far as you know? Didn't you see the beta footage? or are you going by marketing statement. And what bugs are you talking about? the game hasn't been released. Or is this just a quick over-statement to quell my speculations? Im sure a walkthrough will show  wether the gameplay changes as you progress. It seems like a wasted opportunity to not do a deadeye from RDR2 for this game since there already is slow motion.
Not just based on videos. Can't go into it until the game is released.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Anyone try the demo yet? Still downloading here

BenditlikeBeckum

BenditlikeBeckum

Just played the first part and now in the precinct. 

There is alot about this demo that I admire.
1. there are different types of gameplay available to make you feel immersed in this Robocop universe.
2. although its not as serious as I thought it would be, its a take on the franchise that plays out like a cartoon when it comes to enemies that's 18+ in terms of violence which isn't really suitable for under 18 but it builds on the fanbase of those who are obviously 18+ if you can still consider it a fanbase (more so a nastolgia). Moralistically its very grounded in procedural type narrative. I like that a lot even though it is pretty standard stuff and that the game slightly written for those who aren't very engaged with that sort of thing. So that's a good opener for younger audiences. I never watched the RoboCop cartoon in 1988 but I'm sure someone will draw comparisons. I'm kind of hoping for some knods to the reboot but that's so insignificant at this point.
3. There is some weird stuff going on in the graphics (mainly the reflection surfaces of the streets) which is my only gripe. They need to buff that out as well as other preloading issues each time you open up areas of the map as there is a huge noticeable one time stutter. But they also mention that in their notes on steam today so I hope they fix it.
4. It feels like a novel idea and reads like one. Everything from being a 'cop' or a 'robocop' it makes you feel like you're invested in it. So kudos to the writers for that.
5. It would be an incredible opportunity for them to document their teams' effort because its definitely a cool project that doesn't really have a huge budget. You can tell this by noticing the Menu for upgrades. Its so photoshop that someone could have designed this game in the early 2000s and you just have to deal with it not having much sparkle.
Its worth while to document this as it could be a real boost to promoting game development as a career since you need to start somewhere, right?
6. The moment you're in the streets you position yourself as a real cop. There are procedures involved and that's great but there are moments of empathy during civilian encounters and dialogue that will make you wonder if your choices in the conversational parts might change the conclusion in the end (like a real mass effect type of end game).
7. there are stuff you can't do because you haven't done your upgrades. So early in the game where choices and scans can't be made, it makes me wonder if there is a way to do it properly or maybe there is a new game plus that allows you pick up clues quicker.
I'd say this falls along the same lines as PHG if PHG were a role playing game rather than an online PVP. There is certainly value in this game as a sophomore effort or those who empathize with sophomore efforts.
There is an emphasis on polish to certain aspects to this game. It tells me they made some obvious sacrifices.

Wweyland

Wweyland

I had some serious performance issues, the framerate dropped to 20-30 FPS, making it somewhat unplayable. I will have to tinker with the settings a bit more, and I hope its more optimized for the final release.

BenditlikeBeckum

BenditlikeBeckum

oh yeah, forgot to mention each time I shoot a guy dead it freezes a moment but only in the first portion of the demo. I had to play the game at 1080p windowed. It was awkward with an RTX 12gb video card.

Wweyland

Wweyland

They still have a few months to optimize this. I also thought that the voice actor for Lewis was terrible, and really out of place next to Peter Weller returning.

DarthJoker45

DarthJoker45

Wweyland

Wweyland

Wait, it's out now? Oh shit, it's November already.
And getting much better reviews than Terminator!

Stitch

Stitch

I did some of the beta testing so I knew it would be.

Wweyland

Wweyland

I will for a bit of a discount though, perhaps will snatch it up at Christmas.

Kimo

Kimo

Is this game worth £45 or should i wait for it to drop to £20?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed