Recent posts

Alien 5 / Re: Alien V - Facts and Rumors...
Last post by solace97 - Today at 02:07:33 AM
Thank god this movie was never made.
Recreational Area / Re: Last TV Show You Watched
Last post by KiramidHead - Today at 02:01:43 AM
Twin Peaks: The Return E3-4

Some of these effects are pretty rough, good thing the overall package is otherwise great. Also, this show has the most random collection of cameos ever. I completely forgot about Meg Foster showing up.  :laugh:
Predator Films / Re: Dan Trachtenberg To Direct...
Last post by Huntsman - Today at 01:58:53 AM
A film set in the future that had the tone of the escape sequence from The Predator would have my interest.
Last post by Nostromo - Today at 01:57:37 AM

Last post by Thatguy2068 - Today at 01:54:43 AM
Quote from: skhellter on Today at 01:34:29 AMi like the idea of the alien's having culture and even being able to make art

but i'd prefer it to be really really primitive -
Like that bit in Gibson's Alien 3 where Hicks comes across an alien barricade made out of human corpses and hive gunk displayed in a weirdly artful fashion.
Yeah, I like that idea can easily fit with alien labyrinth hive scene
Last post by Nightmare Asylum - Today at 01:47:15 AM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Today at 01:41:46 AM

Ha, I actually bought a copy of that card a couple months back. Was at a card show and they had some loose singles from the original Alien set (which I only have a handful of cards from, despite having a complete Alien: Legacy base set and a near complete Alien 3 set). I've always been super impressed/captivated by the imagery on display on that card, every time I've seen it online, so I had to snatch it the second I saw one in person.
Last post by PAS Spinelli - Today at 01:46:32 AM
I think directors and writers should stop making shitty scripts with the idea of revolutionizing the franchise and explaining things and instead work with what they already had.
Last post by SiL - Today at 01:42:48 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Today at 12:01:38 AM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Yesterday at 11:55:38 PM
Quote from: SiL on Yesterday at 11:54:12 PMI'd read it as a novel or comic.

Aye, same.

Preferably with real art, if they go the comic route.

Sal Larroca then?
I think Sal is the quality the idea deserves.
Predator Films / Re: Favourite Predator Movie?
Last post by Huntsman - Today at 01:42:18 AM
Quote from: CANNON on Yesterday at 04:29:57 PMPredator. Predator. Predator. Nothing else comes close. Only movie that captures the true essence of the character while keeping viewers in a state of mystery leaving us wanting to know more. As the movie runs we learn with Dutch and the team how this creature operates, how it hunts - it's patience, how it observes and studies, how there is no wasted movement, how it uses its environment, how it mimics, how it is a trophy hunter and the danger it possesses all while making us as viewers and the characters in the movie wondering when it'll strike again. After prey - I have to add also Predator gets the design so right, it stands alone and jungle hunter will forever be a classic.

No other movie comes close other than P2.

That being said Predator. Predator. Predator.
Agree with all this, especially how it "captures the true essence of the character while keeping viewers in a state of mystery leaving us wanting to know more". It's a classic movie in every way.
Last post by Immortan Jonesy - Today at 01:41:46 AM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Today at 01:30:49 AMDug up O'Bannon's comments (as relayed by Ron Cobb here) regarding his idea about the Alien's eventual evolution into "a mild, intelligent creature, capable of art and architecture, which lives a full, scholarly life" that sprung to mind after hearing what Blomkamp was doing with the Aliens and Derelict here.

Quote"In Dan's original conception [sic] the alien race had three entirely different stages in its life-cycle. First, the egg, which is tended by third-stage adults and housed in a lower chamber of the breeding temple. When ready to hatch, the egg is placed in the middle of a sacrificial stone and a lower animal, the equivalent of an Alien cow, is then led to the stone. Sensing the warmth, the face-hugger springs out, attaches itself to the animal and deposits a fetus in the stomach. The face-hugger soon drops off and the fetus develops inside, eventually chewing its way out and killing its host. This creature, the chest-burster, is the Alien's second stage, and it simply runs about eating, mindlessly carnivorous. At this stage the creature is still controlled and nurtured by adult Aliens, until the chest-burster begins losing appendages and becomes more and more harmless. Finally, its bloodlust gone, the Alien becomes a mild, intelligent creature, capable of art and architecture, which lives a full, scholarly life of 200 years."

"At some point a cataclysm causes the extermination of the adults of this unique race leaving no one to tend and nurture the young. But in a dark lower chamber of the breeding temple a large number of eggs lie dormant, waiting to sense something warm."

"Years later, the Space Jockey's race comes to this planetoid. The Jockeys are on a mission of exploration and archeology and they are fascinated by this marvelous temple and unknown culture. One of them finds the egg chamber and gets face-hugged. He's rescued, but no one knows what's happened. They take him back to their ship and continue their exploration of the planet's surface. When the chest-burster erupts from the Jockey it goes on a killing rampage until it is shot and killed. The Alien dies, but immediately decomposes and its acid eats through the hull of the Jockey's ship, leaving them stranded on the planet. The Jockeys radio a message that there is a dangerous parasite on the planet, that nothing can be done to save them in time and that no one should attempt a rescue. Then the Jockeys slowly starve to death. Eventually, the Nostromo picks up the signal and, not knowing it's a warning, lands and starts the whole thing again."

https://mossfilm.wordpress.com/2012/09/13/alien-origins-xenomorph-mythos-revealed/

The deadly Alien being the larva of the butterfly, to culminate in a cruel but sentient Alien culture is quite Lovecraftian! :o and the Space Jockeys as those who comes before humans when it comes to encounters with the Alien species

👁🕸👁👉👈

Ok, maybe Neill wasn't the man to execute such madness, but without falling too far into Fire & Stone territory, it's still an interesting What If scenario. Even so, I would like to see Blomkamp's story in graphic novel form...it doesn't hurt anything or anyone! :-X
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed