Fan Reviews

Started by Darkness, Feb 14, 2010, 05:34:49 PM

Author
Fan Reviews (Read 88,485 times)

Little Sister

Little Sister

All versions PS3 Xbox360 and PC came out in 2010 here in Australia because of the rating delay still I am really enjoying this game the graphics could be a lot better but its nothing to scream at the general game-play over all I fond it to be very similar to The Darkness the creeping darkness move is a lot like when an a Alien crawling on the walls.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Why not order it online from elsewhere then?

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 02, 2010, 02:20:34 PM
I guess I'm a bit late to the party since I beat the game a few days ago, but anyway, here are my summed up feelings. This is the PS3 version.

Story: 6/10. Stark, but it works and is easy to follow. I do like how all three campaigns intermix, but they were all far too short. 7 levels? Come on.

Gameplay: 7/10. It's fun playing as the Alien or Predator. Trophy kills are always brutal and fun to watch and tehre's a certain sense of excitement that comes from watching you sneak up on a marine and ripping his head or neck off.

AI: 5/10. It's fun sneaking up on your enemies sure, but when they're all literally just walking into the same spot and dying because you're distracting them with the Alien's hiss or the Predator's voice box, it doesn't leave much in the way of a challenge. Especially when that one marine that come over to you has buddies 6 feet away who for some reason can't hear what's going on.

Graphics: 7/10. Nicely textured for sure, but the graphics were very muddy. It reminded me of Turok and that's not a good thing.

Re-playability: 8/10. At least there's stuff to go back and hunt down, if only for the sake of getting a few trophies and increasing your score.

Other comments: the Marine campaign sucked. There's no way around on that for me. It felt tacked on and I was so annoyed with the Marine's name: Rookie. Really Rebellion? You couldn't have given him something even as basic as Smith or Johnson? Ugh.

Overall: 6.5/10. Not a horrible game, but it should have been much better.

you wouldn't have likeed the ghostbusters game i think that only has 6 levels (although each one is quite long) and the MC is called rookie!

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

They mix it up in Ghostbusters though. And there's nothing quite like being addressed as "Champ", "Junior" or "Slugger" by Egon and co.  :D

But I didn't mind being called Rookie in AvP. The Marine campaign was impressive enough in other areas that I could overlook it.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: AvatarIII on Jun 30, 2010, 12:05:40 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 02, 2010, 02:20:34 PM
I guess I'm a bit late to the party since I beat the game a few days ago, but anyway, here are my summed up feelings. This is the PS3 version.

Story: 6/10. Stark, but it works and is easy to follow. I do like how all three campaigns intermix, but they were all far too short. 7 levels? Come on.

Gameplay: 7/10. It's fun playing as the Alien or Predator. Trophy kills are always brutal and fun to watch and tehre's a certain sense of excitement that comes from watching you sneak up on a marine and ripping his head or neck off.

AI: 5/10. It's fun sneaking up on your enemies sure, but when they're all literally just walking into the same spot and dying because you're distracting them with the Alien's hiss or the Predator's voice box, it doesn't leave much in the way of a challenge. Especially when that one marine that come over to you has buddies 6 feet away who for some reason can't hear what's going on.

Graphics: 7/10. Nicely textured for sure, but the graphics were very muddy. It reminded me of Turok and that's not a good thing.

Re-playability: 8/10. At least there's stuff to go back and hunt down, if only for the sake of getting a few trophies and increasing your score.

Other comments: the Marine campaign sucked. There's no way around on that for me. It felt tacked on and I was so annoyed with the Marine's name: Rookie. Really Rebellion? You couldn't have given him something even as basic as Smith or Johnson? Ugh.

Overall: 6.5/10. Not a horrible game, but it should have been much better.

you wouldn't have likeed the ghostbusters game i think that only has 6 levels (although each one is quite long) and the MC is called rookie!

I've played GB and it was fun. Much more fun than AvP, to be honest.

FUZION PREDATOR

FUZION PREDATOR

AVP 99
My personnal favorite game of all time. The game show the species just like they are in their own films
First time i played as a Predator, i was like "O..M..G i'm a Predator! try to stop me b*tches"
One thing that complelty seduced me was the smart disk, which (contrary to AvP2 and 3 disks) really cute in half you opponent whatever it is (Marine, aliens, Predalien,preatoriens, androids)

Or when i played the Marine for the 1st time a was like "hell yeah i'm like Hudson" (then my motion tracker "bip") "of f**k" i shot an entire Pulse rifle clip on the wall for nothing  :D

I especially liked:
-Very resilient Preds, with 1 shot 1 dead weapons ( i really felt like i was Anytime or Pussyface because of the dominating and hunter felling the Preds gave me)

-Fast Aliens, very vulnerable (to firearms) but deadly in close combat (but you must be tacital,  a shotgun round at close range and you're done)

-The slower (but still too fast) , vulnerable and super equipped Marines  (night vision, moving sensor, flares, gatling, nade launchers .....)

AvP 2
Incredibly good single player (with very good levels, a rich script and many new weapons and abilities)
But the mutliplayer (which was basically pretty good) was spoiled by the Alien "torpedo" attack (or the rushing attack) which was awful and make the MP impossible , especialy with my bad connection.
And the decreasing power of the Predators weapons (plasma casters needs to be charged far more than in AvP 99 , the smart disc has a worst seeking capacity and  less powerful speargun and wristblades) really disapointed me, as their (predators) incredibly slow moving capacity. (i wasn't even able to reach a Marine which was moving back, finaly the wirst blades were complelty useless)
And i overall i found the Marine fireamrs (especialy the Pulse rifle) too weak (in MP of course) , it takes far too long to kill a xeno compare to the movies (aliens) events. (or maybe it was my connection ?)

But i don't know why , i found this MP very very fun despite these mistakes  ???

AvP 3
Poor single player (poor story, even with the audio messages)  less weapons , less capacities (no torch, no hacking system ,no night vision, no trophy collection on cadavers .....), less levels,  (i only like the Predator bosses which where a little bite more challenging)
A MP completly spoiled by the balanced obsesion , making this MP especially ridiculous :
Marine blocking xeno an Preds attacks with his arms (when using a pistol) or with his firearms
Xeno blocking Preds blades with their forearms (lol)
Predator killable with only one double shotgun blow or 8 Puslrifle rounds
Useless acid blood of the xeno
Awful stealth kills (worst than the xeno tropedo attack from AvP2)
Unstoppable heavy attack without a good connection.
Under-equipped marine (no night vision, no flares. Only a Made in china light on the shoulder)

And too small motion tracker (for my eyes personnaly) compare to the size of AvP 99 and AvP2 marines motion tracker
AND moreover given the fact Rebellion done this game i (stupidly) guessed i would be as great as the first AvP, then i bought (waste) 100€ (110$) for the hunter edition. I will never make this mistake again  >:(

AcidGlow

AcidGlow

Quote from: FUZION PREDATOR on Sep 17, 2010, 09:42:24 AM
AVP 99
My personnal favorite game of all time. The game show the species just like they are in their own films
AvP1 had terrible balance.. marine weapons don't scratch them. Their only chance is using minigun and sadar.. that's balanced? AvP3 has more balance then that.. Try using a pulse rifle in avp1 on a pred.. see how many few hundred rounds it takes to kill one.. Amd I don't recall marines running 60 miles per hour holding a heavy weapon in "the films".. AvP1 is just a quake clone.

I especially liked:
-Very resilient Preds, with 1 shot 1 dead weapons
You forgot to mention how terrible melee combat is in AvP1. Nobody will use it. It's just cannon or speargun. That's boring..

-Fast Aliens, very vulnerable (to firearms) but deadly in close combat (but you must be tacital,  a shotgun round at close range and you're done)
You don't get a shotgun in avp1... -_-

FUZION PREDATOR

FUZION PREDATOR

Well i just exposed my opinion. For me the campaigns are more important than MP (then the multiplayer defaults are secondary for me)
And for the shotgun thing i was talking about the AvP 1 campaign (in the gold edition their is humans armed with shotguns)

EDIT: in AvP1 multi as a Pred it's not only Plasma caster and speargun, it's magnetic pistol and smart disk too. ;) (and i have a bad connection, so if i say they are useful , then they are useful  ;D )

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

AvP 2's balance wasn't all that great either. Killing a Pred was a mission in itself.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

AvP2 Preds were easier to kill than AvP1 Preds. AvP1 Preds took two charged Alien tail attacks, so even if you got the drop on them, they could turn around and kill you.

In AvP2, it was much easier to take advantage of a tactically superior position, even taking plasma spam into consideration.

AvP2010 has, by far, the best balance.

FUZION PREDATOR

FUZION PREDATOR

Funny  :D

For me the AvP 1 Predator's are super easy to kill ( 1 full charged tail hit and the Pred get on his knee, then you just have to finish him)

I found the AvP 2 Predators more challenging

But i have to agree that the AvP 3 pred are the funniest ,not really the hardest, but still funny, pretty realisitic in term of resistance (health bar) and and intersting variety of attacks.
If they were more accruate (with their plasma caster). They would definitly be more intersting and challenging for me.

Brother

Brother

You could do something about avp2's balance yourself.

FUZION PREDATOR

FUZION PREDATOR

Quote from: Brother on Sep 18, 2010, 10:00:46 PM
You could do something about avp2's balance yourself.

Sorry i don't understand  ??? (i'm french so i possibly doesn't understand everything)

Brother

Brother

It's not a comment about your post.

FUZION PREDATOR

FUZION PREDATOR

Oh mea culpa  ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed