20-29
30-39
40-49
50-59
60-69
70-79
80+
Author
So how old are you guys? (Read 8,602 times)

Reluctant Jeri

Reluctant Jeri

A deeply resentful 45. Apparently I don't look my age accordinging to my other half. She does have a vested interest and wears glasses though...

Shinawi

Shinawi

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jun 13, 2020, 02:18:24 AM
Sometimes at AVPGalaxy the younger you are the more you behave like an adult. How can you explain this phenomenon? ???
It could be a generational difference as time goes by. I noticed that the current kids and teenagers are mostly well-behaved and spend more time indoors with their phones. When I was a kid, we were very active, but also caused some trouble and angered our parents and teachers. I was more of the less troublesome type for that time. I remember seeing an older kid yell something under the door of another classroom and run away. Some of the other kids got off the school bus early and tried to race it. They got in trouble for that. The generational difference still shows even when we're older.

I have a theory that a lot of the adults who raise their kids to be obedient remember how much stress they caused to their own parents, and so they took measures to avoid going through that same problem. I know of two adults who are very strict to their children. They hide the fact that they used to go clubbing every night when they were younger. I heard that one of those adults skipped a lot of classes and went to NYC with her friend when she was a university student. Nowadays, she makes her kids study hard, claiming that she studied longer hours than they did.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Could be that.

Personally I'm in my 30's and just don't consider the internet to be serious business at all. Different for "digital natives" who have had access for most/all of their lives.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jun 13, 2020, 02:18:24 AM
Sometimes at AVPGalaxy the younger you are the more you behave like an adult. How can you explain this phenomenon? ???

I actually do feel I was more childish the younger I was, more sensitive, more triggered by imagined slights, unrealistic expectations of others, getting into really pointless conflicts where there's little to nothing to actually gain.

A long absences and many years later and at the age of 30 I feel I've legit really grown up a lot, not just the number but as a person.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I'm much less serious on the internet than I am in real life.  I have been cursed with the reliability tag everywhere I've been irl, so the internet is where I can kick back and get my troll on. 

I don't even try to be good at things, I'm just so naturally gifted at pissing excellence that only self sabotage has kept me from being a millionaire. 

Razz

Razz

Wweyland

Wweyland

37, just turned a week ago.

David Weyland

David Weyland

You will die
I will not

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Got asked for ID to buy razors today.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Trash Queen on Oct 21, 2021, 02:38:35 AM
Got asked for ID to buy razors today.

Yeah but in the UK they ask for ID to buy plastic spoons so if you aren't grey haired and wrinkled I assume you get ID'd for liquor, cigarettes or anything sharp at all times?

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Not really.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

I mostly just wanted to perpetuate the spoons meme.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

I share the same birthdate as Idris Elba.

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Master Chief

Master Chief

Quote from: Elmazalman on Oct 25, 2021, 10:13:23 AM
I share the same birthdate as Idris Elba.

I share the same birthday as Samuel L. Jackson.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed