Misc Prometheus Stuff

Started by ikarop, May 02, 2012, 10:33:57 PM

Author
Misc Prometheus Stuff (Read 227,217 times)

Qwertify

Qwertify

Quote from: RoyaleDuke on May 14, 2012, 11:43:52 PM
More like piss them off if this has all been a giant rollercoaster ride of misinformation and selling a product that isn't what I was lead to believe it was.

RS: "By the way, why I said Alien DNA in the last 8 minutes, I meant to say that the crew find the Derelicht and battle whatever came out of that SJs chest. Sorry, didn't know how obvious it would be to fans. I guess all the mystery I created wasn't really that necessary. Well what can I say - no harm no foul."

RoyaleDuke

RoyaleDuke

Quote from: Qwertify on May 15, 2012, 02:49:31 AM
Quote from: RoyaleDuke on May 14, 2012, 11:43:52 PM
More like piss them off if this has all been a giant rollercoaster ride of misinformation and selling a product that isn't what I was lead to believe it was.

RS: "By the way, why I said Alien DNA in the last 8 minutes, I meant to say that the crew find the Derelicht and battle whatever came out of that SJs chest. Sorry, didn't know how obvious it would be to fans. I guess all the mystery I created wasn't really that necessary. Well what can I say - no harm no foul."

My goodness, a wee bit snarky aren't we? You make it sound like I want a micheal bay movie with Aliens or Protoaliens in it. I don't.

In fact, I just hate being misdirected if this is in fact an Alien prequel as I've been led to believe, that is more or less a self contained movie and sheds some light on the events that happened while introducing new ideas I am fine with that. If he does it in a more obvious manner, I am okay with that too.

If he doesn't do shit, then yes I'll be irritated with Ridley and disappointed in the movie because of False advertisement.

That said in all likelihood it won't disappoint me and will probably surpass my low expectations, but if some things aren't at the very least glossed over in a reasonable manner...well, yeah disappointment.

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

You've have plenty of time to get over said misdirection. It's over. Game over. Prometheus is upon us. Jesus Christ man. We've known about the spin-off prequel status of this film for at least 18 months. Move. On. K? ;) ;) :)

RoyaleDuke

RoyaleDuke

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on May 15, 2012, 03:45:06 AM
You've have plenty of time to get over said misdirection. It's over. Game over. Prometheus is upon us. Jesus Christ man. We've known about the spin-off prequel status of this film for at least 18 months. Move. On. K? ;) ;) :)

I will never move on.

Deception is still Deception but I will try to enjoy the movie either way.

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

I do not believe it was intended deception...or deception at all. They had an idea, and they changed their mind. Get angry because there are people being slaughtered in the Sudan....this "I'm so wronged by Fox for not giving me something predictable and tired" line is just pathetic at this point.

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on May 15, 2012, 04:10:12 AMGet angry because there are people being slaughtered in the Sudan...

Hell hath no wrath like a fan scorned, you know this. ;)

RoyaleDuke

RoyaleDuke

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on May 15, 2012, 04:10:12 AM
I do not believe it was intended deception...or deception at all. They had an idea, and they changed their mind. Get angry because there are people being slaughtered in the Sudan....this "I'm so wronged by Fox for not giving me something predictable and tired" line is just pathetic at this point.

That Sudan bit was a little out of left field, I'll keep my opinions on that to myself thank you very much.

And I do feel wronged, but I believe that I will end up loving the film for two reasons:

1. I love Ridley Scott's Work, especially his Science Fiction.
2. I love Alien/Aliens

In all honesty I am beyond hyped for this film, there isn't a day that goes by that I am not anticipating the movie. I am just stating my feelings as they are of a conflicted nature, I never wanted the film to just book-end into Alien but I wanted Answers while still getting something new and fantastic. I have no doubts this film will probably surpass my expectations and my bruised fan ego will probably take a backseat through most of it.

zoidy

zoidy

Quote from: RoyaleDuke on May 15, 2012, 07:02:15 AMI am just stating my feelings as they are of a conflicted nature, I never wanted the film to just book-end into Alien but I wanted Answers while still getting something new and fantastic. I have no doubts this film will probably surpass my expectations and my bruised fan ego will probably take a backseat through most of it.
It sounds like this film is exactly what you want:  "Answers while still getting something new and fantastic". Thats what it is, and it's been known for months if not longer that that is what we are going to get.

I'm not sure what it is you feel "wronged" about. This sounds like your dream movie, and mine also.

Valaquen

Valaquen

You can't please fans. Most of 'em, anyway :/

Qwertify

Qwertify

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on May 15, 2012, 03:45:06 AM

This AND it is not like Ridley and all of them planned it that way. Things change over time - and I think people can understand that.

Besides - it is getting incredibly annoying - every other post is like "Yeah it looks good - but it wasn't what I was promised 3 years ago, an just to let everyone know - it disappoints me that it wasn't what I was promised, because that is what I thought I was going to get, but instead we get this, which is ok, but it is not the xeno/hugger world I was promised. I feel betrayed even though I will see Prometheus anyways and I know that when Scott made those claims three years ago - he could not foresee everything changing things so much. I still feel lied to and I am still not getting what I was promised."

Glaive

Glaive

Quote from: Valaquen on May 15, 2012, 01:16:03 PM
You can't please fans. Most of 'em, anyway :/

...mostly...

ikarop

ikarop

http://twitter.com/#!/thescifishow/status/202293102562656256

Quote3am, May 17, a new Prometheus viral vid will be launched on www.thescifishow.com.

El Diablo

El Diablo

Not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere but I caught a quick promo last night for the season finale of NCIS on CBS (here in the States). There was mention of an exclusive preview for PROMETHEUS during the broadcast. I'm not sure if it's a new trailer or footage that we've already seen, but it did say "exclusive." The finale airs tonight.

Anyone else see this?

Valaqueen

Valaqueen

Quote from: Lostsoul on May 10, 2012, 10:40:18 PM
Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on May 09, 2012, 02:28:02 PM
* POSSIBLE SPOILER*
I think Vickers is an android, AND she's Weyland's daughter...created in the likeness of a real daughter of his that passed away or something? Just a guess...but it feels right. Like Rachel from Blade Runner...she has no idea she's a synthetic.
I love that Rachel like idea  :-*

Weyland didn't have any children according to the timelime as he was too busy with his work. The only child he really had was the David androids and they were in place of the son he wished he had.

Eva

Eva

Weyland could be Vicker's father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate...  :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed