Last Movie You Watched Part 1

Started by Ratchetcomand, Dec 08, 2007, 05:28:17 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched Part 1 (Read 1,067,273 times)

Spidey3121

Spidey3121

Ong Bak 3 = Shit.

I love Tony Jaa, but haven't seen him in much. Was introduced to him through The Protector which rocked and then made it a point to check out the Ong Bak films. Only 2 and 3 are available through instant stream though. Watched 2 yesterday and it was alright but 3 really really blew; hard.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Face / Off Cage-Travolta/10

This film was just... just awesome. Essentially, John Travolta plays an FBI agent who has been tracking down Castor Troy (Cage), a terrorist wanted for an insane number of felonies. As a bonus, Troy also murdered Travolta's son. So we got a revenge story goin' here. Alright, so Travolta takes down Cage in what is one of the most ridiculous (and therefore awesome) chases I have seen in a movie (it involved numerous cars, a helicopter, and a small plane) which then leads to a gunfight. Between John Travolta. And Nicolas Cage. Oh my gods, I didn't think this could get any better. (But it does.) Long story short, Travolta wins, Cage is in a coma, and everybody's happy...

But...

Turns out Cage had hidden a very powerful nerve gas bomb that could kill thousands. In order to find out where it's hidden, Travolta undergoes a top-secret medical procedure that results in Travolta wearing Cage's face. Y'know, as an impostor. Find the bomb, 'n shit. He finds out where it's hidden, but then...

Cage wakes up from his coma, and is surprised to discover he no longer posses a face. However, he finds Travolta's conveniently nearby, and then forces the procedure to be done on him. So now Cage has Travolta's face. And then he kills everybody who knew about Travolta's undercover op. So, yeah, TravoltaCage is f**ked.

Now, about here is where I almost passed out from sheer awesome. John Travolta was now Nicolas Cage. Nicolas Cage was now John Travolta. Travolta was Cage, Cage was Travolta, they were morphing together into a superentity... It blew my mind. And was f**king great.

Ghostface

Ghostface

Quote from: Spidey3121 on Jul 31, 2011, 11:23:24 PM
Ong Bak 3 = Shit.

I love Tony Jaa, but haven't seen him in much. Was introduced to him through The Protector which rocked and then made it a point to check out the Ong Bak films. Only 2 and 3 are available through instant stream though. Watched 2 yesterday and it was alright but 3 really really blew; hard.

Thats a shame because Ong Bak 1 is great. Plus my old Muay Thai trainer has a cameo in it  ;D

First Blood

First Blood

Cowboys & Aliens

I wanted to like this movie, I really did. Surely genre crossing is common, but a f**king Western and Science-Fiction? Yes please, it had the potential to be something great but it ending up falling flat. Daniel Craig was certainly serviceable as the movie's badass protagonist. And Harrison Ford, who dusted off his Indiana Jones hat and conveniently brought it along for this film plays a rather mean old bastard.

But the film never really hits its stride. Oliva Wilde is gorgeous to look at, but her character brought nothing to the script, hell if she wouldn't have been in the movie, it may not have made a difference. I found the preacher (Clancy Brown) to be a more interesting character than her.

Then we have the aliens, who fly around in dragon-fly looking spaceships. Their reason for being on Earth is just f**king silly. To quote Ford's character when he finds out their motive..."Well that's just ridiculous." Yes it is.

The final battle at the end was underwhelming as well.

In closing, for me this was in part a large disappointment.

5/10

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

Universal Soldier/ Special Edition DVD : For a 1992 film it's pretty impressive. Loved it as a kid in the theaters and it still holds up today as an adult. It's def a man's man action movie, Dolph Lundgren was just as sinister as the T-1000 in T2 and Van Vamme was awesome. It's a classic, with a solid story, action and heart.

8/10

Universal Soldier Regeneration/ Blu-ray : I finally got around to seeing this movie if you can believe that. I kept on listening to the reviews from the critics and the IMDB giving it a 5.7/10. What crack were they smoking?! This movie was insane, brutal action, realistic violent h2h combat and dam good acting. Pitbull from the UFC played a perfect villian, very impressed. This movie by far is the best straight to DVD film I've ever seen. In fact why the hell wasn't it released in theaters? I think it would have done well. The director who did this film John Hyams, I hope and pray he keeps on making action movies because he has a bright future. His style reminds me of Neill Blomkamp. 

8.5/10

Hubbs

Hubbs

Dark Angel (aka. I Come in Peace, 1990)     :P

Drop Zone (1994)     :(

Terminal Velocity (1994)     :P

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part I - refused to watch it until now because of some... personal negative memories attached to the vision of it, I'd say it is an improvement over the last two chapters but has still some problems, the main of which is the pacing.
Also, poor Dobby. :(
7/10

Keg

Keg

Quote from: TJ Doc on Jul 31, 2011, 12:31:53 PM
Salem's Lot (1979)

Bah, it's a TV movie, I thought. I'd seen IT, and if that was anything to go by, then this was going to be just as badly dated and ultimately ineffective. And certainly not as good as the book. There wasn't going to be anything even remotely scAH! AH! AH! AH!

Spoiler

OOOOOOOOHHHH JEEEESUSFUUUUUUUCK
[close]

I... I was so frightened... I think a little poo came out.

Salems Lot is one of only a handful of films to truly terrify the f**k out of me. And I alos agree about IT. Watching it years later I realised how dated and silly it seems to have become I was really disapointed because when I first watched it 15 years ago I thought it was fantastic.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

I reckon I would have enjoyed IT more if I hadn't read the book first. A lot of what made the novel excellent was completely lost in translation to the small screen. Hopefully the upcoming film (which I'm assuming is still in the works) will get it right.

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Aug 01, 2011, 02:41:32 AM
Face / Off Cage-Travolta/10
Spoiler

This film was just... just awesome. Essentially, John Travolta plays an FBI agent who has been tracking down Castor Troy (Cage), a terrorist wanted for an insane number of felonies. As a bonus, Troy also murdered Travolta's son. So we got a revenge story goin' here. Alright, so Travolta takes down Cage in what is one of the most ridiculous (and therefore awesome) chases I have seen in a movie (it involved numerous cars, a helicopter, and a small plane) which then leads to a gunfight. Between John Travolta. And Nicolas Cage. Oh my gods, I didn't think this could get any better. (But it does.) Long story short, Travolta wins, Cage is in a coma, and everybody's happy...

But...

Turns out Cage had hidden a very powerful nerve gas bomb that could kill thousands. In order to find out where it's hidden, Travolta undergoes a top-secret medical procedure that results in Travolta wearing Cage's face. Y'know, as an impostor. Find the bomb, 'n shit. He finds out where it's hidden, but then...

Cage wakes up from his coma, and is surprised to discover he no longer posses a face. However, he finds Travolta's conveniently nearby, and then forces the procedure to be done on him. So now Cage has Travolta's face. And then he kills everybody who knew about Travolta's undercover op. So, yeah, TravoltaCage is f**ked.

Now, about here is where I almost passed out from sheer awesome. John Travolta was now Nicolas Cage. Nicolas Cage was now John Travolta. Travolta was Cage, Cage was Travolta, they were morphing together into a superentity... It blew my mind. And was f**king great.
[close]

Now you must seek out Hard Target. It's not as polished as F/O, but there's still plenty of awesome Woo action (and you get to see Van Damme fight Lance Henriksen).

And Broken Arrow for your next fix of Woo-directed Travolta villainy!

Keg

Keg

Super

7/10

That was not what I was expecting. I was expecting a witty, cute little independent film like the trailer suggested and that was some horrible messed up shit. I really enjoyed it but I felt awkward about Libby's character. Ellen Page played her so brilliantly that she makes you squirm. If that was the intention anyway.

Frank is clearly messed up in the head but Libby is on another level. That laugh. Jesus its more disturbing than any Joker laugh ive heard.

Pn2501

Pn2501

Quote from: Keg on Aug 01, 2011, 01:53:47 PM
Super

7/10

That was not what I was expecting. I was expecting a witty, cute little independent film like the trailer suggested and that was some horrible messed up shit. I really enjoyed it but I felt awkward about Libby's character. Ellen Page played her so brilliantly that she makes you squirm. If that was the intention anyway.

Frank is clearly messed up in the head but Libby is on another level.

Yeah that's the score I'd give it.
The dialogue is awesome.
Although the movie is a little flat at times.

Quote from: PHANTOM on Aug 01, 2011, 04:48:39 AM
Universal Soldier/ Special Edition DVD : For a 1992 film it's pretty impressive. Loved it as a kid in the theaters and it still holds up today as an adult. It's def a man's man action movie, Dolph Lundgren was just as sinister as the T-1000 in T2 and Van Vamme was awesome. It's a classic, with a solid story, action and heart.

8/10

Universal Soldier Regeneration/ Blu-ray : I finally got around to seeing this movie if you can believe that. I kept on listening to the reviews from the critics and the IMDB giving it a 5.7/10. What crack were they smoking?! This movie was insane, brutal action, realistic violent h2h combat and dam good acting. Pitbull from the UFC played a perfect villian, very impressed. This movie by far is the best straight to DVD film I've ever seen. In fact why the hell wasn't it released in theaters? I think it would have done well. The director who did this film John Hyams, I hope and pray he keeps on making action movies because he has a bright future. His style reminds me of Neill Blomkamp. 

8.5/10

whut? i loke both, but the original is clearly the best, i didn't like the UFC style fighting in Regeneration to be honest, i prefer the CQC they do in the original.

last i saw was Captain America 8.5/10 amazing, awesome, loved it.

The Land Before Time, nostalgia!!

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I saw The Island, one of my favourite films.

Keg

Keg

Meh its alright. The first hour is interesting and then the last hour is just typical Michael Bay with the same car chase on a motorway with big objects falling into moving cars (Bad Boys II it was other cars falling off a transport lorry, The Island it was huge metal wheel things and in Transformers 3 it was....well Transformers).

Decent film which id watch again but i personally wouldnt rank it anywhere near a favourite film.

Now The Rock and Bad Boys on the other hand I would!  ;D

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Keg on Aug 01, 2011, 04:17:24 PM
Decent film which id watch again but i personally wouldnt rank it anywhere near a favourite film.

I would.

8) ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed