Why did you join?

Started by §niperhawk, Nov 26, 2007, 01:47:08 AM

Author
Why did you join? (Read 85,962 times)

SM

SM

GG was my home on the web for a very long time.  But the Alien discussion dried up to nothing, and the general discussion areas had some very loud conservatives whose views turned my stomach, so I eventuially gave it away.

Razz

Razz

Quote from: SM on Jun 03, 2010, 01:48:19 AM
GG was my home on the web for a very long time.  But the Alien discussion dried up to nothing, and the general discussion areas had some very loud conservatives whose views turned my stomach, so I eventuially gave it away.
Thats the main reason why i left, all the political shit slinging between the same group of people was just getting samey and tiresome.

C hicks*I'm not disrespecting the place considering i've been there for 7 years heck i remember lurking a full year before i joined, I know eld and sado outside of the forums and i'm well aware what they have done for the AVP community as a whole and have so many fond memories of the place.

I don't want to sound like a typical GG dropout but the place is long dead for various. CAD running the place and causing a lot of people to migrate and never return.The same discussions and alot of in-fighting, the same political/religious debates that caused alot of tension between forumers and Pezman's total lack of dedication to the site that he created plus made admins such as Sado pretty tee'ed off because he had no way of improving the site and no access to the netcode.Yeah the whole Fox being assholes was the first nail in the coffin for the site but it wasn't the last. :'(

SM

SM

I even went back there sometime last year, but my old login didn't work.  And repeated attempts to get them to reset my password never amounted to anything, so I thought "Sod it".

Shame cos there was some good people there.  A couple like Xhan and Kimarhi ended up here.

Which is nice.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Wasn't aimed at you in particular, Razz. More at Tusks with his jealousy comment. THey can think what they want, but nostalgia will always make me respect that place. Even if the sentiment isn't returned.

I can understand. I was involved in the revival of AvPNews. After Eld left that, I was left to try and run it on my own. Being as GG was their forum, I tried to get things moving on that. Also tried to try and get a new layout and keep things alive but it was just so hard working on it my own without too much technical knowledge. I'm more of a news/content kinda guy.

But it's good to see your folk migrating over here.  :)

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

Quote from: Weyland-Yutani on Jun 02, 2010, 10:41:08 PM
Yup, it's called jealousy.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 03, 2010, 07:21:17 AM
More at Tusks with his jealousy comment.
Hey don't look at me  >:( :-[

But I actually loved there boards since I am untouched by all the bad stuff since I never noticed them.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

My apologies, Tusk. And I joined to help Darkness out.  :)

First Blood

First Blood

Originally I joined to find out info about the new AvP game, but I found out that there's a lot of fun and great people here.  :)

dallevalle

dallevalle

I joined because I'm a big predator fan and this is the best place online to go too so
there for i joined avp galaxy ^^

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

What about alien?

dallevalle

dallevalle

Quote from: MrBrokenTusks. on Jun 12, 2010, 01:17:46 PM
What about alien?

Well i love alien too :) but I'm more hyped at the moment about predator ( because of the upcoming movie predators) :) .. but yeah i love alien too he he

RazorSlash

RazorSlash

To spread my love of lovingness to you all, my loves

superdeathpredator

superdeathpredator

I joined here because I am a huge alien and predator fan. I also wanted info on the new AVP game.

bleau

bleau

I visited this site alot but joined just recently to talk on forums. Back when AVP-r was announced I used to visit Planet AVP. It's funny because right after that movie came out, there were no more postings or news or anything. I guess who ever ran that site was pretty let down by the movie and just quit. Anyways Predator and Aliens are my favorites and I also love the toys when I was younger. I still have all of them, I will never get rid of them. Now I like the statues that look ultra realistic. I am saving money to get some. But this site I got to say absolutely rocks. This is actually one of my favorite sites right now.

The forum is the best forum on the internet. I participate on blu ray.com's but man the people over there are just total as* holes. This forum here everybody respects each other, it's like were all good friends. The debates are great, no body acts like real immature or anything. The debates are good well spoken respectable debates.

The rules for the forum I like as well. The moderators are good too. I like them because thay reply on the forums and are fans them selfs. The gallery is great. All the information is really good, especially on the movies. I am not into games that much but there is so much information on everything I never get board with this site.

DARIAS93

DARIAS93

I joined here because there aren't that many Alien fans where I live, only AVP fans.  It's a shame that a lot of my friends think that the AVP movies are better than the first three Alien movies. >:(

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

First Four. ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed