Why did you join?

Started by §niperhawk, Nov 26, 2007, 01:47:08 AM

Author
Why did you join? (Read 85,435 times)

viendammage

viendammage

Hello!
This is my first post on the awesome AvP Galaxy Forum!  Have been a lifelong fan of Alien and Predator since seeing Aliens on CBS when I was 8 or 9.  Can't remember when I saw Predator but it being the macho take on a classic monster movie formula that it is hooked me upon first viewing.

Came across this place while reading about unproduced Predator scripts and figured it would be the premiere place to talk with fellow fans and a few experts!

IrateMulletMan

IrateMulletMan

Quote from: viendammage on May 11, 2013, 03:53:40 AM
Hello!
This is my first post on the awesome AvP Galaxy Forum!  Have been a lifelong fan of Alien and Predator since seeing Aliens on CBS when I was 8 or 9.  Can't remember when I saw Predator but it being the macho take on a classic monster movie formula that it is hooked me upon first viewing.

Came across this place while reading about unproduced Predator scripts and figured it would be the premiere place to talk with fellow fans and a few experts!

Welcome to the site! Always great to have more Aliens fans! Hope you enjoy the place!

Quote from: jedi9061 on May 02, 2013, 04:47:06 AM
Why did I join? Heck, I wasn't even interested in the Alien/Predator franchises until less than a year ago.

Well, some member on another forum which I was on was obsessed with the AvP franchise. I'm saying that as in he kept complaining how everyone thought xenomorphs were puny and that predators were protagonists. It was extremely amusing watching him ramble on amidst a thread for casual discussions.  :P Prior to meeting him, the only film I had seen involving the franchises was AvPR, which discouraged me for the while. Yet I gave the two series another chance by watching Ali3n and Predator, which turned out to be awesome. The habit of finishing the rest of the movies continues even now, and this forum seems like an ideal community to hang out with. Plus, I was looking for a place to find other PS3 players for such games like AvP (2010) and A:CM, so you can pretty much tell.

Ouch, AVP:R...not a great way to start off the series.  The others blow it out of the water for sure.  Welcome to the site, btw!

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Why did I join? Heck, I wasn't even interested in the Alien/Predator franchises until less than a year ago.

Well, some member on another forum which I was on was obsessed with the AvP franchise. I'm saying that as in he kept complaining how everyone thought xenomorphs were puny and that predators were protagonists. It was extremely amusing watching him ramble on amidst a thread for casual discussions.  :P Prior to meeting him, the only film I had seen involving the franchises was AvPR, which discouraged me for the while. Yet I gave the two series another chance by watching Ali3n and Predator, which turned out to be awesome. The habit of finishing the rest of the movies continues even now, and this forum seems like an ideal community to hang out with. Plus, I was looking for a place to find other PS3 players for such games like AvP (2010) and A:CM, so you can pretty much tell.

Don't feel bad. My intro was AvP so I didn't fare much better but then again, at that time I knew nothing about the series at large so AvP seemed like it was awesome.

Terx2

Terx2

Well at least you started from the worst and progressed to the best. Feel free to add me I try to play ACM once or twice a week.
Quote from: viendammage on May 11, 2013, 03:53:40 AM
Hello!

Glad you found it fellow alien fan. Hope you enjoy your stay :)

predator elite

predator elite

I joined just to make some friends that liked the series as well,that has not happened sadly seeing as it turns out I'm the silent type even on forums  :-\

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: predator elite on Jun 02, 2013, 07:35:16 PM
I joined just to make some friends that liked the series as well,that has not happened sadly seeing as it turns out I'm the silent type even on forums  :-\
You just have to go out there and post shit. Eventually you'll be able to make friends like that.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Find a thread that really interests you and drum up some good conversation. That's the best way to do it :)

Rankles75

Rankles75

Because I'm a huge fan of Alien and Aliens, and because I wish to spread my utter hatred of Alien 3....

Jarac

Jarac

Because I love the Alien franchise (well, the first 3 movies  :P) and no-one I know seems to care about it like I do. It's nice to have people to talk to about it without someone saying, "Oh, you mean like the Alien vs. Predator movie?"  :'(

Terx2

Terx2

Quote from: Jarac on Jun 05, 2013, 03:20:09 AM
Because I love the Alien franchise (well, the first 3 movies  :P) and no-one I know seems to care about it like I do. It's nice to have people to talk to about it without someone saying, "Oh, you mean like the Alien vs. Predator movie?"  :'(

Sounds like a majority of my friends :laugh:

Quote from: Rankles75 on Jun 03, 2013, 11:54:06 PM
I wish to spread my utter hatred of Alien 3....

Well everyone has there opinion ;) ;D

Just find a topic you like and say you opinion/voice. They'll be something out there you can open up and talk about :)

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

I decided to join bc i got tired of talking to idiots on youtube regarding deleted scenes and ludacris theories. Also, Its time to talk to actual fans regarding the most amazing sci-fi series not named Star Wars...

BR1XER

BR1XER

Quote from: Jarac on Jun 05, 2013, 03:20:09 AM
It's nice to have people to talk to about it without someone saying, "Oh, you mean like the Alien vs. Predator movie?"  :'(
Essentially what everyone believing in mainstream media says nowadays.  :'(

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Jun 10, 2013, 06:27:57 PM
I decided to join bc i got tired of talking to idiots on youtube regarding deleted scenes and ludacris theories. Also, Its time to talk to actual fans regarding the most amazing sci-fi series not named Star Wars...
I used to regard SW that way, until the outraged fans and crappy content took its toll.  :-\

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

Because I'm a huge fan of Alien and Aliens, and because I wish to spread my utter hatred of Alien 3....

You'll have to go a long way to sell your opinion of A3...ALIEN REZ (not including the AvP films) seems to hold the title "Of Most Hated) but it will be fun and possibly informative to hear your spin on this! ;)

Welcome to the site! :)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Bishop II: Android or Human? ;D

Rankles75

Rankles75

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 11, 2013, 08:08:10 PM

Bishop II: Android or Human? ;D

Could be a bunch of monkeys in disguise for all I care. That film should be stricken from all existing records. I'm not going to defend Alien Resurrection, nobody in their right mind would, but Alien 3 left it with nowhere to go. An Alien film without Ripley possibly could have worked if it focused on the other survivors of Aliens, but obviously that couldn't happen because some idiot decided to kill them all off at the very beginning of Alien 3. By then having Ripley sacrifice herself at the end, the makers of Resurrection had three options as I see it:

1. Make the film with a cast of characters that had no links to the previous films.

2. Have one of the survivors of Alien 3 (e.g Morse) take over as the main character.

3. Bring back Ripley as a clone.

Unfortunately, all these options suck. To be fair, they went with the least sucky option but it was still never going to work. By seperating the survivors at the start of Alien 3, they could have still gone with a similar storyline to that film (or a good one) and opened things up for another 1 or 2 films.  However Alien 3 was clearly created with the intention of ending the series when, in reality, such a big franchise was never going to be allowed to end with just three films. Which is why we got such an abortion of a fourth film.....

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed