AvP Franchise Dead, Long Live Predator?

Started by Darkness, Sep 22, 2008, 09:30:06 PM

Author
AvP Franchise Dead, Long Live Predator? (Read 30,413 times)

Mr. Weyland

Without a 3rd AVP film, the story feels unfinished, I saw the AVP films as a trilogy, just do one more AVP film in space already, and I wont ask for another for a long, long time.  Plus, Predator 3 has to follow up from AVP:R in some format, maybe involving that general guy or Yutani or something, maybe Predator 3 can be a bridge to a GOOD AVP film?

MrFacehug

Personally, I want them to do AvP3 rather than Predator 3. Don't take me wrong, I would love a P3 movie, but I would cry bloody tears of joy if they did an AvP movie in space. And what Fox needs to do is to bring the old badass aliens back in action. People already love Preds because of the previous AvP movies, but the aliens are not as popular with the general public anymore. So with a new AvP movie that did the aliens justice, plus the new Colonial Marines game, I think the aliens would be more popular again... ...which maybe increases the odds for an Alien 5.    ;)   Also, about the P3 movie, I'd like to see a new main character. I'm not that hyped to see a 63 year old Arnie running around. But I'd love to see him as the "old-veteran-who-faced-the-monster-before-an d-is-helping-the-main-character" type of character. And sure, he can fight a little, too.    :P  

Sheriff Eddie Morales

Ditching the AvP franchise?    ???     ???     ???   Man,they better not be ditching it cuz it's still the nicest franchise.And it will be.Especially Requiem.I don't know about a third predator movie,but sure it will be one HELL of a fun to see Arnie back terminating the next predator or the other way around....i personally prefer the first.

nish nish

nish nish

FINALLY !!!!!!!! NO MORE SHITTY AVP MOVIES!!!!!!!!!  First was alright, but second sucked big time!  DO ALIEN 5 AND PREDATOR 3,   PLEASE NO RESTARTS, REIMAGININGS OR REMAKES, REBOOTS OR PREQUELS,   JUST GOOD SEQUELS.

RakaiThwei

....Yeah, the AvP franchise is FAAAAAR from being dead. Weither so called fans out there like it or not, the Alien and Predator universes are officially ONE as of 2004's AvP and 2007's AvP-R! There is no Alien or Predator universe where both cotinuities are seperate...   IT'S ALL ONE NOW! GET USED TO IT!   Seriously AvP haters.. put up or shut up.   I'd rather see AvP3 done in space or another planet rather than Predator 3-- because all I have heard for pitches is the stupid gladiator idea with Harrigan and Dutch or McMahon's hands on Predator 3.   I'm saying NO TO PREDATOR 3!

Starkiller

AVP-R was definitely more about the predator than alien and it's boosted predator popularity, but I still think they need to make AVP3 but with the whole space setting and great script to finish the AVP franchise off, kinda like a trilogy.   If there is to be a Predator 3 it should be done after AVP3 and i dont think we need arnie back.  The Brothers Strause would be a good choice to direct Predator 3 because they are obvious predator fans    ;D  

War Wager

As long as they didn't contribute to the script I wouldn't mind.

blackhawk

Tough call.....AvP 3 or Predator 3???? hmmmm id like to see both but odds are AvP3 would come out on top to be made.

RakaiThwei

I don't get why so many people call AvP-R a "bad movie" when it was far from it. I wonder, who is calling AvP-R, such a thing. Rabid Alien fans? Movie Critics who only want comedies and feel good movies?   Who?   AvP-R is faaaar from a bad movie. It was made BY Predator fans, FOR Predator fans. And I happen to be a Predator fan, which is why I enjoyed the movie. The Strause Brothers did a good job in making the Predator more skilled in ways we never saw before.   Alien fans were treated with the original AvP, Aliens won in the first movie.   Predator won in the second film, considering Wolf got in the first killing blow.   So the score is even.    I say, AvP3 should be greenlighted... but please, use Peter Brigg's 1994 script of the comic adaptation.

predatorfandrc90

predator awesome so its a good idea and arnie rocks but their is still alot they could with avp.   8)  

predatorfandrc90

I mean come on they cant just kill avp   :'(  

nish nish

nish nish

AVP IS DEAD, GET OVER IT  TIME TO HAVE THE FRANCHISES SEPERATE

jumper

jumper

If people can not see how avp r was and is total shit........then that is sad, just sad

XxSaNdMaNxX

XxSaNdMaNxX

i love  the part were he says "I think we’ve logically done what we could’ve done with the two AVP movies" whoa if thats the best they can do with a movie that has aliens and predators then they really lame, but o well i guess it would be good to see pussy face in a solo action again...

what?

what?

There is no story for avp 3, avp 2 f**ked that up with the ending, that would ruin the Alien franchise if they pursued that shitty idea.  Those asshole brothers have no idea what the original film makers meant with the space jockey's, the Alien home world mystery or the origin of the Aliens, so I am glad there will be no avp 3, as the brothers would f**k it up even more.  I did not think it was possible to be worse than AVP 1, but AVP 2 managed that , what a shit excuse for a movie avp 2 was/is.  Make Alien 5 and Predator 3.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed